Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Everson Griffen

  1. #21
    Jarlvik is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    76
    I just don't see Robison making the transition if Griffen couldn't. Marrdo is right- we need a true NT to make this thing work, IMHO.
    None

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlvik View Post
    I just don't see Robison making the transition if Griffen couldn't. Marrdo is right- we need a true NT to make this thing work, IMHO.
    Another new poster moving up the spreadsheets.....

    I think the real reason its over is that they have alot of talent at LB (see the article below) they didn't think they had. Mix that in with Jasper actually being healthy there is no real need to have him work the transition.

    Marvin Mitchell Giving Erin Henderson a Run for His Money? - The Viking Age - A Minnesota Vikings Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Another new poster moving up the spreadsheets.....

    I think the real reason its over is that they have alot of talent at LB (see the article below) they didn't think they had. Mix that in with Jasper actually being healthy there is no real need to have him work the transition.

    Marvin Mitchell Giving Erin Henderson a Run for His Money? - The Viking Age - A Minnesota Vikings Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.
    Are you serious?
    Truth is the linebackers suck. Greenway is ok but Henderson and Brinkley look terrible. Mitchell looks as good as Henderson and better than Brinkley. It doesn't mean they have a lot of talent at linebacker. They have dearth of talent at linebacker. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they bring back EJ by the third pre-season game.
    Griffen was moved back to end because it is almost a purely physical position. That is the kindest way to state it. He will do well there.

  4. #24
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlvik View Post
    I just don't see Robison making the transition if Griffen couldn't. Marrdo is right- we need a true NT to make this thing work, IMHO.
    Another new poster moving up the spreadsheets.....

    I think the real reason its over is that they have alot of talent at LB (see the article below) they didn't think they had. Mix that in with Jasper actually being healthy there is no real need to have him work the transition.

    Marvin Mitchell Giving Erin Henderson a Run for His Money? - The Viking Age - A Minnesota Vikings Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.
    He moves up the spreadsheet for that? Saying because Griffen can't cut it, Robison won't?

    That logic is incredibly myopic and flat-out wrong. We should AT LEAST TRY him out at LB, his build is much more suited for that position anyways.

    But to say, "Griffen couldn't do it, so Robison can't either" is not smart logic.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    He moves up the spreadsheet for that? Saying because Griffen can't cut it, Robison won't?

    That logic is incredibly myopic and flat-out wrong. We should AT LEAST TRY him out at LB, his build is much more suited for that position anyways.

    But to say, "Griffen couldn't do it, so Robison can't either" is not smart logic.
    The move up the spreadsheet was for the NT comment.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Are you serious?
    Truth is the linebackers suck. Greenway is ok but Henderson and Brinkley look terrible. Mitchell looks as good as Henderson and better than Brinkley. It doesn't mean they have a lot of talent at linebacker. They have dearth of talent at linebacker. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they bring back EJ by the third pre-season game.
    Griffen was moved back to end because it is almost a purely physical position. That is the kindest way to state it. He will do well there.
    Give Brink some time.

    Not sure I disagree with you on Hendirson, but it isn't he that I'm talking about. Did you check out the link on Mitchell?

    Again, I still haven't seen the game but from all accounts the backup LB's looked OK.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    846
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Give Brink some time.

    Not sure I disagree with you on Hendirson, but it isn't he that I'm talking about. Did you check out the link on Mitchell?

    Again, I still haven't seen the game but from all accounts the backup LB's looked OK.
    Our linebackers looked pretty bad. This is a concern because Jasper is still very inexperienced for a guy that has been in the league as long as he has.

    Erin Henderson, who I am not a fan of, was responsible for the first big run by the 49ers. He bit and went inside when the play was a outside run. The left tackle did a very good job at sealing the edge (D'Andre Reed was at RDE), Sanford came up and laid out the lead blocker, but with Erin taking himself out of the play it lead to a big gain.

    Mitchell wasn't bad but arguing over which is better between him and Erin is like two drunks fighting over the fat chick at the bar. You are losing either way.

    I didn't see anything good about Tyrone McKenzie. He whiffed on a couple of tackles and looked stiff in coverage.

    I honestly thought Cole and Eliminian looked better than the supposed backups.

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    Our linebackers looked pretty bad. This is a concern because Jasper is still very inexperienced for a guy that has been in the league as long as he has.

    Erin Henderson, who I am not a fan of, was responsible for the first big run by the 49ers. He bit and went inside when the play was a outside run. The left tackle did a very good job at sealing the edge (D'Andre Reed was at RDE), Sanford came up and laid out the lead blocker, but with Erin taking himself out of the play it lead to a big gain.

    Mitchell wasn't bad but arguing over which is better between him and Erin is like two drunks fighting over the fat chick at the bar. You are losing either way.

    I didn't see anything good about Tyrone McKenzie. He whiffed on a couple of tackles and looked stiff in coverage.

    I honestly thought Cole and Eliminian looked better than the supposed backups.
    Thanks for the run down. Quick question, when you say that the LB bit on the first run play, what the heck did the DT/DE's do?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    846
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Thanks for the run down. Quick question, when you say that the LB bit on the first run play, what the heck did the DT/DE's do?
    That was actually the play Guion got injured on. He ran the running back down from behind and made the tackle. Just by then it was a easy 15 yard gain.

  10. #30
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is online now Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728
    Yeah Griffen is playing lights out this year. He already has 5 sacks to Allens 1.5.. I think its time to start Griffen over allen, and trade allen for a 2nd rounder and a decent S/WR/OG. Griffen has shown that he is ready to start, if he played for any other team he'd be starting right now. I think he is even more dangerous in a 3-4 defense as a DeMarcus Ware type player.. That one 4-10 when the vikes went 3-4 and Griffen came screaming pass the LT who couldn't even blink at him. I say Allen is gone next year..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •