Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Evaluating the Vikings roster of 2009

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    I voted "Other".

But I'm not going to tell you what it is.

Neener!
    Thanks for your input.
    Did Liverpool collect any hardware this past season?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

special teams
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Why didn't you (HEY) put Fullback in the poll?
    By your grading FB received the lowest marks.

I think FB is worse than a C with Tahi.
    A good FB would be good to have against a 3-4 D.

I hope against GB's 3-4 the Vikes put Kleiny in at FB, so he can get a little steam up and flatten some LB's.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"gagarr" wrote:

I hope against GB's 3-4 the Vikes put Kleiny in at FB, so he can get a little steam up and flatten some LB's.
    I'm not that impressed by Tahi either, but the fullback position is simply not that important. We don't use fullbacks that often and good blockers are pretty easy to find when comparing to other positions like cornerbacks and quarterbacks. Plus, Adrian Peterson prefers to run without a fullback.
    Some people would argue that the loss of pro bowler Tony Richardson was the reason to why AD's yards per carry average dropped, but fact is that the majority of his big runs came out of the singleback formation. The loss of Richardson did most likely hurt our run game, but not by much.
    At least that's my thoughts on the subject.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"HEY" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

I'm not that impressed by Tahi either, but the fullback position is simply not that important. We don't use fullbacks that often and good blockers are pretty easy to find when comparing to other positions like cornerbacks and quarterbacks. Plus, Adrian Peterson prefers to run without a fullback.
    Some people would argue that the loss of pro bowler Tony Richardson was the reason to why AD's yards per carry average dropped, but fact is that the majority of his big runs came out of the singleback formation. The loss of Richardson did most likely hurt our run game, but not by much.
    Personally, I think the quality of the player at a position has a lot to do with your choice of formation.
    A FB that can run block, pass block, run, and receive at a high level would make Chilly add many more FB formations.
    But since Tahi doesn't really do any of those things very well, I think AD alone is a much better option.

Plus, what use to be FB's are now the big brusing RB's, designed for punishing the D's and getting the tough yards.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"gagarr" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

Personally, I think the quality of the player at a position has a lot to do with your choice of formation.
    A FB that can run block, pass block, run, and receive at a high level would make Chilly add many more FB formations.
    But since Tahi doesn't really do any of those things very well, I think AD alone is a much better option.

Plus, what use to be FB's are now the big brusing RB's, designed for punishing the D's and getting the tough yards.
    The thing is, like you said, Tahi is not dangerous when he has the ball in his hands, but I saw Brad Childress call a considerable number of plays where Tahi ran out in the flat and they were never successful.
    According to NFL.com, this is Tahi's stats for the 2008 season:

Rec
    Yds
    Avg
    Lng
    TD
    FUM
    Lost

I'm just going to say this as straight forward as possible: [size=14pt]Only use Naufahu Tahi to block![/size]

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I'm the only person that voted SS?

I'm not really worried about any other position, except maybe C a little bit.

I'm just not sold on Tyrell Johnson yet. He didn't impress me at all last year, albeit was his rookie season.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I am with you on that one C MAc

skol_vikes! is offline Rookie

"C" wrote:
    I'm the only person that voted SS?

I'm not really worried about any other position, except maybe C a little bit.

I'm just not sold on Tyrell Johnson yet. He didn't impress me at all last year, albeit was his rookie season.
    I voted for center.
    Seems to me that the last few seasons, our QB's have been pressure way too fast on each play, and Birk being gone will NOT help that.
    The #1 vote was for QB. Well, you have to be able to protect one before it even matters.
    "If it's not fun, you're not doing it right. "
    ~ Fran Tarkenton

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

definatly don't see Sage starting over TJ, I also have a feeling we will see Harvin returning both kicks and punts next year. BWade and Harvin should be, and will be mixed in the #3 spot at reciever. BWade has been very good out of the slot. He may not have a great top speed, but he runs decent routes, has pretty reliable hands, and is pretty quick on those crossing routes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast