Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: even after all the offseason work.....were 18th

also notice in the article...they dont say anything worrying about culpeppers knee for the phins....but they are worried about brees' shoulder...what are the cracked!?!

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    With the addition of Steve Hutchinson, Birk coming back at 100%, and Chester Taylor, and Tony Richardson leading the backfield, I don't understand why we are 18th. That is fine though, it will make it that much sweeter proving everyone wrong..
    We don't know what birk's 100% is anymore, so we cannot assume he will be great like he was in the past. He had a serious injury.

Chestor Taylor hasn't proven he can carry the load as a full time back

Tony Richardson's strength at this point of his career is probably his presence in the huddle/lockerroom

Birk has done many drills and said that if the season started tomorrow, he would be ready to go. Birk knows his body better than anyone, so we have to assume he is 100%. Chester Taylor may not have proven himself, but I see that alot of Raven fans are pissed that he is gone, and Lewis is still there. Tony Richardson is still a force as a blocker, and he still has great hands for catches. As far as our offense is concerned, we are much improved from last season.
    Birk may be healthy, but he could have lost some skill or strength with the time out. he could be feeling find, and still be weaker at the same time. Our offense wasnt that good last year. Even with brad Johnson our defense set up the offense alot last year. One game that really jumps out was the lions game, where they gave the offense like 2 drives within the redzone. We still don't know who our right tackle and gaurd are going to be. I also think it will be hard for Johnson to play as well as he did last year. He struggled down teh stretch against the steelers and ravens. I think we saw the best Johnson can offer, so it is going to be hard for him to match it.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

norseforce is offline Rookie

we better pickup SCHUAB, every team knows old man johnson is a stiff, no mobility, one hit away. teams will key the running game to the left side, blitz johnson

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

psh.. best johnson can offer.. he's still got another good 5 seasons.. haha

he's good for another year. see, we know when its a qb's time <cough cough green bay> give him one more year.. johnson is still our guy.

and birk is our guy too!

but i will agree with cajun and darrinelsonguy, no minicamps, or the draft for that matter have been had.. so it's literally "too early to say"
    i m better than you, so just give up...

norseforce is offline Rookie

I'm not worried about BIRK,he's a warrior, the only thing I'm worried about is if rosenthal ends up starting at RT. (watch out brad!)

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"nextvikingsstar" wrote:
    i know its a power ranking thing that doesnt really mean anything but, how can you take ashot at a guy who went 7-2 last year, with and offensive line that well did we even have one, but still 18th overall, with the phins ahead of us, come on

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9357254
    Ughh, dude....He may have been under center, but 5 of those 7 we won were because of our defense. Our defense and our special teams that scored more than our offense.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"norseforce" wrote:
    we better pickup SCHUAB, every team knows old man johnson is a stiff, no mobility, one hit away. teams will key the running game to the left side, blitz johnson
    Picking up Schaub would be nice, but have some faith in our new coaches and their ability to prepare a game plan.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

norseforce..

you are dead on.. dead on aout rosenthal being dead wait..

he gets more false starts and HOLDING calls than blocks in a game..
    i m better than you, so just give up...

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

We're 18th because we DONT HAVE A QB!!! Plain and simple, we traded our All pro QB and having found a suitable replacement and we havent shown the neccessary defensive capabilities to sustained wins without us scoring a lot.
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    We're 18th because we DONT HAVE A QB!!! Plain and simple, we traded our All pro QB and having found a suitable replacement and we havent shown the neccessary defensive capabilities to sustained wins without us scoring a lot.
    If we had Pep, we would be 28th...ever think of that?

Have you not taken off the cloudy Pep glasses yet or what?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast