Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: ESPN's Matt Mosly Rankings

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    What have we done this season to make you think we are that much better then last year? AP? Rice? 2 raw rookies who have never played.

This is truely Childress's team. Hardly anyone remains from the Tice era. And I dont see much of an improvement. Unless we actually can pass protect, pass rush, and catch some balls we could be worse then last year. Since this is childress's second year, are people still going to have excuses for him if he sucks this year? How about next year?
    Whoo hoo!
    CC's back.
    I missed his sunshine-like posts in the morning.

Joking aside, you did point out the key areas that need to improve if we want to finish with a better record this year.
    Let's hope that they do.
    And for the record, if Childress does not improve this year, then no, I will not make any excuses for him.
    I have said all along that I expect improvement each year.

Now if (when) Childress does improve this year, will you be man enough to admit that your Childress-hate was misplaced?
    I think if you are saying did we go out and sign a bunch of has been over priced FAs that are easily recognized by people like CC then nope, we didn't do anything to upgrade the team.

I think what people like CC refused to say is that we had another solid draft of players that have alot of potential who, like last years draft class, will contribute this year.

Throw in the fact that last years draft class has some experience under thier belt, our FA's from last year feel like they are fitting in and then add our FA's from this year, a new WR coach, a new Defensive Coord who might be able to come up with a few schemes to get to the QB.........

Add to all that, continuity at the HC position with a coach who knows how to run an organization, even though people don't like his approach,
    then yes, we did some things to improve our team this year.

By the way, CC hates the Chiller so much, when we win the SB he will still hate him cause the score wasn't high enough.
    (someone else posted that once and I liked it enough to use it here
    ;D)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

hmmm, without Vick the Falcons are above us......hmmm the dolphins are # 22. Hmmmm each team has a decent size paragraph & we have 2 1/2 sentences

30. Minnesota- Two words: Tarvaris Jackson. OK, that's not totally fair. I think the Vikings could have a solid running game if Adrian Peterson can stay healthy.

- What about KC? 2 Words...Brodie Croyle?? WTF? This guy is clueless....If you are going to rank the Vikes @ 30, at least put some thought into it as to why.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Good post Marrdo i believe theres a reason the vikings were almost unanomously had the top (or close to top) ranked draft this year. With the adding onto players from last year such as griffin, blue, jackson, greenway and our other draft picks (along with UDFA's & FA's) all having more experience on their backs.. i'm excited

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Marrdo. alot of teams had 'good' drafts. You never know a truely good draft
    till a few years later.

What did we do this offseason other then get Wade(YAY-not) , an overpriced TE (who will imho never be as good receiver as wiggins, if childress decides to use a TE this year) dont we have enough blocking TE types??? and a handful of no bodies?

We need a coaching staff that will instill discipline. Cut down the penatlties, do your jobs on the field, learn how to execute. Alot of this is done through proper coaching.

Im sick of us not getting good players like Moss cause they may have an attitude or bad work ethic, or aernt willing to blow childress whenever he askes. Im will to bet alot of money Moss does a great job in NE. They took a chance on him, and he actually may want to play for a good HC and a good team. Neither of which we have. I love the vikes but right now I do see us as a 30th ranked team.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Im sick of us not getting good players like Moss cause they may have an attitude or bad work ethic, or aernt willing to blow childress whenever he askes.
    WHO? Who did you expect us to pick up of Moss' calibur,
    Moss?
    Are you pissy cause we didn't get Moss?
    Name somebody and we will talk about it.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Marrdo. alot of teams had 'good' drafts. You never know a truely good draft
    till a few years later.

What did we do this offseason other then get Wade(YAY-not) , an overpriced TE (who will imho never be as good receiver as wiggins, if childress decides to use a TE this year) dont we have enough blocking TE types??? and a handful of no bodies?

We need a coaching staff that will instill discipline. Cut down the penatlties, do your jobs on the field, learn how to execute. Alot of this is done through proper coaching.

Im sick of us not getting good players like Moss cause they may have an attitude or bad work ethic, or aernt willing to blow childress whenever he askes. Im will to bet alot of money Moss does a great job in NE. They took a chance on him, and he actually may want to play for a good HC and a good team. Neither of which we have. I love the vikes but right now I do see us as a 30th ranked team.
    <Yawn>

Sorry, that is pretty much the same post you always post over and over again.

I am losing count onhow many times I see you do this, but you contradict yourself in your own post.
    In one paragraph you say that you want players who "do your jobs on the field" and then in the next paragraph you say you are "sick of us not getting good players like Moss."
    Do you ever read your own words to make sure that they make sense before posting them?

And name three other teams that had as strong of a draft as us.
    How many other teams have as high of a starting % from last year's draft as we do?
    Christ, we have an incredible FA and draft in 2005, and a helluva draft in 2006.
    We didn't do much in FA this year by choice, and all of a sudden you are "sick or not getting good players".
    :
    Yeah, I am sick of getting players like Hutch, Taylor, Griffin, McCauley, Rice, AP...
    I would much rather be the Washington Redskins and bring in every single overpriced free agent on the market.
    How did they do last year BTW?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Im sick of us not getting good players like Moss cause they may have an attitude or bad work ethic, or aernt willing to blow childress whenever he askes.
    Do you have a pipeline into the Raiders front office?
    Do you know that Moss would have accepted a trade to Minnesota?
    Did Randy text-message you to let you know that he was dying to come back to the Vikings?

Or do you just magically believe that if The Pentagon of Power had made an offer that it would have happened just because the likes of you wanted it to happen?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

I really haven't looked at this thread yet mostly due to some paint fumes I inadvertantly sniffed yesterday I am scared that the loss of brain cells from that MIXED with reading this thread may in fact kill me.

I will say this however:

"Marrdo. alot of teams had 'good' drafts. You never know a truely good draft
    [glow=red,2,300]till a few years later[/glow]."

"We need a coaching staff that will instill discipline. Cut down the penatlties, do your jobs on the field, learn how to execute. Alot of this is done through proper coaching."

Whew, ok CCTheBest.....please look at what you wrote...take your time

Do you see the irony? Give the coaching staff some time. I see the basic gray matter is in place from your first comment.....now that you have that gray matter, the key would be to build on it and do your very best to never let go....Amen

If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

How can I add to what has already been posted above me.

We do have some people on here that have a clue.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Marrrdo, who are the people with the clue? Enlighten me, oh wise one.

I wasnt saying we should have gotten Moss. Im saying I think the Pats did a good job of getting him because Im betting he will want to play for a good HC, on a good team. And there is a WR out there that isnt happy wheres hes at or the money hes making. Thats who we should have found, not a Bobby no name Wade. We need a GOOD WR for TJ to even have a chance at becoming a good QB, and us winning games. Pay the price (not OVERpriced like a certain TE). If we've had such good drafts since his royal highness became HC, lets trade some picks, make some calls, for a good WR. Beats the hell out of hoping Twill can hold on to a few balls.

If I saw anything Childress do that was good, other then a few FA's and draft picks (and wearnt half of you saying childress had very little to do with these choices last year? that it was by a committe? did that change this year?) I would say that in a few years maybe his master plan would show, but i just havent seen it. I hope 2 years from now im eatting crow for breakfast lunch and diner.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast