Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everson Griffen

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Everson Griffen

I went back on my DVR today and watched 10 vikings games. I was sick and had nothing else better to do. I was really impressed by Everson Griffen. Remember we got him in the 4th round, when he was projected to be a 1st round pick. I think Everson Griffen is rotting away on the bench behind JA. JA is turning 30, and is at his prime for trade bait. Griffen is extremely fast and strong, he reminds me of a young Dwight Freeney. Every play he was in the game, he was hitting someone, or sacking the QB. On KRs he is running stride for stride with percy harvin. If i was the vikings, I'd definitely consider pairing him with Robison and let them destroy O-Lines. We made the right choice n picking Robison over Edwards, I think the next right choice is to let Everson Griffen start.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    What about griffin replacing Robison so we have him opposite Allen. It seems Robison disappeared too often in games last year.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    YES!!... Big fan of Griffen, the kid will be starting at LDE soon imho.

Speed, Power and Talent.. and he seems to have got his act together off the field too (you could learn a lot Chris Cook) and played his heart out last year.

Not sold on B-Rob one bit, thought people were too quick to swing off his nuts last year for the slightest thing.

Robison did ok last year and I would like to see an open competition between the two for starting LDE. Robison reached his potential in my opinion and I think Griffen has a much higher threshold than Robison. If they don't try and give him an opportunity to compete and start they are just fricken morons.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    I went back on my DVR today and watched 10 vikings games. I was sick and had nothing else better to do. I was really impressed by Everson Griffen. Remember we got him in the 4th round, when he was projected to be a 1st round pick. I think Everson Griffen is rotting away on the bench behind JA. JA is turning 30, and is at his prime for trade bait. Griffen is extremely fast and strong, he reminds me of a young Dwight Freeney. Every play he was in the game, he was hitting someone, or sacking the QB. On KRs he is running stride for stride with percy harvin. If i was the vikings, I'd definitely consider pairing him with Robison and let them destroy O-Lines. We made the right choice n picking Robison over Edwards, I think the next right choice is to let Everson Griffen start.
    Lets not get crazy thinking that griffen can equal what JA has done. I like Griffens production don't get me wrong, nut do you think he would be able to do it without the likes of JA taking up the attention? There are very few people I'd be willing to take for JA and a first rounder is definitely not one of them.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Man Iono about him moving to LOLB I'd prefer Griffen as a MLB. I think he could take Jaspers Job.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    I dunno... to me, it seems logical to move Brian Robison to LB and make Everson Griffin a starter at DE.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Lets not get crazy thinking that griffen can equal what JA has done. I like Griffens production don't get me wrong, nut do you think he would be able to do it without the likes of JA taking up the attention? There are very few people I'd be willing to take for JA and a first rounder is definitely not one of them.
    Only a yutz would believe that a LDE would have the same production that a RDE would. Especially considering that the only stat anyone really tracks for a RDE is sacks.

I would, however, love to have JA get the pressures and tackles that a good LDE does. Anyone remember when we had one called Ray Edwards that led the league one year and was in the top 5 the rest in those categories?

Been saying it for years......Get me a true NT/UT that can play the 1 tech and a LDE who can stop the run first and then pressure (not sack) the QB second and the scheme we are trying to run will look like it supposed to.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Only a yutz would believe that a LDE would have the same production that a RDE would. Especially considering that the only stat anyone really tracks for a RDE is sacks.

I would, however, love to have JA get the pressures and tackles that a good LDE does. Anyone remember when we had one called Ray Edwards that led the league one year and was in the top 5 the rest in those categories?

Been saying it for years......Get me a true NT/UT that can play the 1 tech and a LDE who can stop the run first and then pressure (not sack) the QB second and the scheme we are trying to run will look like it supposed to.

Would Reggie White agree with that statement?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Would Reggie White agree with that statement?
    LOL, well played my friend. Well played indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast