Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    DaunteHOF is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: ESPN's Insiders Vikings Traing Camp Preview

    good nice long read, its true though if Brad Johnson is down we are done for...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ESPN's Insiders Vikings Traing Camp Preview

    This will be an aggressive defense, but also one designed not to give up big plays. The early reports are that the Vikings like Tomlin and believe in the system, which indicates they will play hard.

    That's what I like to hear! Very good read.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ESPN's Insiders Vikings Traing Camp Preview

    "Prophet" wrote:
    I think I'm more fired up for this season than I've been in a long time. Will be exciting to see this team develop.


    ...The Vikings were one of the most active teams in free agency in the offseason, bringing in 10 new veteran free agents, and they spent $31.5 million in free agency, basically giving Childress an open checkbook to upgrade this team and tweak this roster. Childress also has the largest coaching staff in the league, with 21 assistant coaches...
    remember how many people were saying that last season?

  4. #14
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ESPN's Insiders Vikings Traing Camp Preview

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    This will be an aggressive defense, but also one designed not to give up big plays. The early reports are that the Vikings like Tomlin and believe in the system, which indicates they will play hard.

    That's what I like to hear! Very good read.
    hopefully that means that they will be able to get their act together by week 3 instead of 7 like last year. its good that the players believe in the system so we dont have what happened last year happening this year, where players like winfield called out cotrell.

  5. #15
    Prophet Guest

    Re: ESPN's Insiders Vikings Traing Camp Preview

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I think I'm more fired up for this season than I've been in a long time. Will be exciting to see this team develop.


    ...The Vikings were one of the most active teams in free agency in the offseason, bringing in 10 new veteran free agents, and they spent $31.5 million in free agency, basically giving Childress an open checkbook to upgrade this team and tweak this roster. Childress also has the largest coaching staff in the league, with 21 assistant coaches...
    remember how many people were saying that last season?
    I probably say that every season.

  6. #16
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: ESPN's Insiders Vikings Traing Camp Preview

    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    good nice long read, its true though if Brad Johnson is down we are done for...
    That's very true, because we don't have decent backup

  7. #17
    bigdaddy72_1's Avatar
    bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    209

    Re: ESPN's Insiders Vikings Traing Camp Preview

    Really good article.

    The writer's comments on Kevin Williams got me thinking about our d-line. They are gonna be a good crew. Starters probably being E. James, K. Williams, P. Williams, and K. Udeze, respectively. Which to me is almost as exciting as our o-line, but I think we have more depth at d-line with S. Johnson, R. Edwards (R), C.J. Mosley, Darrion Scott, DeQuincy Scott, etc. This depth really gives our starters the chance to catch their breathe and make sure that they are ready to go on critical 3rd downs.

    I was surprised that there was no comment on M. Johnson's play as OT at the end of last season, which I think serves as a good indicator that he will be the starter there and will have success as such.


    ESPN's Insiders Vikings [size=18px]Traing[/size] Camp Preview
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

  8. #18
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: ESPN's Insiders Vikings Traing Camp Preview

    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    good nice long read, its true though if Brad Johnson is down we are done for...
    That's very true, because we don't have decent backup
    I sure hope you guys have to eat crow on this one! :lol:
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  9. #19
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: ESPN's Insiders Vikings Traing Camp Preview

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    good nice long read, its true though if Brad Johnson is down we are done for...
    That's very true, because we don't have decent backup
    I sure hope you guys have to eat crow on this one! lol
    I would have no problem eating crow on that.

  10. #20
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: ESPN's Insiders Vikings Traing Camp Preview

    "bigdaddy72_1" wrote:
    Really good article.

    The writer's comments on Kevin Williams got me thinking about our d-line. They are gonna be a good crew. Starters probably being E. James, K. Williams, P. Williams, and K. Udeze, respectively. Which to me is almost as exciting as our o-line, but I think we have more depth at d-line with S. Johnson, R. Edwards (R), C.J. Mosley, Darrion Scott, DeQuincy Scott, etc. This depth really gives our starters the chance to catch their breathe and make sure that they are ready to go on critical 3rd downs.

    I was surprised that there was no comment on M. Johnson's play as OT at the end of last season, which I think serves as a good indicator that he will be the starter there and will have success as such.


    ESPN's Insiders Vikings [size=18px]Traing[/size] Camp Preview
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha


    Couldnt agree any more.I honestly think Rasmus is gonna be a force to be dealt with this year.His speed is just nasty. I'm pushin for Udeze real bad.While I like Scott and DeQuincy, Udeze has ALOT of potential.Our D-line and our O-line are both DEEP, and that right there already has me beleiving in Childress and Tomlin. Training camp is SOOO close!!!

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Training Camp Preview & Goals
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 10:18 PM
  2. MOVED: NFL.com Training Camp Preview
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 09:57 AM
  3. Minnesota Vikings training camp fantasy preview
    By newvikingsfans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 03:02 PM
  4. Minnesota Vikings training camp fantasy preview
    By newvikingsfans in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 03:00 PM
  5. Bryant McKinnie - Traing Camp Journal
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 05:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •