Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

even after all the offseason work.....were 18th

i know its a power ranking thing that doesnt really mean anything but, how can you take ashot at a guy who went 7-2 last year, with and offensive line that well did we even have one, but still 18th overall, with the phins ahead of us, come on

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9357254
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

mnwildfan79 is offline Rookie

Re: even after all the offseason work.....were 18th

The lower the expectations the better imo.

We added a ton of talent on paper, but these guys need to come together as a team. One proven way for guys to come together as a team is for them to be disrespected by the media/opposing teams/players. When they show up for training camp we have guys like Birk in there talking about how no one thinks we can do it, and how they think we aren't good enough. I know it sounds cliche and it is, but I really do think it works.

yeah i can agree with that,

but how and the heck do the phins get ranked 5th there are a lot better teams then the phins, on and off paper, idk that really tweaks me that cpep coming off a MVP caliaber year 2 years ago, and we dont get ranked taht high, but then now hes with the phins and he had a horrible year, blew his knee out, and THEY rank his team 5th
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

The only reason the phins are 5th is because of daunte, and what has he done??? nothing and he is coming off a serious injury

Thanks PurpleMafia

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

That guy's an a$$. I wouldn't say top ten to start the season, but close. Maybe 11 or 12, but 19th!! Seriously.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Even with Culpepper, this team needs to get better line play. If they do, watch out. Ronnie Brown could be ready for a 1,500-yard season.
    If they don't get better line play they will understand why Culpeper is not a WC quarter back. :lol:

I think these power rankings are pretty suspect. Its all based on paper not actual play and made before the draft has even happened. I think we will be in the top 10 come the season.

WWBGD

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

I don't have a problem with the ranking... face it we have a ton of question marks, making us about average...
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

[quote="nextvikingsstar"]i know its a power ranking thing that doesnt really mean anything but, how can you take ashot at a guy who went 7-2 last year, with and offensive line that well did we even have one, but still 18th overall, with the phins ahead of us, come on

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9357254[/quote

The fins SHOULD be ranked higher than us PRESEASON. The had a monster second half of the season and GOT better. We have too many question marks. All new coaches. New Rb, Qb. 18th is actually a good ranking.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

I personally like the fact we are rated low. Every time we are ranked to excel the team struggles, but when they are picked to not do so well is when the Vikes play their best.

Maybe it is because they want to prove how good they are. The team has made many changes and still has to prove they can take whats on paper and make it work on the field.

Besides its fun to see all of the experts say they won't do well and when the Vikes do then all of them are saying how they knew the Vikes could do it and that they had them down to do well.

Just sit back, wait, and enjoy. I think the season is going to be one of the most exciting to see in years. A new offense, a new defense, new players with potential on both sides of the ball. I can't wait.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

18th sounds logical... Very reasonable actaully..

We have all new coaches and a ton of new players.. Never know how it will turn out

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast