Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: ESPN article -- "Childress Clams Up"

I think Jon Krawczynski from Associated Press is just pissed because his question wasnt taken :'(
    I'm not sure where the 3 questions answered and then he ran out like a spoiled brat came from? But Singersp posted the press conference it was 10 minutes long and he answer 13 questions ??? ....It seems fair to me :

Del Rio Guest

"PurplePumpkin" wrote:
    I think Jon Krawczynski from Associated Press is just pissed because his question wasnt taken :'(
    I'm not sure where the 3 questions answered and then he ran out like a spoiled brat came from? But Singersp posted the press conference it was 10 minutes long and he answer 13 questions ??? ....It seems fair to me :
    Right after the game coaches usually take time to address the press, both coaches the winner and the loser. Childress boo hood and left after three questions. Maybe he wanted to get back to his team to perform some damage control and try and lift their spirits. Which as a fan is where I would much rather spend his time. Then on Monday they do a conference which is the one Singer posted.

Really I could care less. His time is much better spent with his team then with some sorry ass reporters. I'm sure Childress isn't losing sleep over what a handful of fans think about him cutting an after the game conf short, when his team is probably sick to their stomachs over a gut wrenching loss.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I did notice this weeks press conference he started off by listing injuries. Smart man, is learning from his mistakes.
    He did that last week, as well.
    It was later in the week (I think on Wednesday) when he started getting huffy about the injury reporting.

=Z=
    I didnt know he had already addressed it. If that is the case, then I can't really get down on the guy.
    I happened to be in the car last week on Monday when the press conference came on, so I caught it first hand.
    That's why it was kinda surprising when he had his dust-up later in the week.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I think this whole thing was blown way out of proportion.
    Again, I don't know the entire situation.
    Did he leave because the media was in fact late?
    Or....Did he leave because he didn't want to face the questions?

BCs job as a HC is preparing the team and leading them to as many wins as possible.
    However, as a head coach, part of his job is facing the media.
    Part of the media's job is getting to interviews or press conferences on time.
    So who's fault was it?

The media is notorious for blowing thiings out of proportion as it is.
    What I
    can't believe here is people insulting others that really have nothing to do with this topic.
    Who was it...Braddock that referred to AW as working for McDonalds?
    Come on.
    In the grand scheme of things does it really matter to you one way or another whether or not this guy answers questions to a media?
    Whether or not your opinion is who cares or he should have stayed what's the reasoning for insults?

Del Rio Guest

"ejmat" wrote:

BCs job as a HC is preparing the team and leading them to as many wins as possible.
    So who's fault was it?

What I
    can't believe here is people insulting others that really have nothing to do with this topic.
    Come on.
    In the grand scheme of things does it really matter to you one way or another whether or not this guy answers questions to a media?
    Whether or not your opinion is who cares or he should have stayed what's the reasoning for insults?
    Who says working at Mcdonalds is insulting. I work there and I happen to love it.

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

In that case I'd like a #3 Extra Value meal, large fries, super large Dr. Pepper, and two apple pies!"

Nothing wrong about the fast food business!
    It has been highly successful over the past 50 years and other than contributing to the obesity of American culture, it feeds the needs!
    Of course most of us have worked one time or another in the industry, many of us did so decades ago! :-X

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

So who's fault was it?

What I
    Come on.
    Who says working at Mcdonalds is insulting. I work there and I happen to love it.
    I think how I said that was wrong.
    It was the way the person said it.
    I htink it was something to the effect of "while you're flipping burgers at McDonalds......"
    He said it as an insult.
    I know you don't work there Del Rio but I didn't mean to make it sound like it was a bad thing to anyone that may work there.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"ejmat" wrote:

So who's fault was it?

What I
    Come on.
    Not knowing all the details myself, that was the first thing that went through my head.

He had a press conference and the media was late.
    I would have done the exact same thing myself.
    >

My time is valuable.
    I'm here.
    Your not.
    Now I don't have time for you.
    Be on time and maybe I'll answer your questions . . . atleast the good ones!

I like his style!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456