PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Erasmus James motivated by latest season-ending knee surgery

He had injury problems in College too. Man, that sucks for James. :'(

ALL DAY!!!

Purple D is offline Starter

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I am sure there will be a few James fans out there who are gonna disagree with me, however, for the benifit of the team, IMHO it is time to cut your losses here and use his salary and roster spot on a vet that will get us double digit sacks.

If they do that and keep the guys we have (Edwards, Robison, Keneche, Grisby etc) we will have an immediate improvement in our pass rush and shorten the time this D (although it is getting better) is on the field.

So long Erasmus.
    I had such high hopes for ya.
    :'(

Yes, very disappointing for both James and the Vikes. How about Jason Taylor...I'm sure Miami will look to unload him as part of their rebuilding process. He's still a force...if not for a few more years.
    Jason Taylor would be a great pick up for us.
    He is a beast and has
    a few good years left in him.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I am sure there will be a few James fans out there who are gonna disagree with me, however, for the benifit of the team, IMHO it is time to cut your losses here and use his salary and roster spot on a vet that will get us double digit sacks.

If they do that and keep the guys we have (Edwards, Robison, Keneche, Grisby etc) we will have an immediate improvement in our pass rush and shorten the time this D (although it is getting better) is on the field.

So long Erasmus.
    I had such high hopes for ya.
    :'(

Yes, very disappointing for both James and the Vikes. How about Jason Taylor...I'm sure Miami will look to unload him as part of their rebuilding process. He's still a force...if not for a few more years.
    I posted his name in a thread a couple of times yesterday and that was before the Tuna info came out.

I think he would be a good fit even though he has 11 years of wear and tear.
    We have a great supporting cast so he could get less reps, he is still pretty damn productive and he would give our D a double digit sack artist.

I also bet we could get him at a reasonable price say a second or third roungs.
    Spielman should start working his magic now and then get Bryzcheapski onboard for a decent contract.

I think his is current contract is a 2004, 45 mil, 4 year contract or something like that.

Sorry I missed those. And yes, I agree...a couple of later round picks, plus Miami can shed some $.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12