Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Everson Griffen moving to LB

The Minnesota Vikings have two of the top linebackers in the National Football League. In fact, Chad Greenway and E.J. Henderson set the bar so high that finding a third player to complement their talents has proven difficult for head coach Leslie Frazier and the defensive coaching staff.

Last season, Greenway and Henderson notched 144 tackles and 105 tackles, respectively. The third member of that trio, Ben Leber, registered 46. This year, however, Leber has moved on to St. Louis and the Vikings still find themselves looking for an adequate replacement.
    Sifting Through The Vikings Linebackers

The more I read on this the more convinced I am that our good friend bleed hit the nail on the head with his 3-4 comment.

Think about it.

We are short handed at DT. We have a but load of DE's. Our best DT is gonna be out for a few games and even when he comes back he will be limited. We don't have any money to go out and sign a top notch DT even if one did come free.

Solution......

3-4. Lessons the rotations on your DT's, gets more of your athletic DE's on the field and would bring a new twist that most teams haven't seen coming.

Well atleast the reporters and most fans.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106774
    The Minnesota Vikings have two of the top linebackers in the National Football League. In fact, Chad Greenway and E.J. Henderson set the bar so high that finding a third player to complement their talents has proven difficult for head coach Leslie Frazier and the defensive coaching staff.

Last season, Greenway and Henderson notched 144 tackles and 105 tackles, respectively. The third member of that trio, Ben Leber, registered 46. This year, however, Leber has moved on to St. Louis and the Vikings still find themselves looking for an adequate replacement.

The more I read on this the more convinced I am that our good friend bleed hit the nail on the head with his 3-4 comment.

Think about it.

We are short handed at DT. We have a but load of DE's. Our best DT is gonna be out for a few games and even when he comes back he will be limited. We don't have any money to go out and sign a top notch DT even if one did come free.

Solution......

3-4. Lessons the rotations on your DT's, gets more of your athletic DE's on the field and would bring a new twist that most teams haven't seen coming.

I'm definitely a fan of the 3-4 defense. However, the transition time to implement it would worry me. We don't have any more time to rebuild this team. It's win now, or else be forced to completely rebuild. Not to mention that Leslie Frazier is, and always will be a Cover 2 guy.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1106775
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106774

Think about it.

Solution......

I'm definitely a fan of the 3-4 defense. However, the transition time to implement it would worry me. We don't have any more time to rebuild this team. It's win now, or else be forced to completely rebuild. Not to mention that Leslie Frazier is, and always will be a Cover 2 guy.
    I hear ya but lets not forget, we have seen this team run a 3-4 out there several times last year as well as the year before so it isn't like it isn't in the scheme.

I'm not saying we would do it as our base, I'm thinking that we would see it along the lines of 5 - 10 times a game and then only in situations were it would work the best, 2nd long/3rd long.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123