Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

ESPN: Fact or Fiction

Fact or Fiction: Week 6

Daunte Culpepper is the MVP to this point in the season

Mark Schlereth
    Fact: There are a lot of guys who deserve mention so far this season. Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb are having excellent seasons at the quarterback position and deserve mention. At RB, LaDainian Tomlinson is running the Chargers to respectability, while Tiki Barber and Priest Holmes are also putting together excellent seasons. But the class of the NFL resides in Minnesota with Daunte Culpepper. His statistics are amazing. He's completing over 70 percent of his passes, while throwing 13 touchdowns and only one interception. He isn't just throwing the ball to Randy Moss as he's matured and started spreading the ball around to his complementary guys. He doesn't turn the ball over and is leading his team very well.

Joe Theismann
    Fact: Without a question, Culpepper is the front-runner at MVP. He's putting up astronomical numbers right now and is on pace for over 5,000 yards and 52 TDs. While the touchdown numbers will probably come down, I'm pretty sure the yards will stay on pace. His decision-making and game management have improved by leaps and bounds this season. He's spreading the ball around more to guys like Kelly Campbell, Nate Burleson and Marcus Robinson instead of forcing it to Randy Moss all the time. That has cut down on his interceptions, which is why he's only thrown one so far this season while throwing 13 TDs. The amazing part about Culpepper's season is that he's putting up these numbers through the air while he's still on pace to rush for over 400 yards. He's doing a great job making the correct decisions and torching opposing defenses.

I am shocked that Theismann is giving Pep his props!!! I guess that he can't deny the facts. :salute:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

I would have to agree with both of them. Personally, if you can't admit that C-pepp is the best player in the league at this time so far then you are either blind or in denial. Lets hope that he can keep it up.

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

Hey Big Easy, how's things in H-Town? You still going to the NO game?

Oh, yeah I wouldn't miss it for the world. I love any excuse to make another trip to see my good friends in the Big E. By the way, H-town is great right now. Especially if you are a Vikes fan. They did give us a good fight though, so I guess that deserves respect. All is well in the South, but only to get better. I will ask you the same question next month when you are all in your parka's up north. Man, I really don't miss that.

poult is offline Asst. Coach

no doubt about it. he is the MVP so far. whats the last award a viking won? moss and the rookie of the year?
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Culpeppers biggest challenge is 11/8 at Indy. That game is going to be amazing and the winning QB might be the MVP.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"poult" wrote:
    no doubt about it. he is the MVP so far. whats the last award a viking won? moss and the rookie of the year?
    Yes, you are correct. Our last MVP was Tark in 1975. Page in 1971 (the only DT to ever win it).

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Culpeppers biggest challenge is 11/8 at Indy. That game is going to be amazing and the winning QB might be the MVP.
    Nice observation, I hope the vote doesn't come down to one game. Defenses of the lack of may be the biggest part of this game.

You are right though, the media will atleast hype the winner as the MVP.

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    Oh, yeah I wouldn't miss it for the world. I love any excuse to make another trip to see my good friends in the Big E. By the way, H-town is great right now. Especially if you are a Vikes fan. They did give us a good fight though, so I guess that deserves respect. All is well in the South, but only to get better. I will ask you the same question next month when you are all in your parka's up north. Man, I really don't miss that.
    I'm in Northern VA, so parkas might be a bit warm...except when I go snowboarding in southern PA.

Yeah, i was never a geography major? Who NEW, lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast