Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54
  1. #41
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Fuck it here is mine....
    You must love the taste of foot... you keep putting it in your mouth.

    'He played 60.1 percent of their defensive snaps without starting a game last season, according to Pro Football Focus, "

    What's next for Vikings' D after Griffen deal? - Minnesota Vikings Blog - ESPN
    Nice ESPN link... might as well use The Disney Channel for your stats.

    Can you tell me how many of those snaps were at the DT position?

    Also, where did I eat crow previously? Because I think this was a good signing? I guess I should apologize for being able to recognize a good football player before most. Stay tuned, think you'll like the Griffen signing in the end.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #42
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Fuck it here is mine....
    You must love the taste of foot... you keep putting it in your mouth.

    'He played 60.1 percent of their defensive snaps without starting a game last season, according to Pro Football Focus, "

    What's next for Vikings' D after Griffen deal? - Minnesota Vikings Blog - ESPN
    Don't take this as a reflection on you, I enjoy your thoughts, perspectives, and theories. But that is a dumb article. Spielman explores 3 or 4 options for spending big money in free agency every year. But he only signs one or two big money free agents a year.
    He signed Griffen, so he may sign one more free agent to a big contract. But the rest will be value signings. I will be surprised if there will be a whole lot of free agency excitement in Vikings camp, beyond the signing of Joseph.

  3. #43
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,447
    Even if Griffen lives up to the contract I just have a hard time believing there was some other team offering even 75% of this deal to him.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  4. #44
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,415
    If Griffen can protect the edge against the run, he should be fine. With L.J. in the middle, Griffen should get his chances to get double digit sacks.

    Did the Vikings overpay? Maybe, but Hardy was tagged, Johnson was going south, and Bennett wanted to re-sign with Seattle. Was there another player with Griffen's disruptive capability and youth available?

  5. #45
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I think for Griffen to be paid like one of the top pass rushing guys in the league for just starting 1 game... I think is a bit much... Glad we kept him as he was the one guy we needed to keep... I do think we overpaid him... Michael Johnson, and Michael Bennet got the same amount and they were way more productive... Given i think Griffen is more versitile.
    Agreed, I liked the signing when I first heard about it until I heard how much he got paid. You knew Dallas and Ware were at odds and chances were he was going to go, why not sign him for a few million more. I am sure Ware will sign a long term contract for around 5yr/fifty five million, that seems to be a good deal.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  6. #46
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I think for Griffen to be paid like one of the top pass rushing guys in the league for just starting 1 game... I think is a bit much... Glad we kept him as he was the one guy we needed to keep... I do think we overpaid him... Michael Johnson, and Michael Bennet got the same amount and they were way more productive... Given i think Griffen is more versitile.
    Agreed, I liked the signing when I first heard about it until I heard how much he got paid. You knew Dallas and Ware were at odds and chances were he was going to go, why not sign him for a few million more. I am sure Ware will sign a long term contract for around 5yr/fifty five million, that seems to be a good deal.
    Ware is a bit long in the tooth for a 5 yr deal.

  7. #47
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Ware is a bit long in the tooth for a 5 yr deal.
    That's why you guarantee a small amount and cut him after a few seasons if he is not playing up to his ability.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  8. #48
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Nice ESPN link... might as well use The Disney Channel for your stats.

    Can you tell me how many of those snaps were at the DT position?

    Also, where did I eat crow previously? Because I think this was a good signing? I guess I should apologize for being able to recognize a good football player before most. Stay tuned, think you'll like the Griffen signing in the end.
    I don't think anyone is questioning the signing... We are questioning the amount of money he got!!.. I was all for him staying... but at 8mil a year.. that's a bit much for a guy who only started 1 game and played 60% of the snaps.. he's a beast don't get me wrong.. I just think we overpaid.. like we always do with Spielman

  9. #49
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I don't think anyone is questioning the signing... We are questioning the amount of money he got!!.. I was all for him staying... but at 8mil a year.. that's a bit much for a guy who only started 1 game and played 60% of the snaps.. he's a beast don't get me wrong.. I just think we overpaid.. like we always do with Spielman
    ^^^
    This

    Looks like we are looking at Melton too. Spielman is ruining this team.

  10. #50
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    ^^^
    This

    Looks like we are looking at Melton too. Spielman is ruining this team.
    nothing wrong with Melton.. let's just not break the bank for him... he's coming off an injury...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •