Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: ESPN article -- "Childress Clams Up"

he's fine, he's recovering from the loss

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Umm....this is me. This is me not caring. Thank you.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "petrodemos" wrote:
    like parcells is always professional in his after loss press conferences...lol
    Parcells is a 2-time Super Bowl-winning coach who is also likely a hall-of-famer.
    And he does sit there and answer the stupid questions, letting the media know he thinks they are stupid.
    Far cry from a newbie-coach who preaches a culture of accountability.

=Z=
    Yeah AW, what's the big frickin deal? He didn't answer questions.... WOO dee doo. Does everyone see how silly this is? Just b/c he didn't more questions, some are ready to hang him. Over questions....... really....... honestly...... This is high school drama and if you want that, then we should have just kept Tice. I'm with Ltrey, who the hell cares?
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "petrodemos" wrote:
    Parcells is a 2-time Super Bowl-winning coach who is also likely a hall-of-famer.
    And he does sit there and answer the stupid questions, letting the media know he thinks they are stupid.

=Z=
    Yeah AW, what's the big frickin deal? He didn't answer questions.... WOO dee doo. Does everyone see how silly this is? Just b/c he didn't more questions, some are ready to hang him. Over questions....... really....... honestly...... This is high school drama and if you want that, then we should have just kept Tice. I'm with Ltrey, who the hell cares?
    He's trying to run a class organization and his first reaction to adversity is to act classless.
    That's *important*.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "petrodemos" wrote:

=Z=
    He's trying to run a class organization and his first reaction to adversity is to act classless.
    That's *important*.

=Z=
    If he doesn't want to talk about it, then he doesn't have to fucking talk about it. It's his first loss, at home, probably the biggest game in our regular season and we had the lead, and we blew it. He probably thought we had it in the bag and let it slip away. Or maybe someone said something to him before he came in. He was probably frustrated, the medai being late made him feel like they really didn't care so he reacted. I've reacted like that before. It happens. Give me a fucking break. Your going to try to negate everything he's done for this team and give him a bad name just b/c he didn't wait around for the media to show up. Maybe he wanted to go talk to the team, we don't know. So unless you have a crystal ball to see what his life and that situation was like for him, then be my guest, critique him, but seeing as you don't have that crystal ball, cut the first time coach with his first big loss a break.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    If he doesn't want to talk about it, then he doesn't have to fricken talk about it. It's his first loss, at home, probably the biggest game in our regular season and we had the lead, and we blew it. He probably thought we had it in the bag and let it slip away. Or maybe someone said something to him before he came in. He was probably frustrated, the medai being late made him feel like they really didn't care so he reacted. I've reacted like that before. It happens. Give me a fricken break. Your going to try to negate everything he's done for this team and give him a bad name just b/c he didn't wait around for the media to show up. Maybe he wanted to go talk to the team, we don't know. So unless you have a crystal ball to see what his life and that situation was like for him, then be my guest, critique him, but seeing as you don't have that crystal ball, cut the first time coach with his first big loss a break.
    Nope.

If he can't take the heat, he shouldn't have taken the job.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    If he doesn't want to talk about it, then he doesn't have to fricken talk about it. It's his first loss, at home, probably the biggest game in our regular season and we had the lead, and we blew it. He probably thought we had it in the bag and let it slip away. Or maybe someone said something to him before he came in. He was probably frustrated, the medai being late made him feel like they really didn't care so he reacted. I've reacted like that before. It happens. Give me a fricken break. Your going to try to negate everything he's done for this team and give him a bad name just b/c he didn't wait around for the media to show up. Maybe he wanted to go talk to the team, we don't know. So unless you have a crystal ball to see what his life and that situation was like for him, then be my guest, critique him, but seeing as you don't have that crystal ball, cut the first time coach with his first big loss a break.
    Nope.

=Z=
    Well then i hope the next time you go to work and have a stressful day and feel like you can't take another big mac order, your boss comes up to you and says "I don't think you can handle it. I'm gonna have to let you go." See how you feel about that. Obviously he can stand the nerves of being a coach. Have we forgotten? 1. ) What team starts off 2-0 with all new coaches, mostly new players and new schemes? Not even the beloved Bud Grant started 2-0.
    2.) WE AREN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE 2-0. We were supposed to lose all three of these first games. And of the first two, they were close and B.C. made the right calls when they counted. Give me a fuckin break. Leave the man alone. He's done more for this organization in the past 3 months than anyone, especially during the Tice era, in a long time. AW, you're starting to sound like the press. One little thing and you're ready to break him down and tear him apart.

Prophet Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    Nope.

=Z=
    That's where you are led astray.
    He does not feel the heat, he recognizes the media for being the idiots that they are.

Del Rio Guest

I think Childress is really screwing himself over with the media. I said last week he wants to be a tight wad over information like injuries then when we start losing he will get hung up to dry.

All in all I think the article was a bit much, sometimes the truth hurts though.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    Nope.

=Z=
    Well then i hope the next time you go to work and have a stressful day and feel like you can't take another big mac order, your boss comes up to you and says "I don't think you can handle it. I'm gonna have to let you go." See how you feel about that. Obviously he can stand the nerves of being a coach. Have we forgotten? 1. ) What team starts off 2-0 with all new coaches, mostly new players and new schemes? Not even the beloved Bud Grant started 2-0.
    2.) WE AREN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE 2-0. We were supposed to lose all three of these first games. And of the first two, they were close and B.C. made the right calls when they counted. Give me a fricken break. Leave the man alone. He's done more for this organization in the past 3 months than anyone, especially during the Tice era, in a long time. AW, you're starting to sound like the press. One little thing and you're ready to break him down and tear him apart.
    In aoll fairness to AW I don't think he's saying BC is a bad coach or has done a bad job.
    His opinion is, BC should have stayed and taken the heat.
    Has nothing to do with his calls.

Everyone makes a bad call here or there.
    Last week if the fake FG didn't work how many people would be saying how stupid that was.
    It worked so now he's a genius.
    As far as the last pass is concerned I thought that was a great idea to catch the defense off guard.
    It didn't work so we pay the price and lose the game.
    Other calls I question is running the ball on 3rd and 7 instead of passing.
    I even questioned the call when MeMo got the first down.
    That was all Memo.
    However, none of us have that crystal ball you are talking about Braddock.
    Therefore it's hard to say one way or another.
    As a head coach I htink he should have stayed to answer the questions.
    That's just me.
    BC has his reasoning and I respect that.
    However, it is part of the HC job.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast