Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: espn2k5

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

espn2k5

about anything to do with the media is cursed

gpete13 is offline Starter

espn2k5

Madden 05 will support Xbox live. MAtter of fact all new EA Sports games will.

Also I know from my own Madden website, alot of people plan on getting both, since ESPN will only be $20 when it comes out. It has a few features that Madden wont (or atleast they havent annoucne these features) but an online franchise for EPSN.

Still to me Madden will be the better of the two.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

espn2k5

Madden is the best!! Nothing can compare!! And there is a damn media curse, Warner with Campbells soup also. I think Elway was on the soup too but he never got hurt!! No Vikings on any type of games or food labels!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Big C is offline Coordinator

espn2k5

ESPN NFL 2K5 will be going retail for $20. I'm a Madden fan but at that price point I will be getting 2K5 before Madden 2005.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

espn2k5

about the curse thing T.O. fans might be blaming his blitz cover for last years poor performance

silvermane is offline Rookie

espn2k5

"purplepat" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    ESPN even put an over rated T.O. on the cover
    Maybe that's a good thing. I don't know about ESPN's football game, but remember the Madden NFL cover curse? Many players who have been on the box cover have had horrible seasons right after their cover came out. Michael Vick was on the cover last year, broke his leg. Culp had a less-than-stellar year after he was on the cover. I forget everyone else, but it really has been a curse.

I think the Campbell's Chunky Soup has had a similar curse...Terrell Davis, Donovan McNabb, both got hurt after doing Chunky Soup.
    i think you have something there...kurt warner also did some campbells' commercials and went downhill not long after.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

espn2k5

Guys, the 2k series is way better then madden. I think madden is a little overated being that everyone likes and considers the best football video game when it doesnt have the best graphics, game play is harder to figure out then 2k and the gameplay itself. Madden is a lot like nfl blitz where you are leading by 14 and the computer will 100 percent of the time score to make it close and sometimes extremeley hard to win when its on a level like pro.
    2k doesnt do that, itll play itself out and if you dominate, you dominate by 21.

I have both games and i love 2k a lot more then madden.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

espn2k5

REally Hawaiianvike? I don't mind the gameplay, I actually enjoy how complex it is (maybe not at the beginning), you can do so much with the playmaker controls. Sometimes I think the Madden defenses are too easy, I mean when you can routinely score 80 points against the PRO difficulty, something is wrong. Maybe you just suck at it .

The big thing about Madden I prefer is how much more in depth the franchise mode is. Hell I have just as much fun in the offseason signing and drafting as I do playing the actual game. Given next year is going to have even more offseason and inseason depth, it is really a no-brainer. Especially if the defenses are improved.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12