Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Erin Henderson

AF_Viking Guest

Erin Henderson

Noooo... Re-signed a below average linebacker according to Tom's Twitter.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully we draft a guy who makes him obsolete.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    If this is true, this is Spielman's MO big time. Go with average to below average players because they are cheap while every other team pays for good players that will significantly help their teams. Sure we can have another good draft, but what are the chances that we can draft a LB or two, a DB or two, a WR or four, and have them all contribute? The answer is none.

I was all for the Harvin trade as long as Spielman brought in other weapons, so far that doesn't look likely and all we keep hearing from the idiot is how he likes to build through the draft. So it looks like all of our help next year has to be put squarely on the shoulders of a bunch of rookies and second year players.

That is only half the problem. Outside of Harrison Smith, our backfield sucks. If you are starting a AJ Jefferson and Chris Cook as our CB's, that is horrible. Who will start opposite Smith at Safety? Sanford? He is ok, but no shutdown safety. Who will start opposite Greenway at LB? Henderson if he is back? Big f'n whoop.

We think Ponder sucks now, wait until next season when there are no real WR's on this team and every team stacks the line big time to stop AD. Funny how a year after your team shocks the NFL with getting to 10 wins, a playoff spot, and your RB winning MVP, that they decide to go into rebuild mode.

That is exactly what this team is doing. They will say that they expect to compete, but when they don't, they will make the excuse that they are a young team that needs time together. I can just see it now. Fans of this team deserve more, the players like Allen and AD deserve more. I'm sure glad that I don't live in Minnesota and being swindled into helping pay for that stadium. This team doesn't deserve a new stadium, but look at the bright side, when the new stadium comes, a SB will follow, just the Vikings won't be playing in it.

As you can tell, I am just fed up with the direction of this team. Sick of talent being wasted, sick of supporting a pathetic franchise that can't deliver for their fans, sick of living in Green Bay and taking shit all the time from my buddies who are all Packer fans. Everything they say is true, the Vikings are a franchise that just doesn't know how to run things, thus will never win a SB. Hope things change, but all it looks like is that Spielman is getting rid of all the playmakers and either resigning useless players, or relying way to much on a draft all the time. He is blowing this team up, and like it or not, the Vikings are going backwards.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post

As you can tell, I am just fed up with the direction of this team. Sick of talent being wasted, sick of supporting a pathetic franchise that can't deliver for their fans, sick of living in Green Bay and taking shit all the time from my buddies who are all Packer fans. Everything they say is true, the Vikings are a franchise that just doesn't know how to run things, thus will never win a SB. Hope things change, but all it looks like is that Spielman is getting rid of all the playmakers and either resigning useless players, or relying way to much on a draft all the time. He is blowing this team up, and like it or not, the Vikings are going backwards.
    +1 brother

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    If this is true, this is Spielman's MO big time. Go with average to below average players because they are cheap while every other team pays for good players that will significantly help their teams. Sure we can have another good draft, but what are the chances that we can draft a LB or two, a DB or two, a WR or four, and have them all contribute? The answer is none.

I was all for the Harvin trade as long as Spielman brought in other weapons, so far that doesn't look likely and all we keep hearing from the idiot is how he likes to build through the draft. So it looks like all of our help next year has to be put squarely on the shoulders of a bunch of rookies and second year players.

That is only half the problem. Outside of Harrison Smith, our backfield sucks. If you are starting a AJ Jefferson and Chris Cook as our CB's, that is horrible. Who will start opposite Smith at Safety? Sanford? He is ok, but no shutdown safety. Who will start opposite Greenway at LB? Henderson if he is back? Big f'n whoop.

We think Ponder sucks now, wait until next season when there are no real WR's on this team and every team stacks the line big time to stop AD. Funny how a year after your team shocks the NFL with getting to 10 wins, a playoff spot, and your RB winning MVP, that they decide to go into rebuild mode.

That is exactly what this team is doing. They will say that they expect to compete, but when they don't, they will make the excuse that they are a young team that needs time together. I can just see it now. Fans of this team deserve more, the players like Allen and AD deserve more. I'm sure glad that I don't live in Minnesota and being swindled into helping pay for that stadium. This team doesn't deserve a new stadium, but look at the bright side, when the new stadium comes, a SB will follow, just the Vikings won't be playing in it.

Wow man you need to go have a beer and relax for a minute. We are seven hours into free agency for fucks sake.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Haven`t seen what we paid fr him. He played OK last year, if the contract was in line with his talent I have no problem with signing a 2 year deal. MLB is the position I would like to see upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Wow man you need to go have a beer and relax for a minute. We are seven hours into free agency for fucks sake.
    Think we will replace Harvin's skills or Winfield's leadership and numbers from a year ago? I highly doubt it. Especially when Spielman is talking about drafting 5 more starters for next season. As I said before, I am ok with getting rid of both of those guys as long as they bring in players that will improve this team, and it doesn't sound like that is happening. He is doing his usual routine of throwing liquid shit against the wall and praying like hell it sticks. Sometimes it has worked for him, and other times it hasn't. The draft last year was good with Kalil, Smith, and Wright, but you won't get that every year, yet he is dead set on trying to do it whether that means passing up on free agents that can help us or not.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    I'd rather have EJ....

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    When did we stop rebuilding so we could say we started rebuilding again?

We started rebuilding in 2006 & haven't stopped.

People claimed we were rebuilding in 2011 when Frazier took over & we drafted Ponder.

Then they claimed we were rebuilding in 2012 when Spielman took over.

Now there are people claiming we are rebuilding again in 2013.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast