Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I particularly liked this quote. Guy's gotta dream.
    You mean like Ray Edwards?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MossMems is offline Rookie
    Erin's main claim to fame was being EJ's brother. He never stood out with speed, tackles or coverage. He wasn't cut simply because they didn't want to cut both Jasper and Erin at the same time I think, and leave us with just Greenway. I hope Cole puts up a good fight, I see Erin as being worse then then Jasper was if that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MossMems View Post
    Erin's main claim to fame was being EJ's brother. He never stood out with speed, tackles or coverage. He wasn't cut simply because they didn't want to cut both Jasper and Erin at the same time I think, and leave us with just Greenway. I hope Cole puts up a good fight, I see Erin as being worse then then Jasper was if that's possible.
    Jasper wasn't that bad or as bad as people make him out to be. He had 97 tackles & 3 forced fumbles last year. Not bad for his first year starting 15 games.

MossMems is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Jasper wasn't that bad or as bad as people make him out to be. He had 97 tackles & 3 forced fumbles last year. Not bad for his first year starting 15 games.
    So why was he let go, without a replacement lined up? And he played MLB before that, just didn't start out playing MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by MossMems View Post
    So why was he let go, without a replacement lined up? And he played MLB before that, just didn't start out playing MLB.
    I don't think he played MLB before last season, certainly very little if he had.

Jasper Brinkley NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

He wasn't let go, he was a FA & they chose not to re-sign him. My guess is because the plan was to take a top WR & Teo or another top MLB in the draft with one of their early picks, but with Floyd dropping to the Vikings at #23 & Rhodes still there at #25, the Vikings took them & then went after who they originally intended on taking with their first pick & that was Patterson.

They gave up a lot for him, considering the value teams were getting with their picks & didn't get to pick up a LB until there next pick which was in round 4.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Can Erin Henderson cover the pipe?

E.J. had trouble with that coverage, and I did not see great cover skills from Erin over the last couple seasons.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Ray Edwards LOL? Yeah I'd say he's right about the no respect thing. In a contract year, he was the most underrated player available according to Pro Football Focus. "Dominant" against the run was their term. Top 5 for OLBs. He played badly in injury time, but he is still one of the best run stopping LBs in the league. If he can learn pass coverage at all he could be a great fill-in at the Mike. He is definitely our best option. I'm looking forward to him proving everyone wrong this year.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12