Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Even at 2-5 we still got a shot

I am not trying to be optimistic, but rather realistic. A win over Detroit and a Chicago loss and we are still one game out. I know Culpepper is out and watching the game wouldn't be same without him, but its time some of our other players step up. Moore is having a nice season when he has had a chance and Vikes will give him more carries with Pep not in the line-up. BJ will be efficient, probably a lot of quick slants, screens, curls, and outs. I have a feeling Fason will be part of the game plan more than Tice is leeting on at this point - but he is a rookie and Tice has done a nice job of bringing him on slowly.

Bottomline, The NFC is is wide open. Washington sure took a drumming last week and the Eagles are falling apart - is it possibly that whoever gets hot the last eight weeks has a chance. Tice & the Vikings ran off a nice string of wins early in the season the last couple years - maybe they will reverse that trend this year. This team will be much different with BJ in the lineup. Not to take anything away from Pep, but it will be interesting to see how the Vikings play with a different QB under center.

Thoughts?

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Even at 2-5 we still got a shot

yah the season isn't over but it will be if we don't show up against the Lions with any heart. we have to take EACH game as the superbowl and give all our effort and we might be able to get back into the thick of things. if we lose another one it'd be hard to see us making any impact in how the NFC goes. the NFC north is still up for grabs but the only way i see any team making any noise in the playoffs from our division is if that team is going on a huge tear and has all the momentum going in.

Thanks Josdin

donjen95 is offline Rookie

yankees were 11-19 athend of april. astros were 15-30 in may. still eleven games left. one at a time.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I certainly haven't given up on the season. We still haven't had a taste of what Brad can do.

As for the tough games on the schedule, I remember in 2003 when an 8-6 Vikings team (we lost 6 of the previous 8 games) took on a red hot 12-2 KC team & we owned their candy a$$es with a 45-20 win! :grin:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Remember in 2001 when Jeff George replaced Randall Cunningham......he often referred to being just "one of the guys".....and we went from 2-4 to 11-5. I beleive it was in the Detroit game where we were losing and he made a couple of big plays to Moss. Granted the 2001 team had a better line and more weapons; Smith, Moss, & Carter......we have more talent on defense this year. BJ seems to be handling the situation similar to JG.....so lets se what happens.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I've never lost hope, period, and i won't till mathmaticaly were are out of it..

I've seen many miricals in my days, and I figure, what not one for us this year..

I still think the core or our problems lay with the coaching, more than the players itself..

For some reason, I think Wilf see's this also....

But yes, our division is a sad one, and I truly believe, we can climb to the top..

Espeicaly with our next two game, a win over the Lions, then the Giants... Things would be looking up..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

UkViking is offline Rookie

Always keep the faith,but i would be lying if i said the coaches fill me with lots of optimism.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

vikesfan is offline Starter

I'm with VikingNed on the fact that until we're mathamatically eliminated, I'm not losing hope. However, realistically I do think the season's done. I had a slight hope knowing that CPep was still leading this team, and knowing that his play would continue to improve as the year went on. But with BJ in there, I just don't see it happening. I will continue to watch every play of every game for the rest of the season, but in my opinion, losing Pep was the last blow for this team. Also, the way the Bears are playing, I think it would take at least nine games to win this decision. Don't think we can get close to that number.

Valid point......i was sick to my stomach watching the game at friends house last weekend.....it was almost like the last blow knocking out a heavyweight fighter.......but lets see what Brad can do. The coaching staff has been very slow to modify the offense scheme this yeh brad in the game and with brad in the game they are forced to. IOM - the should have moved to the short passing game long ago - but I think they were reluctant because of Pep's physical ability to make plays.

Brad has always played within himself especially within the last 2 minutes....in fact I'll go as far to say he was the last great two minute quartback we had since Kramer/Wilson. Brad is a battler and sometimes when a team knows its competitive advantage is gone (pep's big play ability) is the sobering up slap in the face it needs.

Go brad!!!!

SamDawg84 Guest

our divsion is amazing lol... we can be .500 and still win it lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast