Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Everson Griffen

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, well played my friend. Well played indeed.
    Didn't Bruce smith play the LDE too?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Didn't Bruce smith play the LDE too?
    Another great player from the 757.....He could play both sides, played inside, even played LB some.

Absolute freak.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Lets forget all talk about moving Jared Allen, Brian Robison, we need them all around.. Those who wins the Superbowl are the teams with great depth..

With Everson Griffen as a non-starter it gives us an excellent oppotunity to replace him with Jared Allen in a few years, create mismatches on passing downs when we put him in at linebacker or defensive tackle and on top of that he is a beast special teamer..

We need all our key players around and we need to get rid of the players who are not good enough to play.. Surely Allen is.. he had 22 sacks a season ago..

Everson Griffen has 3 sacks
    Everson Griffen, DE for the Minnesota Vikings at NFL.com

Jared Allen has 2 sacks
    Jared Allen, DE for the Minnesota Vikings at NFL.com

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Lets forget all talk about moving Jared Allen, Brian Robison, we need them all around.. Those who wins the Superbowl are the teams with great depth..

With Everson Griffen as a non-starter it gives us an excellent oppotunity to replace him with Jared Allen in a few years, create mismatches on passing downs when we put him in at linebacker or defensive tackle and on top of that he is a beast special teamer..

We need all our key players around and we need to get rid of the players who are not good enough to play.. Surely Allen is.. he had 22 sacks a season ago..

Everson Griffen has 3 sacks
    Everson Griffen, DE for the Minnesota Vikings at NFL.com

Jared Allen has 2 sacks
    Jared Allen, DE for the Minnesota Vikings at NFL.com
    Couple of thoughts...

a. There is alot more to the game than just sacks. In short, JA's sack total is not what I'm harping on.

b. 22 sacks from last year don't get you squat. Its all about this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Couple of thoughts...

a. There is alot more to the game than just sacks. In short, JA's sack total is not what I'm harping on.

b. 22 sacks from last year don't get you squat. Its all about this year.
    My point is just that Jared Allen is a pretty good football player and we need good football players on our team in order to compete, i know we are in rebuilding mode, but trading Jared Allen would in my mind be a big mistake..

Sacks are not everything i agree, but a sack for a defensive end is like a touchdown for an offensive player.. its what the players in his position are judged on and the fact that he had the 2nd most in a season a year ago is a pretty good reason to why we need him on our team..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234