Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: ESPN's top 64 Receivers

Rice and Berrian can move up that list.

I hope that this list makes Berrian want to work harder.
    I bet he can't believe that they place Roddy White one position above him on that list.
    That is going to piss him off and motivate him to work harder. LOL!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Mr" wrote:
    Oh yeah, we have two wide receivers in the top 50.

Going into last season, we didn't have one.
    Nice, I didn't even see Rice on first glance at the list. I'm actually
    fine with where he is on the list... he'll move up after teh '08 season.

But, in theory... shouldn't every team's #1 and #2 receivers be on this list? Hmmm...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:

I bet he can't believe that they place Roddy White one position above him on that list.
    Roddy White is a beast.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Roddy White is a beast.
    i would ten times rather have Berrian or Rice over White

davike is offline Team Alumni

The only real knock on Wayne is that he has always been 1B to Marvin Harrison, who was 1A. That's no longer the case as he is Peyton Manning's top option now.
    HA! The only reason he is Mannings top option is because Harrison was out last year
    :
    If Harrison returns to form like he was two seasons ago he will resume his spot as Mannings main target.

Some of the positions on this list are kinda wacko if you ask me. I really don't think Andre Johnson deserves to be #4 on this list yet. He hasn't put up big consistent numbers as some....say, Larry Fitzgerald or Chad Johnson or many others on that list.

Some of those rankings are some of the "experts" making a prediction...not current ranking based on past production.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

But, in theory... shouldn't every team's #1 and #2 receivers be on this list? Hmmm...
    In theory yes, but I was still happy just to see Rice on the list.
    Berrian is right about where I figured he'd be.
    Hell, this list almost makes our WR group look average...which is a huge upgrade from last year.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"davike" wrote:
    The only real knock on Wayne is that he has always been 1B to Marvin Harrison, who was 1A. That's no longer the case as he is Peyton Manning's top option now.
    HA! The only reason he is Mannings top option is because Harrison was out last year
    :
    If Harrison returns to form like he was two seasons ago he will resume his spot as Mannings main target.

Some of the positions on this list are kinda wacko if you ask me. I really don't think Andre Johnson deserves to be #4 on this list yet. He hasn't put up big consistent numbers as some....say, Larry Fitzgerald or Chad Johnson or many others on that list.

Some of those rankings are some of the "experts" making a prediction...not current ranking based on past production.
    Andre Johnson is a bonefide stud.
    Look at the shitbox offense he has played in, and he has dominated games. But I still don't know what the basis of these rankings are.
    The article lists a bunch of questions on how to rank em, doesn't answer them, then ranks the players.
    I don't get it.

Are these rankings based on yardage, catches, TD's for the upcoming season? Is it on pure talent? Are these based on some FF criteria?
    I can't take this seriously if you don't give me some basis of analysis.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    :

Look at the shitbox offense he has played in, and he has dominated games
    . But I still don't know what the basis of these rankings are.
    The article lists a bunch of questions on how to rank em, doesn't answer them, then ranks the players.
    I don't get it.

Are these rankings based on yardage, catches, TD's for the upcoming season? Is it on pure talent? Are these based on some FF criteria?

I agree that Johnson is a stud, but at this point I don't think he deserves the #4 spot. Top ten perhaps, but not #4.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    :

Look at the shitbox offense he has played in, and he has dominated games. But I still don't know what the basis of these rankings are.
    I don't get it.

The superfine print says it's based off of precise caluclations regarding which direction the writer's ass hairs blow when grabbing his ankles and facing the wind.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

In theory yes, but I was still happy just to see Rice on the list.
    Berrian is right about where I figured he'd be.
    Hell, this list almost makes our WR group look average...which is a huge upgrade from last year.
    In theory no, that would be impossible. Since there are 32 teams only 25 could possibly have 2, and if every team has atleast 1 then only 18 teams could have 2 on the list. So I think it is safe to say the vikings have an elite group of recievers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast