Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Erasmus James motivated by latest season-ending knee surgery

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' Erasmus James motivated by latest season-ending knee surgery[/size]

Vikings defensive end says he's not a bust despite another season-ending surgery

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/20/2007 12:09:31 AM CST

Despite another setback to his knee, Vikings defensive end Erasmus James said he's more motivated than ever to return next season.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Erasmus James motivated by latest season-ending knee surgery

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings' Erasmus James motivated by latest season-ending knee surgery[/size]

Vikings defensive end says he's not a bust despite another season-ending surgery

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/20/2007 12:09:31 AM CST

Despite another setback to his knee, Vikings defensive end Erasmus James said he's more motivated than ever to return next season.....

I guess we will wait and see.
    Everyone calls Williamson a bust.
    IMO James is more of a bust than he is at this point.
    Hopefully next year he will be ready and provide that depth at DE.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I am sure there will be a few James fans out there who are gonna disagree with me, however, for the benifit of the team, IMHO it is time to cut your losses here and use his salary and roster spot on a vet that will get us double digit sacks.

If they do that and keep the guys we have (Edwards, Robison, Keneche, Grisby etc) we will have an immediate improvement in our pass rush and shorten the time this D (although it is getting better) is on the field.

So long Erasmus.
    I had such high hopes for ya.
    :'(

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I am sure there will be a few James fans out there who are gonna disagree with me, however, for the benifit of the team, IMHO it is time to cut your losses here and use his salary and roster spot on a vet that will get us double digit sacks.

If they do that and keep the guys we have (Edwards, Robison, Keneche, Grisby etc) we will have an immediate improvement in our pass rush and shorten the time this D (although it is getting better) is on the field.

So long Erasmus.

I can't agree with you more Marrdro.
    His health is a major concern.
    Every year I read an article about how motivated he is to come back.
    Every year he plays minimally and gets hurt again.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

So long Erasmus.

You won't hurt my feelings Marrdro, I said at the begining of the this season this guy was a wash up.....He just never healed right, and I believe is injurey was much more comlicated than we where ever ment to know about.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

That sucks!
    Seeing some of the video of him at Wisconson made me think he was a beast.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I feel like we've been over this before...

Twice.
    -Sno

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    I feel like we've been over this before...

Twice.
    Yup.

I think most of us agreed to let him go.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

So long Erasmus.

Yes, very disappointing for both James and the Vikes. How about Jason Taylor...I'm sure Miami will look to unload him as part of their rebuilding process. He's still a force...if not for a few more years.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

So long Erasmus.

Yes, very disappointing for both James and the Vikes. How about Jason Taylor...I'm sure Miami will look to unload him as part of their rebuilding process. He's still a force...if not for a few more years.
    I posted his name in a thread a couple of times yesterday and that was before the Tuna info came out.

I think he would be a good fit even though he has 11 years of wear and tear.
    We have a great supporting cast so he could get less reps, he is still pretty damn productive and he would give our D a double digit sack artist.

I also bet we could get him at a reasonable price say a second or third roungs.
    Spielman should start working his magic now and then get Bryzcheapski onboard for a decent contract.

I think his is current contract is a 2004, 45 mil, 4 year contract or something like that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast