Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikesfan is offline Starter

Even if the Vikes beat the Packers, do you think... ???

I'm really trying to be optimistic and not lose any hope that we still have a shot at the division this season. But my main concern with this team is not how they've played as much as where they'll be mentally in the upcoming weeks when the loveboat becomes more public with charges potentially being filed, players potentially getting suspended, public embarrassment among the team, and probably some families that might have some very serious issues to work through in regards to any married or committed players that may have acted out on the boat.

I'm asking everybody that even if we win against Green Bay, do you think the Vikes can get in it mentally enough through out the entire season, with everything they're potentially facing, to play good, consistent football. I am not worried at all about the talent. CPep will come around, as will our defense, but I just don't know if they're over their head mentally, concerning non-football related issues.

natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Even if the Vikes beat the Packers, do you think... ???

were definantly going to have some problems if some of our players were are found guilty because all the players named so far were mainly starters so that would hurt some on the mental side, but i say if they are all found innocent then that could end up helping us because it would give them something to prove

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"vikesfan" wrote:
    I'm really trying to be optimistic and not lose any hope that we still have a shot at the division this season. But my main concern with this team is not how they've played as much as where they'll be mentally in the upcoming weeks when the loveboat becomes more public with charges potentially being filed, players potentially getting suspended, public embarrassment among the team, and probably some families that might have some very serious issues to work through in regards to any married or committed players that may have acted out on the boat.

I'm asking everybody that even if we win against Green Bay, do you think the Vikes can get in it mentally enough through out the entire season, with everything they're potentially facing, to play good, consistent football. I am not worried at all about the talent. CPep will come around, as will our defense, but I just don't know if they're over their head mentally, concerning non-football related issues.
    Yeah, they're all gonna be mentally unstable....gimme a break....Brett Favre's dad dies, he has a great game.....I know Peppa is a little unstable, but teams tend to respond well to adversity because its their only chance to get away from it all and relieve some tension....maybe it will be good for em to play with a chip on his shoulders

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Deronn is offline Starter

While in my heart I'd like to believe that all will be well for the rest of the season with a win tomorrow, the odds are probably against it. There is too much going on with the team for me to think that just one thing will solve all the problems. I think a win now would sure help take a lot of pressure off of everybody and build some much needed confidence for the team. That could help heal some of the internal squabbles (Culpepper/Birk, etc) that have been happening.

If the entire team can get on the same page and gel together, play on the field should become more consistent and if that happens anything is possible.

Even when/if we get the division title, I don't think we would be able to take it anywhere.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=102 252940

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

if the vikes beat the pack..... we gotta Win!

Go vikes!!

CynicalVike is offline Starter

Well, one thing is for sure, winning isn't going to hurt them any. When all the dust settles, we will probably see 3-4 players actually fined, or maybe suspended. The best way for us to over come that is to get on a winning streak before that happens. It will do alot to get the general public's support back, which is needed. Then if we do loose a game or two after the penalties are levied, the public will be more supportive of the franchise since they took disciplinary actions against those players.

As for the players, stepping between those white stripes is all the escape they need. Once there, the rest of the world and whats happening there doesn't matter. Winning just makes it a lot funner to be there.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

zimtwister is offline Coach

as i predidcted- we will win today and 1 more game......sorry. i feel football players in the nfl are all very much equal physically. the great players are emotionally and mentally a notch above.. for example, say you are about to fight a guy and deep down you feel guilty or just wrong for fighting him, you will often lose. the sub conscience mind is tough to over come- if you feel guilty about things you have done it will lead to self defeat-your sub con. mind thinks you deserve to lose. i think there is a lot of guilt being felt by these players.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

GBFan is offline Starter

every team in our division sucks. What will suck the most is that the team that wins the division won't get a good draft pick, because they will had made the playoffs

Packers aren't very good, but neither are the Lions, Bears, or Vikes

there is a part of me hoping the Packers lose today, just so they can continue to be on track for a top 5 draft pick, or top 10 pick, if they start winning a few games they might actually be in first place with how bad this division is

6-10 division winner isn't so farfetched

....what an embarrassing division we are in this year

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"GBFan" wrote:
    every team in our division sucks. What will suck the most is that the team that wins the division won't get a good draft pick, because they will had made the playoffs

Packers aren't very good, but neither are the Lions, Bears, or Vikes

there is a part of me hoping the Packers lose today, just so they can continue to be on track for a top 5 draft pick, or top 10 pick, if they start winning a few games they might actually be in first place with how bad this division is

6-10 division winner isn't so farfetched

....what an embarrassing division we are in this year
    Oh don't worry GBfan given that your team has to play the Bengals, Falcons, Steelers, and Eagles in the next few weeks your team won't finish better then 8-8.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast