Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

ESPN power rankings

Sorry if this is a repeat.
    -----------------------------------------

Tuesday, May 17

Power Rankings: New England is No. 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com's Power Rankings
    This week's rankings were determined by a poll of ESPN.com's NFL staff -- writers John Clayton, Len Pasquarelli, Michael Smith, the Insiders from Scouts Inc., and ESPN.com NFL editors Peter Lawrence-Riddell and James C. Black.

With the draft and the main portion of free agency behind us, it's time to check in with our offseason Power Rankings.

The Patriots open on top following their second straight Super Bowl championship. While they've lost some key parts of their championship teams, they still have to be considered the favorites heading into 2005.

A number of teams moved from the last time we ranked them (following Week 17). Despite losing Randy Moss, the Vikings jumped from No. 16 in our final rankings all the way to No. 4. With a number of solid additions on defense (Pat Williams, Fred Smoot, Sam Cowart, Darren Sharper), the Vikings have to be considered the favorites in the NFC North. Staying in the NFC North, the Packers dropped from No. 7 to No. 18, following an offseason that saw them lose starting guards Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle and starting safety Sharper.

Another team that made a big jump is the Cowboys, who leaped from No. 26 to No. 12. Dallas had a solid offseason, adding starters on defense (CB Anthony Henry and DT Jason Ferguson) and offense (OG Rivera and QB Drew Bledsoe) through free agency.

Anyway, on to the rankings. Also, stop by the Power Rankings Show on SportsNation at noon ET to chat with the NFL Power Ranker.
    -------------------------------------------------

Whatcha think? Impressive, yes?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Re: ESPN power rankings

Just means we look good on paper, and to the media. I do hope they are right. They should be.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I just hope that the Patsies finally start to take that inevitable nosedive down this year...to be replaced at the top by our VIKINGS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'd rather see them play a game before these rankings come out. We know that on paper we should be good, but we have to show that in the field, which is what the vikes haven't done for a while now. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but realistic.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I just hope that the Patsies finally start to take that inevitable nosedive down this year...to be replaced at the top by our VIKINGS!!!
    Always with the Patsies this, Patsies that! :lol:

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:

Ahhhhh! To be the toast of the NFL for a stretch. That would be very nice.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

[/quote]the Vikings have to be considered the favorites in the NFC North. Staying in the NFC North, the Packers dropped from No. 7 to No. 18[quote][size=7px] [/size]

Now that's what I'm talkin about
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Yeah, I hate them with a passion...BUT you gotta respect the fact that they have those SB trophies!

But I still hate them!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Yeah, I hate them with a passion...BUT you gotta respect the fact that they have those SB trophies!

But I still hate them!
    I hear you loud and clear. I am not a fan of any other team whatsoever. But, I do have to give their organization credit.

ShiFtY is offline Rookie

Being at the ten spot or higher isn't that bad if you think about it, because it just takes off pressure and high expectations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast