Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: ESPN's Matt Mosly Rankings

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Marrrdo, who are the people with the clue? Enlighten me, oh wise one.

    I wasnt saying we should have gotten Moss. Im saying I think the Pats did a good job of getting him because Im betting he will want to play for a good HC, on a good team. And there is a WR out there that isnt happy wheres hes at or the money hes making. Thats who we should have found, not a Bobby no name Wade. We need a GOOD WR for TJ to even have a chance at becoming a good QB, and us winning games. Pay the price (not OVERpriced like a certain TE). If we've had such good drafts since his royal highness became HC, lets trade some picks, make some calls, for a good WR. Beats the hell out of hoping Twill can hold on to a few balls.

    If I saw anything Childress do that was good, other then a few FA's and draft picks (and wearnt half of you saying childress had very little to do with these choices last year? that it was by a committe? did that change this year?) I would say that in a few years maybe his master plan would show, but i just havent seen it. I hope 2 years from now im eatting crow for breakfast lunch and diner.
    Is there a certain player you are angry we didn't get? You can bash Wade and Shiancoe all you want. Some of it is valdiated because they have done shit in this league, but unless you suggest someone who would be better, and was also available, you just seem impossible to please. What good WR did you want to trade picks for? Which picks do you want to trade?

    Please provide some answers, we all know there are questions.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  2. #32
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: ESPN's Matt Mosly Rankings

    V, i have no idea who is/was out there. I do know other teams with much better receivers got even better with their WRs. Somehow they got it done. We should have.

    If I was a HC in the NFL i would have moved heaven and earth to get 1 go to dependable guy. Not a deal like the Walker deal, but something in between that and what we have done. Unless of course I thought the year was already a wash...

  3. #33
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ESPN's Matt Mosly Rankings

    "V" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Marrrdo, who are the people with the clue? Enlighten me, oh wise one.

    I wasnt saying we should have gotten Moss. Im saying I think the Pats did a good job of getting him because Im betting he will want to play for a good HC, on a good team. And there is a WR out there that isnt happy wheres hes at or the money hes making. Thats who we should have found, not a Bobby no name Wade. We need a GOOD WR for TJ to even have a chance at becoming a good QB, and us winning games. Pay the price (not OVERpriced like a certain TE). If we've had such good drafts since his royal highness became HC, lets trade some picks, make some calls, for a good WR. Beats the hell out of hoping Twill can hold on to a few balls.

    If I saw anything Childress do that was good, other then a few FA's and draft picks (and wearnt half of you saying childress had very little to do with these choices last year? that it was by a committe? did that change this year?) I would say that in a few years maybe his master plan would show, but i just havent seen it. I hope 2 years from now im eatting crow for breakfast lunch and diner.
    Is there a certain player you are angry we didn't get? You can bash Wade and Shiancoe all you want. Some of it is valdiated because they have done pooh in this league, but unless you suggest someone who would be better, and was also available, you just seem impossible to please. What good WR did you want to trade picks for? Which picks do you want to trade?

    Please provide some answers, we all know there are questions.
    Not defending the person you quoted, but in free agency we had the money to go out and get Graham and Stallworth.

    Graham is one of the leagues premier blocking tight ends and we really lack in that department so he would have been a viable choice.Denver took him to contribute to a team that may not be that different from what we are trying to do. In NE he never lit up the stat sheet with high numbers, but he had some great plays at critical times in playoff games. And did I say he can block? ;D

    Stallworth was having an excellent year last year until injuries slowed him but he had an 84 yard touchdown and was averaging over 19 yards per catch. He averages over 15 YPC for his career.Philly runs a system that is similar to ours and if he can be productive there, then he should be able to produce here.


    Now, before I get all flamed out, I am not complaining that we didn't get these guys and I am content to see what we get out of who we got. I was just providing names of players that we could have gotten instead of the ones we did for the sake of argument
    and laid a foundation for why they may have been viable.

    Next...

  4. #34
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ESPN's Matt Mosly Rankings

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    V, i have no idea who is/was out there. I do know other teams with much better receivers got even better with their WRs. Somehow they got it done. We should have.

    If I was a HC in the NFL i would have moved heaven and earth to get 1 go to dependable guy. Not a deal like the Walker deal, but something in between that and what we have done. Unless of course I thought the year was already a wash...
    Good idea.
    Maybe you could trade 6 roster players (LB Jesse Solomon, DB Issiac Holt, RB Darrin Nelson, LB David Howard, DE Alex Stewart), and 6 assorted draft picks (conditional 1st & 2nd round in '90 and '91; 1st round and conditional 3rd in '92) for some big name.
    That would work really well.
    :

    Sometimes it isn't about the big name veteran. Sometimes it is about discovering the next big name veteran...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #35
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: ESPN's Matt Mosly Rankings

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Marrrdo, who are the people with the clue? Enlighten me, oh wise one.

    I wasnt saying we should have gotten Moss. Im saying I think the Pats did a good job of getting him because Im betting he will want to play for a good HC, on a good team. And there is a WR out there that isnt happy wheres hes at or the money hes making. Thats who we should have found, not a Bobby no name Wade. We need a GOOD WR for TJ to even have a chance at becoming a good QB, and us winning games. Pay the price (not OVERpriced like a certain TE). If we've had such good drafts since his royal highness became HC, lets trade some picks, make some calls, for a good WR. Beats the hell out of hoping Twill can hold on to a few balls.

    If I saw anything Childress do that was good, other then a few FA's and draft picks (and wearnt half of you saying childress had very little to do with these choices last year? that it was by a committe? did that change this year?) I would say that in a few years maybe his master plan would show, but i just havent seen it. I hope 2 years from now im eatting crow for breakfast lunch and diner.
    Is there a certain player you are angry we didn't get? You can bash Wade and Shiancoe all you want. Some of it is valdiated because they have done pooh in this league, but unless you suggest someone who would be better, and was also available, you just seem impossible to please. What good WR did you want to trade picks for? Which picks do you want to trade?

    Please provide some answers, we all know there are questions.
    Not defending the person you quoted, but in free agency we had the money to go out and get Graham and Stallworth.

    Graham is one of the leagues premier blocking tight ends and we really lack in that department so he would have been a viable choice.Denver took him to contribute to a team that may not be that different from what we are trying to do. In NE he never lit up the stat sheet with high numbers, but he had some great plays at critical times in playoff games. And did I say he can block? ;D

    Stallworth was having an excellent year last year until injuries slowed him but he had an 84 yard touchdown and was averaging over 19 yards per catch. He averages over 15 YPC for his career.Philly runs a system that is similar to ours and if he can be productive there, then he should be able to produce here.


    Now, before I get all flamed out, I am not complaining that we didn't get these guys and I am content to see what we get out of who we got. I was just providing names of players that we could have gotten instead of the ones we did for the sake of argument
    and laid a foundation for why they may have been viable.

    Next...
    I would have loved Graham over Shiancoe, and Stallworth over Wade. The point is, that is what we should be talking about. CC's bickering is pointless because he doesn't think of solutions, he only whines about problems.

    If you want to have a real discussion about Shiancoe+Wade vs. Graham+Stallworth, I'm all for it.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  6. #36
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: ESPN's Matt Mosly Rankings

    i love when people get worked up and lose their minds after reading a stupid 'power ranking'
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  7. #37
    ForceOfNorse's Avatar
    ForceOfNorse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    275

    Re: ESPN's Matt Mosly Rankings

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    V, i have no idea who is/was out there. I do know other teams with much better receivers got even better with their WRs. Somehow they got it done. We should have.

    If I was a HC in the NFL i would have moved heaven and earth to get 1 go to dependable guy. Not a deal like the Walker deal, but something in between that and what we have done. Unless of course I thought the year was already a wash...
    Good idea.
    Maybe you could trade 6 roster players (LB Jesse Solomon, DB Issiac Holt, RB Darrin Nelson, LB David Howard, DE Alex Stewart), and 6 assorted draft picks (conditional 1st & 2nd round in '90 and '91; 1st round and conditional 3rd in '92) for some big name.
    That would work really well.
    :

    Sometimes it isn't about the big name veteran. Sometimes it is about discovering the next big name veteran...
    Right On!
    NodakPaul!!!
    Give 'em hell!!!!
    That statement was total rubbish!

  8. #38
    ForceOfNorse's Avatar
    ForceOfNorse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    275

    Re: ESPN's Matt Mosly Rankings

    "midgensa" wrote:
    Like I have said in previous posts ... I think we are better than this, but it does not make this guy a jerk because he lists his 32 teams and has us on the low in. Hell, we picked 7th in the draft ... that means right there that 25 teams were better than us last year ... and now with an unproven QB while a handful of teams people at least THINK got better (Detroit for example), I can see why someone would have us in the 30 spot. I think it is a little low, but what did you expect? We are a team with no proven WR's, no proven QB, a coach who looked a little stagnant on offense last year and lost his defensive "genius," a lack of pass rush which kills our pass defense, suspect returning special teams and in the division with the NFC Champs. I think it would be a little much to think analysts would be running around saying "The Vikes are going to the Super Bowl!"
    Also very well said.
    Reality sux!
    Guess we'll have to just lay down for all of our opponents this year!
    Yeah right!!!!!!!
    Go ashore, burn the boats, and never look back!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN's New QB Stat
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 06:23 PM
  2. ESPN's Power Rankings make no sense
    By StillPurple in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 04:48 PM
  3. ESPN's top 64 Receivers
    By bleedpurple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 10:35 PM
  4. ESPN's Page 2
    By gr8vike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 11:14 AM
  5. ESPN's power rankings
    By farvathevikinglover in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 05:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •