Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: ESPN Midseason poll on Vikes

"culpeppers_vikes" wrote:
    I dont think Tice is that bad, why should he get fired? i am going to stand by this firmly if we had Moss, Lenihan, Birk, we wouldnt be in this situation, and another question who in the world would we get to be the head coach??
    Here we go AGAIN! :roll:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I can't help it. Even two weeks after the injury, I can't help but feel that we have a better chance NOW of threatening for the NFCN than we did 3 weeks ago. As much as I have enjoyed watching Culpepper play, I still think that he's not as deep of a QB as we really need. I think the previous system -and previous receivers - made him better than he actually was.

Want proof?

Look at the Career Season stats for Randal Cunningham, Warren Moon, and Jeff George. All three of them had the best single seasons of their careers in Minnesota. We did for QB's what Denver does for RB's.

Now, that system, and the receivers that made it work, is gone. With those losses, we have had to change our style of play...and Daunte couldn't adjust. So, as much as I hate to say it, it might be wise to consider trying to get some value out of Culpepper now, while we can, and seek a Qb that thinks faster on his feet.

As for Tice...I too am one of those who doesn't blame him for our woes. I blame McCombs for bringing in a junky staff. I think Cotrell is one of the WORST DC's in the game, and I don't think Loney is ready to be an OC at all.

We could do worse than to keep Tice and bring in a REAL set of Coordinators (and associated staff)....but we likely won't. Look for Zygi to make a clean sweep of the Coaching staff for next season.

Caine

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    I am one of those 12%. I still firmly believe the majority of the problems lie within Cotrell, Loney & the coaches below them.

Mike still hasn't worked with a good staff of coaches.

As I highlighted in an article I posted, Mike, Cotrell, Loney & the rest of his entire staffs salary combined is less the what 8 different head coaches in the NFL are making.

Doesn't that give you a indication as to the quality of staff he has.

Tice is the lowest paid coach in the nfl (im pretty sure), Doesn't that give you a indication as to the quality of coach he is.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I am one of those 12%. I still firmly believe the majority of the problems lie within Cotrell, Loney & the coaches below them.

As I highlighted in an article I posted, Mike, Cotrell, Loney & the rest of his entire staffs salary combined is less the what 8 different head coaches in the NFL are making.

Tice is the lowest paid coach in the nfl (im pretty sure), Doesn't that give you a indication as to the quality of coach he is.
    Nope. That's all Red was willing to pay. I didn't matter which coach got the job.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Nope. That's all Red was willing to pay. I didn't matter which coach got the job.
    Yeah so Red hired the cheapest coach available (Tice) and the cheapest staff available. You get what you pay for.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Caine - great post dude! I agree completely. Daunte is a playmaker and perhaps a driver of the car - but he is not a winner. Maybe in fantasy games he looks great - but I'll take Tommy Kramer in his prime over Daunte anyday.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Yeah so Red hired the cheapest coach available (Tice) and the cheapest staff available. You get what you pay for.
    Tice was promoted to head coach before the last game of the year & Red kept him as head coach. Had Tice gone 15-1 the next year, Red still would have only paid him 1 million.

If Dungy or Billechek been on the staff back then & Red had made one of them head coach, Red still would have only paid them 1 million.

Alls I'm saying is give Mike a chance with a decent coaching staff & then see what he can or can't do.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Long as he ain't doing shit like scalping tickets again.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

interesting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123