Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:eRally going on NOW! SaveTheVikes.org

Just sent mine off!!

I modified mine being an out of country Vikes fan (Canadian)

The honest truth I would never go to Minnesota if the Vikings moved. No offense its just I live in a cold climate so when a vacation opportunity occurs its nice to head somewhere tropical.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Sent.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

NodakPaul wrote:
    Today is the day that SaveTheVikes.org is holding their eRally. The goal is to bombard state elected officials with emails about the stadium all day today.

Go to http://www.savethevikes.org/erally/ to find you representative and get a copy of the prepared eRally letter.

Out of state fans - there is a letter for you as well, which you can send to the governor.

Let's make our voices heard!
    You can continue to use their automatic e-mail to send a note to the Minnesota legislators through the end of today.

Get on it!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Florida representin' !!! Sent~~

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Zeus wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Today is the day that SaveTheVikes.org is holding their eRally. The goal is to bombard state elected officials with emails about the stadium all day today.

Go to http://www.savethevikes.org/erally/ to find you representative and get a copy of the prepared eRally letter.

Out of state fans - there is a letter for you as well, which you can send to the governor.

You can continue to use their automatic e-mail to send a note to the Minnesota legislators through the end of today.

Get on it!

=Z=
    If I do this am I a troll or just a spammer?
    Wouldn't it make more sense to send one letter with everybodies name on it? Atleast then somebody "might" read it.
    Oh, and the metrodome is not delapidated, it's as good as the day it was built(actually better, they improved the turf).

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:

Get on it!

=Z=
    Wouldn't it make more sense to send one letter with everybodies name on it? Atleast then somebody "might" read it.
    Oh, and the metrodome is not delapidated, it's as good as the day it was built(actually better, they improved the turf).
    You are not a troll or a spammer. The effort isn't to actually get the emails read, but instead it is an effort to show widespread support. It is a fairly commonly strategy used by lobbiest groups.

And the metrodome does have ongoing maintenance problems. Remember the over flow of human waste on the first level during the final home game of 2007?

But maintenance issues aside, the dome's real problem is that it is outdated - just like it was the day it was built. Instead of building for future expectations, Minnesota constructed a stadium that met only the minimum standards at the time of construction. So it is no surprise that we are looking for a new one after 30 years. Hopefully this time we build one that can last longer.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Done!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

NodakPaul wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:

Get on it!

=Z=
    You are not a troll or a spammer. The effort isn't to actually get the emails read, but instead it is an effort to show widespread support. It is a fairly commonly strategy used by lobbiest groups.

And the metrodome does have ongoing maintenance problems. Remember the over flow of human waste on the first level during the final home game of 2007?

But maintenance issues aside, the dome's real problem is that it is outdated - just like it was the day it was built. Instead of building for future expectations, Minnesota constructed a stadium that met only the minimum standards at the time of construction. So it is no surprise that we are looking for a new one after 30 years. Hopefully this time we build one that can last longer.
    Mass unsolicited emails is spamming.
    One problem 3 years ago does not qualify the dome as dilapidated.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:

Get on it!

=Z=

Mass unsolicited emails is spamming.
    One problem 3 years ago does not qualify the dome as dilapidated.
    Actually, it is NOT spam. According to Supreme Court of Washington State (thus far the only legal entity to define it), Spam is defined as follows:

"The term 'spam' refers broadly to unsolicited bulk e-mail (or 'junk' e-mail'), which 'can be either commercial (such as an advertisement) or noncommercial (such as a joke or chain letter).'"

The two parts to look at are "unsolicited" and "bulk". The governor and the state legislators solicit email on their respective web sites. In fact both the official site of the Minnesota Governor and the official site of the Minnesota Legislative Branch encourage constituents and interested parties to email them in response to issues facing the state.

Also, I didn't send any bulk emails. I sent a single one. So did approximately 20,000 other people by this afternoon's estimates. Bulk email would be one entity emailing 20k addresses, not 20k entities emailing one.

This is no different than the special interest groups that call to get your opinion on a matter, and then offer to connect you to the voicemail of your representative so you can leave a voice mail regarding that issue. Again, the intent isn't for anyone to listen to all of the voicemails. The intent is to innundate the voicemail box with a large number of voicemails to show wide spread support.

A single email with a list of names, as you suggested, would be a petition. And online petitions are, well, pretty much worthless.

Finally, I gave you one example of the maintenance problems the doe experiences. There are also multiple instances of credit card processing failing in the concession stands because of internet failures, heating and cooling failures, etc. But it is moot anyway because I agreed with you - it isn't dilapidated. Run down? Sure, but it still serves its purpose. The problem with the metrodome isn't the condition it is in, it is the fact that it was outdated from its very inception. It was barely adequete for NFL purposed in 1982. It simply isn't even close in 2010.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12