Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Even at 2-5 we still got a shot

Thats the nature of today's NFL - parity.

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

sure, the winner out of the north isn't going to be 13-3 or 12-4. hell we were 8-8 last year and went to playoffs. but if there is no fire lit under everyones asses for the rest of the way out, we are doomed. we cannot hope on chicago and detroit losses. I want to see excitement on the sidelines, no bone-head, momentum killing penalties. And we must WIN ON THE ROAD. Sure the NFC is up for grabs, but we've played Atlanta and carolina already (not pretty). We didn't even show up against these teams on the road. How he hell can we beat philly, atlanta, or even the giants on the road if we even make the playoffs? I know i sound negative, but that is my biggest pet peeve, our horrendous road record!!!!!!

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

You are right - but any given Sunday.

spdolphs is offline Training Camp

Sure, the NFC might be wide open.....but on the outside chance that the Vikings can struggle through the division and the playoffs, looking at the AFC teams, it would be loss number 5 in the SuperBowl for the Vikings. I would rather see the Vikes go all the way with a strong team that has their act together. Getting blown out by Indy or the Pats, or even the Steelers in the big game would just as bad as not making it at all.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong..... ccasion5:

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I hope the Vikings make the playoffs, but I now think that Tice and Co. should be fired after the season regardless of what happens. If the Vikings somehow manage to get to the Super Bowl and win, it will be in spite of these coaches rather than because of them. They aren't good at coaching discipline OR X's and O's.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

mnvikesfan11 is offline Waterboy

o ya if the vikes beat detroit which i believe we have a very good shot at and chicago loses we are only a game out and then you never no what might happed after that, bottom line vikes are definately not out of NFC NORTH!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Hey if our coaches come up with some new stuff and we can win a few games im all for it.. But I don't want to win the division all by luck.. I want us to win out most of our games.. With a lil help of course.. We need some confidence!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    I am not trying to be optimistic, but rather realistic. A win over Detroit and a Chicago loss and we are still one game out. I know Culpepper is out and watching the game wouldn't be same without him, but its time some of our other players step up. Moore is having a nice season when he has had a chance and Vikes will give him more carries with Pep not in the line-up. BJ will be efficient, probably a lot of quick slants, screens, curls, and outs. I have a feeling Fason will be part of the game plan more than Tice is leeting on at this point - but he is a rookie and Tice has done a nice job of bringing him on slowly.

Bottomline, The NFC is is wide open. Washington sure took a drumming last week and the Eagles are falling apart - is it possibly that whoever gets hot the last eight weeks has a chance. Tice & the Vikings ran off a nice string of wins early in the season the last couple years - maybe they will reverse that trend this year. This team will be much different with BJ in the lineup. Not to take anything away from Pep, but it will be interesting to see how the Vikings play with a different QB under center.

Thoughts?

In the NFL, it's all about momentum. If you don't have it going into the playoffs, you ain't going too far. Nothing wrong with being optimistic. I just wonder if we can keep the ball rolling...we've had a difficult time winning on the road. And if you can't win on the road, you are not going to be a successful team. If we win against the Giants this week, I will feel much better. Just one game at a time.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Well the freakin Bears won today, they need to start losing some more games, why arent the bears dependable like i want them to be?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

if we can somehow beat the giants next week, look out. thats all i have to say
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast