Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Can't help but laugh at people that think we overpaid. Sit back an enjoy the show...
    Is it hard to believe... I mean we gave Carlson 5 million a year for 5 years.
    Who was it at the time saying we overpaid while everyone was calling us the Mid-West Patriots....oh that's right it was me. The majority of media guys are saying we overpaid....in fact everyone except people on this board seems to think we paid too much. I'm glad everyone is so wrong and you guys are so right. That kind of money should be given out for production AND potential.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Who was it at the time saying we overpaid while everyone was calling us the Mid-West Patriots....oh that's right it was me. The majority of media guys are saying we overpaid....in fact everyone except people on this board seems to think we paid too much. I'm glad everyone is so wrong and you guys are so right. That kind of money should be given out for production AND potential.
    I agree with you here. We way overpaid for Carlson and I hated that move from day one. Johnson and Griffen are two different players. Johnson even though he had 11.5 sacks in 2012 is more of a run stopping DE. Griffen is a very good pass rusher and can play several positions. I knew with the increase in cap space that teams would have to overpay for players, and it will happen again in the next several years as the cap is going to continue going up.

With 20 million guaranteed to Griffen, 13 million up front, and most of it in the first few years, we can either cut him in the next couple of years if he doesn't play up to par, or he is going to want a new deal. I don't mind this move at all, Griffen has a lot of talent and it will be interesting to see what he does being a full time player now.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    The only reason any free agent would want to come to the Vikings is $$$. There is little else attractive about the Vikings for players. Rarely championship contenders. Cold place to live. Cold place to play for the next two years. Average to below average facilities at Winter park. A front office and coaching staff without a track record of success. And a team without a franchise quarterback.
    Over pay in free agency ? What a huge surprise!

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    free agency ...players always get over paid .some production goes down way down ...some players dont play ex : injury.....some player dont earn a starting job... flynn comes to mind...some good winfield. allen, pat w....if a de has to log 10 sacks to be good well griffin can get that number ...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Everyone thought the Carlson signing was atrocious. At the time, it was even ranked by ESPN as the worst FA signing of that offseason. You didn't uncover anything revolutionary there.

About Griffen, however... you are wrong. You've had a somewhat sophomoric understanding of the game since joining a few years back, and I'm glad to see that continues. Usually good for a chuckle or two. Thanks!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Everyone thought the Carlson signing was atrocious. At the time, it was even ranked by ESPN as the worst FA signing of that offseason. You didn't uncover anything revolutionary there.

About Griffen, however... you are wrong. You've had a somewhat sophomoric understanding of the game since joining a few years back, and I'm glad to see that continues. Usually good for a chuckle or two. Thanks!
    I think for Griffen to be paid like one of the top pass rushing guys in the league for just starting 1 game... I think is a bit much... Glad we kept him as he was the one guy we needed to keep... I do think we overpaid him... Michael Johnson, and Michael Bennet got the same amount and they were way more productive... Given i think Griffen is more versitile.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I think for Griffen to be paid like one of the top pass rushing guys in the league for just starting 1 game... I think is a bit much... Glad we kept him as he was the one guy we needed to keep... I do think we overpaid him... Michael Johnson, and Michael Bennet got the same amount and they were way more productive... Given i think Griffen is more versitile.
    Well... it's tough to produce from the bench. Griffen only saw 661 snaps compaired to Robison's 924...

And to say Michael Johnson was more productive... well, he had 838 snaps.

Michael Bennett had 3 more sacks with about 100 less snaps, so that dude is good. No excuses there.

E.Griffen = 8, 4, 5.5
    M. Bennett = 4, 9, 8.5

As I said, we overpaid. You can drink the Koolaid if you want. The only real saving grace is his guaranteed money isn't that high. So he will surely be renegotiating this deal soon.
    Also defensive snaps is almost identical between them 58 - 60 %
    Griffen only saw 41% of the snaps... so, you're wrong... again...

Griffen only saw 41% of the snaps... so, you're wrong... again...
    Link?

Fuck it here is mine....
    You must love the taste of foot... you keep putting it in your mouth.

'He played 60.1 percent of their defensive snaps without starting a game last season, according to Pro Football Focus, "

What's next for Vikings' D after Griffen deal? - Minnesota Vikings Blog - ESPN

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast