Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Ex-Falcon Jenkins key to passing offense

    Ex-Falcon Jenkins key to passing offense

    A former first-round pick who never lived up to his predraft billing in Atlanta, Jenkins was an easy pickup when the Falcons released him. New offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave came from Atlanta and is installing the Falcons’ offense. Jenkins is the only receiver who knows how to play the flanker, split end and slot receiver positions

    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-17/minnesota-vikings-training-camp-ex-falcon-jenkins-key-to-passing-offense

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Ex-Falcon Jenkins key to passing offense

    So we signed a mediocre WR that's been a disappointment to his former team, only because he knows their/our offense?

    Where have we seen this before?

    Baskett

    Lewis

    Pinkston

    McMullen

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Ex-Falcon Jenkins key to passing offense

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104941
    So we signed a mediocre player that's been a disappointment in Atlanta, only because he knows the Falcon's offense?
    One interesting thing that I read somewhere in the past week (I think it was in the STrib) was that one of Jenkins' strengths is his blocking in the running game. How many of AD's long TD runs were supported by people like Bobby Wade or Robert Ferguson doing some damage downfield? Lots.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Ex-Falcon Jenkins key to passing offense

    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1104942
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104941
    So we signed a mediocre player that's been a disappointment in Atlanta, only because he knows the Falcon's offense?
    One interesting thing that I read somewhere in the past week (I think it was in the STrib) was that one of Jenkins' strengths is his blocking in the running game. How many of AD's long TD runs were supported by people like Bobby Wade or Robert Ferguson doing some damage downfield? Lots.

    =Z=
    Weren't Ferguson & Wade more possession type receivers than they were deep threat receivers?

    Jenkins, along with Berrian are supposed to be our deep threat receivers.

    I'd hate to think we signed him just to be a down field blocking threat.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Ex-Falcon Jenkins key to passing offense

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104943
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1104942
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104941
    So we signed a mediocre player that's been a disappointment in Atlanta, only because he knows the Falcon's offense?
    One interesting thing that I read somewhere in the past week (I think it was in the STrib) was that one of Jenkins' strengths is his blocking in the running game. How many of AD's long TD runs were supported by people like Bobby Wade or Robert Ferguson doing some damage downfield? Lots.
    Weren't Ferguson & Wade more possession type receivers than they were deep threat receivers?

    Jenkins, along with Berrian are supposed to be our deep threat receivers.

    I'd hate to think we signed him just to be a down field blocking threat.
    That wasn't my point. I think, however, that it is really easy to look only at numbers and decide that someone is a failure or disappointment and ignore other talents which are not so readily measurable.

    If Jenkins goes 60-800-8, then I'll be satisfied.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #6
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ex-Falcon Jenkins key to passing offense

    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1104944

    If Jenkins goes 60-800-8, then I'll be satisfied.

    =Z=
    That would be a career high for each category.

  7. #7
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Ex-Falcon Jenkins key to passing offense

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104946
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1104944

    If Jenkins goes 60-800-8, then I'll be satisfied.

    =Z=
    That would be a career high for each category.
    Yeah, I'd be thrilled if he put up those numbers...especially in a new (different cast) offense.

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Ex-Falcon Jenkins key to passing offense

    Thanks for the read my friend.

    Wasn't to long ago that a certain coach was hacked on for brining guys with him he knew his scheme. Most seemed puzzled by the concept. :lol:

    On a side note........Can't believe this cat even wrote this.

    New offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave came from Atlanta and is installing the Falcons’ offense.
    This is an assumption, just like everyone assumed that the Chiller was gonna bring the Iggles offensive scheme with him and then didn't.

    Go back, look at what he did the two times he was an O-coord and you will see what kindof offense he is gonna bring. If that confuses you, then go ahead and look at the offensive players that were added in the offseason.

    1rst Pick (Dink/dunk QB taken before most projected) Ponder is not Ryan. He will still be good but he isn't not the same type of QB.

    2nd Pick (Big Physical TE) This guy is gonna be a monster, first in run support and second, in between the hashes especially in the red zone. Definately not a "Go deep" kindof guy.

    5th pick (Big Mawler inside). Cats like this are brought in to pound the ball.

    7th Pick (OK, I'm not sure why we need another ZB'ing Center).

    10th Pick (Big Tall Possesion WR). Nice speed but more know for his short range quickness and body control. Developmental project at best. Could almost be taken as a "Hey we might want to add another WR" pick.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Ex-Falcon Jenkins key to passing offense

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105054
    Thanks for the read my friend.

    Wasn't to long ago that a certain coach was hacked on for brining guys with him he knew his scheme. Most seemed puzzled by the concept. :lol:

    On a side note........Can't believe this cat even wrote this.

    New offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave came from Atlanta and is installing the Falcons’ offense.
    This is an assumption, just like everyone assumed that the Chiller was gonna bring the Iggles offensive scheme with him and then didn't.
    Good Lord, Marty - you've been making assumptions about what Musgrave will do on these boards for weeks. And ripping him because of it.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Ex-Falcon Jenkins key to passing offense

    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1105055
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105054
    Thanks for the read my friend.

    Wasn't to long ago that a certain coach was hacked on for brining guys with him he knew his scheme. Most seemed puzzled by the concept. :lol:

    On a side note........Can't believe this cat even wrote this.

    New offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave came from Atlanta and is installing the Falcons’ offense.
    This is an assumption, just like everyone assumed that the Chiller was gonna bring the Iggles offensive scheme with him and then didn't.
    Good Lord, Marty - you've been making assumptions about what Musgrave will do on these boards for weeks. And ripping him because of it.

    =Z=
    I actually like that type/variant of the WCO soooooooo, as usual you missed the point.

    What I have been ripping on him for is the OL. Absolutely looks like they had/have no plan coming into preseason.

    And besides, this site is for making assumptions. If we had facts none of us would be on this site. We would all be working someplace were we couldn't divulge those facts.

    Do you think otherwise? Perhaps your input to the site is based on facts?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Atlanta Falcon Fan: Question About Ray Edwards
    By Knight of God in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 05:27 PM
  2. Jamal Anderson Is Falcon Drunk
    By Vikes in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 09:04 AM
  3. Vikings' passing offense finally producing
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 11:00 PM
  4. Horn A Falcon
    By WinonaVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 02:07 PM
  5. Falcon Fan Returning
    By daredevil25 in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 03:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •