Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ex-Falcon Jenkins key to passing offense

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105056
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1105055
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105054
    Thanks for the read my friend.

Wasn't to long ago that a certain coach was hacked on for brining guys with him he knew his scheme. Most seemed puzzled by the concept. :lol:

On a side note........Can't believe this cat even wrote this.

New offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave came from Atlanta and is installing the Falcons’ offense.
    This is an assumption, just like everyone assumed that the Chiller was gonna bring the Iggles offensive scheme with him and then didn't.
    Good Lord, Marty - you've been making assumptions about what Musgrave will do on these boards for weeks. And ripping him because of it.

=Z=
    I actually like that type/variant of the WCO soooooooo, as usual you missed the point.

What I have been ripping on him for is the OL. Absolutely looks like they had/have no plan coming into preseason.

And besides, this site is for making assumptions. If we had facts none of us would be on this site. We would all be working someplace were we couldn't divulge those facts.

Do you think otherwise? Perhaps your input to the site is based on facts?
    I'm just calling you out for ripping some "yutz" (as you would say) for doing the EXACT SAME THING you've been doing.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1105057

Wasn't to long ago that a certain coach was hacked on for brining guys with him he knew his scheme. Most seemed puzzled by the concept. :lol:

New offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave came from Atlanta and is installing the Falcons’ offense.
    This is an assumption, just like everyone assumed that the Chiller was gonna bring the Iggles offensive scheme with him and then didn't.
    Good Lord, Marty - you've been making assumptions about what Musgrave will do on these boards for weeks. And ripping him because of it.

=Z=
    I actually like that type/variant of the WCO soooooooo, as usual you missed the point.

What I have been ripping on him for is the OL. Absolutely looks like they had/have no plan coming into preseason.

And besides, this site is for making assumptions. If we had facts none of us would be on this site. We would all be working someplace were we couldn't divulge those facts.

I'm just calling you out for ripping some "yutz" (as you would say) for doing the EXACT SAME THING you've been doing.

=Z=
    Go ahead, just rip me for the right reason.

Again, I like the offense I assume he is going to bring and claim poppycock to anyone who thinks he is going to bring something other that that offense unless they can provide better data to back that assumption up than I have provided.

So far you have provided nothing other that to say I'm wrong and haven't provided one shred of "Proof" to back your claim up. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105059

=Z=

Again, I like the offense I assume he is going to bring and claim poppycock to anyone who thinks he is going to bring something other that that offense unless they can provide better data to back that assumption up than I have provided.

So far you have provided nothing other that to say I'm wrong and haven't provided one shred of "Proof" to back your claim up. :P
    Where did I say you were wrong? I haven't made any comment about your assumptions.

Read it again - slowly this time -

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1105061

=Z=

Where did I say you were wrong? I haven't made any comment about your assumptions.

=Z=
    LOL, maybe you should read it slowly this time.....

and claim poppycock to anyone who thinks he is going to bring something other that that offense
    I claimed poppycock. You stuck your nose in. Don't like it when I comment back don't comment, unless of course you think you have something "Credible" that makes my assumption seem out of kilter. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105062
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1105061

=Z=

=Z=
    LOL, maybe you should read it slowly this time.....

and claim poppycock to anyone who thinks he is going to bring something other that that offense
    I claimed poppycock. You stuck your nose in. Don't like it when I comment back don't comment, unless of course you think you have something "Credible" that makes my assumption seem out of kilter. :P
    The lack of having or signing a proven, legitimate deep threat WR, bolstering the TE positions & drafting an accurate mid range throwing QB, whose weak point is the long ball, has every indication that the Vikings intend to dink & dunk & pound their way to win a SB ala the 2002 Buccaneers.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Go back, look at what he did the two times he was an O-coord and you will see what kindof offense he is gonna bring. If that confuses you, then go ahead and look at the offensive players that were added in the offseason.

1rst Pick (Dink/dunk QB taken before most projected) Ponder is not Ryan. He will still be good but he isn't not the same type of QB.

2nd Pick (Big Physical TE) This guy is gonna be a monster, first in run support and second, in between the hashes especially in the red zone. Definately not a "Go deep" kindof guy.

5th pick (Big Mawler inside). Cats like this are brought in to pound the ball.

7th Pick (OK, I'm not sure why we need another ZB'ing Center).

10th Pick (Big Tall Possesion WR). Nice speed but more know for his short range quickness and body control. Developmental project at best. Could almost be taken as a "Hey we might want to add another WR" pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103095
    Musgrave Says Team Will Tailor Offense To Fit Players

LOL, now I know why he's failed every place hes been an O-coord.

He uses the old "Hey, just get me some players and I'll see if they work" approach instead of the "Draft me players that fit the scheme" approach that most of the known football world uses.

WOW.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Thought Jenkins looked good last night, blocked really well, nice grab too.

Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1105191
    He completely missed a block on 1 play.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105201
    Yeah, that was a bad one for sure. That being said a few plays later he had a really good downfield block while Berrian was close to him and threw one of the most pathetic attempts at a block I have ever seen.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105201
    Then we should just cut him right?!.. :dry:

Think it was 4 plays in a row he was blocking, one was Sauce's run, and he blocked pretty damn good 3 out of 4 of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast