Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: ESPN rates top receiving Cores in NFL

"tastywaves" wrote:
    I think the author is confusing our WR corps with our passing offense.
    If our receivers were sitting in Indy, they would be ranked a lot higher than 28th and would have much more impressive stats to back it up.
    As it is they are products of poor passing offenses and don't have the world beating stats to back up where they really sit talent wise across the league.

By the same token, the packers receivers are getting a lot of their high ranking based on Favre last year chucking them the ball.
    Lets see how great this receiving corps looks after this year.
    No they wouldn't. We would have a 2nd year WR and BB. BB would be a 3rd stringer on Indy and he's our starter. If we were to exchange Indy's corps for ours. It would be the same. Our WRs are not that good.

Rice = Maybe
    AA = Huge Maybe
    JJ = Gigantic maybe
    Wade = Marty Booker
    BB = Talented top 25 WR(18th is my rank)

We are hoping Rice improves, some of us have just assumed he will. However, at the end of the day he had 300+ yards and 4 tds. Not exactly Hall of Fame numbers. He will be better but to assume that we should be up there with elite teams is laughable. Heck Carolina has a better WR corps. I would take Smith and Hackett over our # 1 and 2. Heck Jarrett may become solid if he ever gets his head on straight and the rest of their corps is average just like the reast of ours.

Don't drink and type( purple koolaid that is)

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    I think the author is confusing our WR corps with our passing offense.
    If our receivers were sitting in Indy, they would be ranked a lot higher than 28th and would have much more impressive stats to back it up.
    As it is they are products of poor passing offenses and don't have the world beating stats to back up where they really sit talent wise across the league.

By the same token, the packers receivers are getting a lot of their high ranking based on Favre last year chucking them the ball.
    Lets see how great this receiving corps looks after this year.
    No they wouldn't. We would have a 2nd year WR and BB. BB would be a 3rd stringer on Indy and he's our starter. If we were to exchange Indy's corps for ours. It would be the same. Our WRs are not that good.

Rice = Maybe
    AA = Huge Maybe
    JJ = Gigantic maybe
    Wade = Marty Booker
    BB = Talented top 25 WR(18th is my rank)

We are hoping Rice improves, some of us have just assumed he will. However, at the end of the day he had 300+ yards and 4 tds. Not exactly Hall of Fame numbers. He will be better but to assume that we should be up there with elite teams is laughable. Heck Carolina has a better WR corps. I would take Smith and Hackett over our # 1 and 2. Heck Jarrett may become solid if he ever gets his head on straight and the rest of their corps is average just like the reast of ours.

Don't drink and type( purple koolaid that is)
    My point is not that our receivers are as good as Indy's, just that teams that are built for passing allow recievers to put up good stats.
    I don't think they are ranking this on talent as much as they are past production.

You are largely backing up my argument that poor stats have led to the low rankings for our receivers.
    Is it the receiver or the system they have played in?

Detroit's WR's are as good as anyone's in the game, but suffer from being in Detroit. No way green bay's receiver talent is better than Detroit's.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Nice points tasty. I think its all about past production and you stated it, the only way to get on ESPN's good side is to go ahead and porduce.

KevinCox I get the feeling you are doubting Sindney Rice. His production as a part time player was one of the better performances out of the rookies last season. He even lead our team in TD's as a rookie. And why does he have to have hall of fame numbers to satisfy you? Not everyone is Randy Moss and Anquan Boldin. Give the young guy some time and watch him become the best WR on the team.

IMO the peices are there, he was high production player out of college, he has already shown the ability to play at this level, he shows great work ethic and attitude and he has the physical tools to outcompete just about any CB in this league. Plus he's on our team. IMO its evident he will be a rising star, the one flaw he does have is his lack of experience, I believe he's 21 or so and he's skinny but has acknowledged this and has already started to bulk up.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I would take our receivers over Philly's any day. Where are they ranked?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"V" wrote:
    I would take our receivers over Philly's any day. Where are they ranked?
    They are ranked #15... which is a joke

I swear they have college interns writing these articles at ESPN... no self respecting sports fan would write this stuff.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Nice points tasty. I think its all about past production and you stated it, the only way to get on ESPN's good side is to go ahead and porduce.

KevinCox I get the feeling you are doubting Sindney Rice. His production as a part time player was one of the better performances out of the rookies last season. He even lead our team in TD's as a rookie. And why does he have to have hall of fame numbers to satisfy you? Not everyone is Randy Moss and Anquan Boldin. Give the young guy some time and watch him become the best WR on the team.

IMO the peices are there, he was high production player out of college, he has already shown the ability to play at this level, he shows great work ethic and attitude and he has the physical tools to outcompete just about any CB in this league. Plus he's on our tea"m. IMO its evident he will be a rising star, the one flaw he does have is his lack of experience, I believe he's 21 or so and he's skinny but has acknowledged this and has already started to bulk up.
    to quote singer:
    "Isn't that like being the prettiest one on The View?"

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

IMO the peices are there, he was high production player out of college, he has already shown the ability to play at this level, he shows great work ethic and attitude and he has the physical tools to outcompete just about any CB in this league. Plus he's on our tea"m. IMO its evident he will be a rising star, the one flaw he does have is his lack of experience, I believe he's 21 or so and he's skinny but has acknowledged this and has already started to bulk up.
    to quote singer:
    "Isn't that like being the prettiest one on The View?"
    Well, we also had AD... who was pretty good running after the catch.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

once again, floop their ratings, i like our WR core, people on here
    A.hate on BB for not have a thousand yd season yet, woopie. Look at the offense he played on, ours is alot better even with TJack.
    B. Hate on Rice, saying we all think hes gonna burst onto the seen this year, and if u look at the trend of young WRs, they start off slow their rookie year and continue to develope
    C. Hate on Wade because he isnt flashy, yet he gets the job done

And to end this little rant, we dont need our WRs to be like Indys or NEs, that would be nice, we just need them to be clutch and not do dumb shit(TWill). And we need them to take pressure off of the running game, and i believe our WR core can do that.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    once again, floop their ratings, i like our WR core, people on here
    A.hate on BB for not have a thousand yd season yet, woopie. Look at the offense he played on, ours is alot better even with TJack.
    B. Hate on Rice, saying we all think hes gonna burst onto the seen this year, and if u look at the trend of young WRs, they start off slow their rookie year and continue to develope
    C. Hate on Wade because he isnt flashy, yet he gets the job done

And to end this little rant, we dont need our WRs to be like Indys or NEs, that would be nice, we just need them to be clutch and not do dumb shit(TWill). And we need them to take pressure off of the running game, and i believe our WR core can do that.
    Don't get worked up over it... it's ESPN, all they do is recite exactly what happened at the end of last season and write it off as "Original thought"

ESPN and all their employees are complete morons who lack any and all foresight and original thought.

Plus... it's owned by Disney, and Walt Disney himself was a Nazi sympathizer... It's not relevant at all, I know... But I hate ESPN.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"litlharsh" wrote:
    Come on guys. We have a #1 who has never had a 1000 yard receiving year, a #2 who is ALL potential so far, and a decent 3. We're not world beaters here and this article really seems to have ignited your guys' homer alert.
    He had like what.. 990 yards or something?

That's not significantly different than 1000.
    Quick, somebody run the stats on it

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast