"Big C" wrote:
Alan Grant: Daunte Culpepper, because he was up against a three-headed opponent: the Green Bay Packers, a receiving core without Randy Moss, and Vikings offensive coordinator Scott Linehan.
Only three heads?
Daunte was also up against:
4) all the referees
5) cheating Packer secondary holding everyone all the time
6) his own head coach throwing red flags when he shouldn't
7) his own head coach not throwing red flags when he should
8 ) the entire media as a whole that never cuts him any slack
9) the University of Wisconsin marching band
10) Ooh! A receiving corps without Kleinsasser!
11) ghosts of the Arizona game
12) the remote control ball, which was programmed to disappear under piles and always end up in Packer hands
13) Paul Tagliabue, who only wants Brett Favre in the playoffs. Not the Vikings.
14) The television networks, which refuse to show camera angles that provide any evidence of calls that should go the Viking way. Because they love Brett Favre, too.
15) Chris Collinsworth, because he's a moron. And he likes Brett Favre.
16) the fact that the moon is at its closest apex to the earth in 70 years, thus creating a slightly stronger gravitational pull to the west, which just so happened to be in the direction of the Viking end zone in the fourth quarter
17) Brett Favre, who unbeknownst to us all is actually a PhD. in astrophysics, and his ability to throw the ball easily against the gravitational pull into Tony Fisher's hands, despite Corey Chavous being in perfect position to at least tip it away.
Cheese Louise! That's a SEVENTEEN HEADED MONSTER that Daunte had to face! We should just name him MVP now because of all the factors in the world working against him!