Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN reports

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

ESPN reports

Here are the Vikings and Packer reports from ESPN.

[/b]VIKINGS
    What it all means?
    This franchise has been through so much drama since the 2001 training camp death of offensive tackle Korey Stringer. Will any early success this fall be tainted by the memory of the 3-7 finish last year and the season-ending Debacle In The Desert? If healthy, offensive coordinator's Scott Linehan's unit seems set. Moss and tailback Michael Bennett are recovering from left foot injuries, but should be ready to burn rubber come September. If Culpepper continues to be savvier with the ball (he threw 12 fewer interceptions in 2003 than he did the previous season) and a young defense quickly learns to play together, the Vikings might have a playoff berth secured long before the regular season ends.

PACKERS
    What it all means?
    With Favre at the helm plus the fact they don't appear to play in the strongest division, Green Bay could be seen as a legitimate contender in the NFC.

Last year, especially over the season's second half, Favre seemed to finally establish a consistent rhythm with wide receivers Robert Ferguson and Javon Walker. Running back Ahman Green is coming off another great year and there's talent and experience throughout the roster.

Favre would love to go out like John Elway -- with another title. If everything falls in place, he may just get his chance.

Looks like it should be a good race!!!!
    3 Straight Division Champs

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

ESPN reports

It will be a good race, but analysts never havea clue, though it is good for a fan to hear they like your favorite team.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

ESPN reports

Tha pack won't be in a race for anything but last place with DA' BEARS! You can write that down if you'd like...

:salute: :cheers: :salute:
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

ESPN reports

<---busy scribbling this down, yet wondering why?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

ESPN reports

Sorry, i shoulda said that you can quote me on this... man you have to explain everything to packers fans!

:bootyshake:
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

ESPN reports

Dont always believe the analyst, a lot of the time they are wrong and its hard to predict how well a team does because of injuries and other miscellanious reasons
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

ESPN reports

Here's the part of the ESPN article that you forgot to post:

"Len Pasquarelli" wrote:
    Are the Packers the class of the NFC North as long as Brett Favre is still there?

You mean the same Favre who threw that gawdawful pass in the emotional playoff loss at Philadelphia, which prematurely ended the Packers' 2003 season? For reasons obvious to just about everyone -- like, uh, name the Green Bay backup or their heir unapparent to Favre -- the three-time league most valuable player remains the most crucial personage for the health of the team. Even if tailback Ahman Green has emerged the past three seasons as an offensive fulcrum, Green Bay can't count on the enigmatic Favre anymore to win every close game with a stirring two-minute drill. Truth be told, the team has always had to tolerate Favre's frequent risk-taking, a derring-do style that defines life on the edge. The difference in recent seasons is that the rewards don't outdistance the risks as much as they once did. Even with Favre, the Packers are a relatively ordinary bunch, so imagine what Green Bay would be like without him. In a division that is tight because it is so diluted, Favre is worth a win or two on his own, and that's enough to set any NFC North team apart. With or without the future Hall of Fame member, Green Bay still has to play better defense to reach the playoffs in 2004 for a fourth straight season. Remember, the Packers only stumbled into the postseason last year because of Arizona's last-play touchdown against Minnesota after time had elapsed. Green Bay isn't apt to be as fortunate this time around. The Packers need better secondary play than they got on the infamous fourth-and-26 play in the playoff loss to the Eagles. And they'd better conjure up a way to create more consistent pass-rush pressure. Otherwise, the legendary Favre can play until he's 100 years old, and the Packers won't win another Super Bowl.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

ESPN reports

Thanks, Pacman, lol, I umm, love outta context quotes. I read that right before I logged on this site, that is just funny. Another nice try.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

ESPN reports

What was out of context? I simply posted the "What is all means" part of BOTH Packers and Vikings... heck, I coulda put the negative of the Vikings too.... but then of course you all would have thrown some sort of fit again, as usual
    3 Straight Division Champs

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

ESPN reports

I don't trusts analysts. Most of them just blabber a bunch of crap, and they are usally wrong.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast