Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

everyone stop trashing the D

did anyone watch the MNF game? we could be chiefs fans(blasphemy) and have to watch that D every week. the D has improved in areas and areas they are still working on. all the years spent of offense and the busts and the tight pocketbook......cmon, if ya wanna rip something...go to the lions board and poke around in there for while. rejoice that we have a animal at DT again and things ARE getting better.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Yes, it was a good one. It does get a little tiresome when people overly critique everything. If it were more a defensive game then they'd complain about the lack of offense.

im not really satisfied with our D and I dont really want to compare it to either one of those team's which are sub 500 teams and are out of the playoffs. It is really hard to say if we are getting better or not...it seems like it because of the new personnel we have every year from drafts, etc...but it doesnt seem like a marked improvement. There is still time to pull their act together..but most importantly out offense needs to get back to its old form. The Colts have just as bad a D as us, and look at them.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

With as much power as our offense has we should be able to win most games, but its obvious they suck at times. They stall out or never get going, or turn the ball over. Our defense gave us chance after chance to win last week but our offense just turned around and gave the ball right back to the hawks in good field position. I for one did not go after the defense after the hawk loss, but i was shocked to see most people bashing the defense. The defense is the only thing that kept the score close in the second half because we didnt score for sh*t. I will continue to stand by our defense, they gave us a great chance to win the game but the offense did not capatalize.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

wellllll, aw, dont you think that 26 is definitely the best off season move we have made in a while. and maybe#51 and #54. beek is gone but you know what i mean. i wasnt pointing anyone out directly. its time to move on with the ragging is was what i trying to say. we cant get anyone unless they were off the street anyway.

tw.....couldnt have said it better myself......the "O" needs to stay on the field a good 10 minutes more a game if possible. and how do you do that you ask?(i know that you know, lol) RUN THE DAMN BALL.....man it seems like its pulling teeth to get the vikes to run the ball. i see no reason to panic even two td's down in 3rd qtr. run it, run it, dink passes(runs). control the ball....control the game

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

I'll stop bashing the vikings defense when they make me stop bashing my sofa.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Can someone get the time of possesion and total yardage in the second half, i'm sure that will clearly show the defense stepped up in the 2nd half and gave us a hell of a chance to win. The D was on the field alot and made stops and critical situations and got us the ball back.

PurpleReign is offline Rookie

I'd be more happy with the defense playing better in the second half, if they would stop putting us in that fucking hole to begin with in the FIRST HALF.

Color it any way you want to, put all the posative spins on it you can.....our defense still sucks.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleReign" wrote:
    I'd be more happy with the defense playing better in the second half, if they would stop putting us in that fucking hole to begin with in the FIRST HALF.

Color it any way you want to, put all the posative spins on it you can.....our defense still sucks.

Gotta agree with ya PurpleReign!

the D has to stop letting people walk on them in the 1st half, and they have to stop letting teams drive on them for TD's right after we tie the game or take the lead.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

parsongeorge is offline Starter

yeah, it's not enough to have 1 three and out per game if we are lucky. Remember people....Defense wins championships....and I dont know who it was that said our defense in 98 sucked just as bad.....but they are way wrong. That D was way better. We actually had some drive stoppers on that D...Jerry Ball, Robert Griffith..etc If I was the coach, i would piss them off and get them as mad as possible for the upcoming detroit game. I havent seen much passion from the viking defense this year...need to light a fire under their asses!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast