Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eric Kelly

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Eric Kelly

"purplepat" wrote:
    Frankly, I've never thought much of Azumah as a cover guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly wind up as a starter in Chicago during Azumah's absence. At the very least, he should be pretty familiar with covering the Vikings WRs.

Common knowlegde that our cornerbacks last year could not cover our receivers in practice (has been mentioned in numerous articles in the last month). and with Kelly being our 4th best corner last year it does not bode well for the Bears if they have to start Kelly.

Which brings me back to my original point:
    "I just hope Kelly starts and they have him man on man covering Moss (200 yards and 3 TD's)."
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Eric Kelly

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "purplepat" wrote:
    Frankly, I've never thought much of Azumah as a cover guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly wind up as a starter in Chicago during Azumah's absence. At the very least, he should be pretty familiar with covering the Vikings WRs.

Common knowlegde that our cornerbacks last year could not cover our receivers in practice (has been mentioned in numerous articles in the last month). and with Kelly being our 4th best corner last year it does not bode well for the Bears if they have to start Kelly.

Which brings me back to my original point:
    "I just hope Kelly starts and they have him man on man covering Moss (200 yards and 3 TD's)."

It sounds like kelly will be playing nickel CB, since RW McQuarters will now move into azumah's starting spot. I can't wait for us to play them. I know he won't be able to cover burleson, howry, or cambell, since that was the reason why he was demoted before we cut him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12