Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Big C is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    828

    From ESPN's "Take 2" article

    "Question: Which quarterback had the most important game (good or bad) in Week 10?

    Alan Grant: Daunte Culpepper, because he was up against a three-headed opponent: the Green Bay Packers, a receiving core without Randy Moss, and Vikings offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. If you recall last Monday's loss at Indy, Culpepper only threw the ball 18 times. Let me repeat that -- 18 times against one of the league's worst pass defenses. But this week, Linehan came to grips with the fact that even though Moss wasn't playing, it was OK for him to throw downfield. So on Sunday, Culpepper hoisted the rock 44 times. Though the Vikings still lost, methinks Culpepper (and more importantly Linehan) regained their confidence in the product they have without Moss. And when Moss returns, well, that product may be more complete than it ever was before".
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

  2. #2
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    From ESPN's "Take 2" article

    That's what I am talking about! We do have multiple weapons, Linehan just needs to unleash them and go...Pep needs to continue the trend set in this game as far as getting the ball to players like Nate, who want to produce. They also need to give Onterrio a steady diet of handoffs, as he is the only RB currently producing at a high level (once MM gets healthy, he can also chip in).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #3
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    From ESPN's "Take 2" article

    Good insight, hope it is turns out to be truthful.

  4. #4
    GreenBaySlackers's Avatar
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,249

    From ESPN's "Take 2" article

    I concur :thumbright:

  5. #5
    mvikes84 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    205

    From ESPN's "Take 2" article

    Hey cajunvike. O Smith had 5 carries for 21 yds in the Pack game. M Bennett had 5 carries for 21 yds in the same game! How can you say Smith is doing so much better than Bennett?

  6. #6
    LosAngelis's Avatar
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,735

    Re: From ESPN's "Take 2" article

    "Big C" wrote:

    Alan Grant: Daunte Culpepper, because he was up against a three-headed opponent: the Green Bay Packers, a receiving core without Randy Moss, and Vikings offensive coordinator Scott Linehan.
    Only three heads?

    Daunte was also up against:
    4) all the referees
    5) cheating Packer secondary holding everyone all the time
    6) his own head coach throwing red flags when he shouldn't
    7) his own head coach not throwing red flags when he should
    8 ) the entire media as a whole that never cuts him any slack
    9) the University of Wisconsin marching band
    10) Ooh! A receiving corps without Kleinsasser!
    11) ghosts of the Arizona game
    12) the remote control ball, which was programmed to disappear under piles and always end up in Packer hands
    13) Paul Tagliabue, who only wants Brett Favre in the playoffs. Not the Vikings.
    14) The television networks, which refuse to show camera angles that provide any evidence of calls that should go the Viking way. Because they love Brett Favre, too.
    15) Chris Collinsworth, because he's a moron. And he likes Brett Favre.
    16) the fact that the moon is at its closest apex to the earth in 70 years, thus creating a slightly stronger gravitational pull to the west, which just so happened to be in the direction of the Viking end zone in the fourth quarter
    17) Brett Favre, who unbeknownst to us all is actually a PhD. in astrophysics, and his ability to throw the ball easily against the gravitational pull into Tony Fisher's hands, despite Corey Chavous being in perfect position to at least tip it away.


    Cheese Louise! That's a SEVENTEEN HEADED MONSTER that Daunte had to face! We should just name him MVP now because of all the factors in the world working against him!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

    Welcome to the NFC North.

  7. #7
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    From ESPN's "Take 2" article

    "mvikes84" wrote:
    Hey cajunvike. O Smith had 5 carries for 21 yds in the Pack game. M Bennett had 5 carries for 21 yds in the same game! How can you say Smith is doing so much better than Bennett?
    I am not basing my assessment on that one game...O was running hard in the Indy game, breaking tackles and cutting back for additional yardage...I like Bennett and what he brings to the table, but O just looked so good that I think that he should be the starter.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #8
    enlvikeman's Avatar
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: From ESPN's "Take 2" article

    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    "Big C" wrote:

    Alan Grant: Daunte Culpepper, because he was up against a three-headed opponent: the Green Bay Packers, a receiving core without Randy Moss, and Vikings offensive coordinator Scott Linehan.
    Only three heads?

    Daunte was also up against:
    4) all the referees
    5) cheating Packer secondary holding everyone all the time
    6) his own head coach throwing red flags when he shouldn't
    7) his own head coach not throwing red flags when he should
    8 ) the entire media as a whole that never cuts him any slack
    9) the University of Wisconsin marching band
    10) Ooh! A receiving corps without Kleinsasser!
    11) ghosts of the Arizona game
    12) the remote control ball, which was programmed to disappear under piles and always end up in Packer hands
    13) Paul Tagliabue, who only wants Brett Favre in the playoffs. Not the Vikings.
    14) The television networks, which refuse to show camera angles that provide any evidence of calls that should go the Viking way. Because they love Brett Favre, too.
    15) Chris Collinsworth, because he's a moron. And he likes Brett Favre.
    16) the fact that the moon is at its closest apex to the earth in 70 years, thus creating a slightly stronger gravitational pull to the west, which just so happened to be in the direction of the Viking end zone in the fourth quarter
    17) Brett Favre, who unbeknownst to us all is actually a PhD. in astrophysics, and his ability to throw the ball easily against the gravitational pull into Tony Fisher's hands, despite Corey Chavous being in perfect position to at least tip it away.


    Cheese Louise! That's a SEVENTEEN HEADED MONSTER that Daunte had to face! We should just name him MVP now because of all the factors in the world working against him!

    yawn



    "24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

    CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

  9. #9
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: From ESPN's "Take 2" article

    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    "Big C" wrote:

    Alan Grant: Daunte Culpepper, because he was up against a three-headed opponent: the Green Bay Packers, a receiving core without Randy Moss, and Vikings offensive coordinator Scott Linehan.
    Only three heads?

    Daunte was also up against:
    4) all the referees
    5) cheating Packer secondary holding everyone all the time
    6) his own head coach throwing red flags when he shouldn't
    7) his own head coach not throwing red flags when he should
    8 ) the entire media as a whole that never cuts him any slack
    9) the University of Wisconsin marching band
    10) Ooh! A receiving corps without Kleinsasser!
    11) ghosts of the Arizona game
    12) the remote control ball, which was programmed to disappear under piles and always end up in Packer hands
    13) Paul Tagliabue, who only wants Brett Favre in the playoffs. Not the Vikings.
    14) The television networks, which refuse to show camera angles that provide any evidence of calls that should go the Viking way. Because they love Brett Favre, too.
    15) Chris Collinsworth, because he's a moron. And he likes Brett Favre.
    16) the fact that the moon is at its closest apex to the earth in 70 years, thus creating a slightly stronger gravitational pull to the west, which just so happened to be in the direction of the Viking end zone in the fourth quarter
    17) Brett Favre, who unbeknownst to us all is actually a PhD. in astrophysics, and his ability to throw the ball easily against the gravitational pull into Tony Fisher's hands, despite Corey Chavous being in perfect position to at least tip it away.


    Cheese Louise! That's a SEVENTEEN HEADED MONSTER that Daunte had to face! We should just name him MVP now because of all the factors in the world working against him!
    I agree with you with four and five. Other then that :roll:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a


  10. #10
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,135

    From ESPN's "Take 2" article

    LosAngelis...your turn :wink:

    I'll address your additional "Concerns" one at a time:

    Daunte was also up against:
    4) all the referees
    Not true: Earnie Franz, the Officiating Observer, tried like hell to keep the other "Zebras" in line. But the nefarious concession crew at Lambeau slipped him a psychotropic drug in his (cough) coffee (cough) that stays in the system for only 3 hours then vanishes without a trace...it's code name: Packer Pride.

    5) cheating Packer secondary holding everyone all the time
    Not True: It was Ahmad Caroll (Who was dry-humping Burleson on every play and Al Harris' hair (Which Whoopie Goldberg wants back, btw). Roman wasn't even in the game for the most part, so we can't really prove HE was cheating :P

    6) his own head coach throwing red flags when he shouldn't
    Not true: He should have thrown them on almost every play, so the above is impossible.

    7) his own head coach not throwing red flags when he should
    Not true: League rules prohibit Tice from tossing more then 2/3 per game, so this too is impossible (As explained above).

    8 ) the entire media as a whole that never cuts him any slack
    True: I seriously do have to wonder why it is that QB's with far more impressive performances are overlooked, yet Favrre gets gushed over everytime he completes a shovel pass. "Only Brett Favre can do that" seems to come roaring out...even though I've seen 12 other QB's do that today already. Sometimes, Favre seems to be living on his legend...sometimes he lives up to it. More and more, however, it's the former.

    9) the University of Wisconsin marching band
    Not true: Hovan fixed their asses, so they weren't a factor (Although I thought the Tuba's were hilarious with the "Where you at Moss?"). Now, if only Hovan would fix the asses of a few Offensive players as well...

    10) Ooh! A receiving corps without Kleinsasser!
    Sort of true: Kleinie can catch, true, but as a BLOCKER he's sorely missed. Minus Rosenthal, we really miss Kleinie on the line.

    11) ghosts of the Arizona game
    Not true: Excersized in pre-season. With Dennis Green going there, they will no longer have a Defense after 4 years, and will self-destruct in 6.

    12) the remote control ball, which was programmed to disappear under piles and always end up in Packer hands
    Not true: It was the Refs "Remote Control Heads", which disappeared up their asses.

    13) Paul Tagliabue, who only wants Brett Favre in the playoffs. Not the Vikings.
    Not true: It's actually Mrs. Tagliabue who has a crush on Brett. She forces her husband to show favoritism or it's in the dog house he goes.

    14) The television networks, which refuse to show camera angles that provide any evidence of calls that should go the Viking way. Because they love Brett Favre, too.
    Not true: They don't refuse to show them, they simply "forgot to turn that camera on for that play". Oooops!!

    15) Chris Collinsworth, because he's a moron. And he likes Brett Favre.
    Sort of True: Collinsworth has secretly been injected with Madden DNA, which has made him a "Favre Legend Lover". Hence, the over use of the "Only Brett Favre" tag line.

    16) the fact that the moon is at its closest apex to the earth in 70 years, thus creating a slightly stronger gravitational pull to the west, which just so happened to be in the direction of the Viking end zone in the fourth quarter
    ???: What in the hell are you smoking?!?!?!?

    17) Brett Favre, who unbeknownst to us all is actually a PhD. in astrophysics, and his ability to throw the ball easily against the gravitational pull into Tony Fisher's hands, despite Corey Chavous being in perfect position to at least tip it away.
    Well...as you already know..."Only Brett Favre can do that". :roll:

    Caine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN's New QB Stat
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 06:23 PM
  2. Jared Allen on ESPN's "PTI"
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 04:09 PM
  3. ESPN's top 64 Receivers
    By bleedpurple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 10:35 PM
  4. ESPN's Big Game Showdown
    By gr8vike in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 11:16 AM
  5. ESPN's Page 2
    By gr8vike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 11:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •