Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Is everyone tired of people hating on TJack and our WR's or is it just me?

Is it just me, or does this thread sound like, "I'm a whiny bitch who can't take getting picked on"

Who cares what other internet posters think.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I'm not happy with our QB situation.
    On the other hand, I'm actually pretty happy with our WR situation. It seems perfect.
    Bernard Berrian as the No. 1 receiver
    Sidney Rice as the No. 2 receiver
    and Bobby Wade as the slot receiver.
    Bobby Wade is not a No. 1 receiver and never will be. So moving him back to the slot is a good move. Bernard Berrian played good on a poor team and has the potential to be a No. 1 receiver. Sidney Rice showed flashes last year and I think he'll be ready to take it to the next level.
    Plus, we have my man A. Allison who has mad skills and may tore defenses up if he gets the right coaching.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mewario" wrote:
    Aren't you sick and tired?
    Seriously, everywhere I go that's all I hear.
    Be it "reality" or on websites.

"Well Jared Allen is nice but they shoulda got a real qb har har."

"Wrong side of the ball to upgrade they need wideouts."

I can't wait for TJack, Berrian, and Rice to shut up all the haters this year.
    The NFL is gonna be scared to see purple next year.
    I spend all of last year defending TJack to the other NFL fans in my office...with my simple claim that if TJack could just be an AVERAGE QB (70 passer rating or so), the Vikings could win enough games to make the playoffs (a modest goal).
    And absent a few ill-advised gaffes on his part in key games, he would have been just that..and the Vikes would have made the playoffs.
    I look for some improvement in his decision-making skills this year, which I think translates into an 80 to 90 QB rating...more than enough to lead the Vikings to the playoffs.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I hear ya my friend, but guess what.
    Based on thier level of knowledge of our team they are probably correct in thier assesment.

a.
    They don't know who TJ is now or even before the draft.
    Most casual fans will automatically discount a players abilities based on just that. Then throw in the fact that he actually played poorly at times last year even though he shouldn' have been playing at all they will again, lump him in the shitty QB catagory.

Trust me when I tell you that he will be fine this year.
    The reps he got last year will pay huge dividends as a medium for coach Rodgers to help him iron out some of those rookie mistakes.
    (Yes, I know he wasn't a rookie last year for the lame brain who missed my point).

b.
    They also don't have the faintest idea of how the WR corp is supposed to work in the WCO.
    In fact most of them will say things like "No true #1" or add a Moss statement to thier analysis. Again, it gets back to thier level of knowledge.

Again, trust me, they will see what the corp can do as a unit based on what the defenses give us.
    One week BB will do fine, the next week B-wade will do fine, the next week it might be Rice, and shock of all shocks a few weeks it will be all of them.

Regardless.
    Thier yaps will be shut about week 5.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Look, he may have a winning record, but that has happened with QB's like Trent Dilfer and Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler etc. All of the actually were the winning QB's on SB teams but they were in a situation where the team was strong and they may have been a weak link, but not weak enough to keep them from winning the SB. That being said, in the end none of them ever became long term successful QB's.

Jackson is right now at a point in his career where he is on a rising team that can win games with any number of QB's behind center if the line does it's job. The thing that remains o be seen is whether he can become a leader that can take the team down the field and score in spite of a poor performance by other units on the team. So far he has not has a 300 yard game (200 either?) and has not had a game where he threw more than 100 yards of passes to a single player. Much of that is not his sole responsibility but much of it is. If he can become a leader and take control of the offense he will be fine, but so far we have yet to see it. Hopefully he can

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    The whole WR argument is getting old, but i can understand where people coming from with the QB complaints, until TJack leads us to a win he is gonna be an eh QB at best. Lets just hope he proves them wrong.
    He has a winning record as a starter Right?

Or are you actually talking about Leading us to a victory instead of managing the team to won?
    im talking about, we are down by 6 with 3 minutes left, and he drives us down the field, hurry up offense, and throws a game winning td, something like that
    Not every QB is John Elway or Favre.

DC got the same knock, "not a clutch QB," even though he had a winning record.
    My question to those that use this stance, do you like to see your team win?
    A winning record is part of a team effort.
    Why does the game have to be won in the last minute?
    I understand that it is a plus to be able to lead a game winning drive but it is still a team sport and most games are won over the whole game, fundamentals.....

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I hear ya my friend, but guess what.
    Based on thier level of knowledge of our team they are probably correct in thier assesment.

a.
    They don't know who TJ is now or even before the draft.
    Most casual fans will automatically discount a players abilities based on just that. Then throw in the fact that he actually played poorly at times last year even though he shouldn' have been playing at all they will again, lump him in the poohie QB catagory.

Trust me when I tell you that he will be fine this year.
    The reps he got last year will pay huge dividends as a medium for coach Rodgers to help him iron out some of those rookie mistakes.
    (Yes, I know he wasn't a rookie last year for the lame brain who missed my point).

b.
    They also don't have the faintest idea of how the WR corp is supposed to work in the WCO.
    In fact most of them will say things like "No true #1" or add a Moss statement to thier analysis. Again, it gets back to thier level of knowledge.

Again, trust me, they will see what the corp can do as a unit based on what the defenses give us.
    One week BB will do fine, the next week B-wade will do fine, the next week it might be Rice, and shock of all shocks a few weeks it will be all of them.

Regardless.
    Thier yaps will be shut about week 5.
    ;D
    Baldinger from NFLN still had visions of the TWill corp of WRs when I heard him talk last weekend.
    Seriously, they don't know how this group will be this season and it is one of the easiest things to add as a possible negative.
    We have made many additions that seem positive and they have to find a counterpoint to talk about.
    QB abd WR is that counterpoint.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    The whole WR argument is getting old, but i can understand where people coming from with the QB complaints, until TJack leads us to a win he is gonna be an eh QB at best. Lets just hope he proves them wrong.
    He has a winning record as a starter Right?

Or are you actually talking about Leading us to a victory instead of managing the team to won?
    im talking about, we are down by 6 with 3 minutes left, and he drives us down the field, hurry up offense, and throws a game winning td, something like that
    Not every QB is John Elway or Favre.

DC got the same knock, "not a clutch QB," even though he had a winning record.
    My question to those that use this stance, do you like to see your team win?
    A winning record is part of a team effort.
    Why does the game have to be won in the last minute?
    I understand that it is a plus to be able to lead a game winning drive but it is still a team sport and most games are won over the whole game, fundamentals.....
    i never said he had to Elway and Favre, but seeing that happen ONCE would help me believe he is our guy for the longhall. I think on any good team you need you QB to bail you out sometimes. Dont get me wrong, im a fan of TJack, bud id like to see the guy lead the offense and be the leader of the team, hes the QB, thats what he is suppose to do.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Look, he may have a winning record, but that has happened with QB's like Trent Dilfer and Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler etc. All of the actually were the winning QB's on SB teams but they were in a situation where the team was strong and they may have been a weak link, but not weak enough to keep them from winning the SB. That being said, in the end none of them ever became long term successful QB's.

Jackson is right now at a point in his career where he is on a rising team that can win games with any number of QB's behind center if the line does it's job. The thing that remains o be seen is whether he can become a leader that can take the team down the field and score in spite of a poor performance by other units on the team. So far he has not has a 300 yard game (200 either?) and has not had a game where he threw more than 100 yards of passes to a single player. Much of that is not his sole responsibility but much of it is. If he can become a leader and take control of the offense he will be fine, but so far we have yet to see it. Hopefully he can
    All very good points but did/do you really expect anything else out of him based on his exp level last year?

I sure the hell didn't. In fact I thought he would play a lot worse than he did.
    But that didn't mean he didn't act like a leader last year.
    He instilled confidence when he was out there to the point that the team did win.

Again, the reps he got last year equate to a butt load of game film that he, the coaches, the OL and TE/RB's can go over to help them get a bit deeper into the maturation process of this young team.

You keep putting up the benchmark of 300 yd games.
    I will keep putting up the benchmark of wins and losses cause that is what is really important isn't it?

Besides, with our Defense this year, our Offense won't have to put up half the points we did last year.
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Hmm, maybe I should go start a thread about everybody being tired of all the T-Jack loving going on.
    But then I suppose they'd babble about something involving not loving him but he's young.
    Then I would say he'll be an average QB when/if he comes around, then people babble about how their fine with that.
    I know T-Jack is the starter now, but in the long term I think we should find another option.
    But I'll just have to put up with people like you throwing around "hater" because you assume T-Jack is going to make it just like I assume he'll be average at best but you can get away with it because it's optimistic.
    What a waste of a thread of the same old he says she says T-Jack stuff.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast