Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63
  1. #1
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Envisioning The New Viking Offense

    Envisioning the New Viking Offense - Daily Norseman

    Pretty good read, kinda long, looking deep into Turner's past offenses, how they worked when well staffed, and how they didn't while missing a few pieces...

    Looks like a pretty damn good fit from my perspective. We can only hope it fits as well on the field as on paper, eh!?!! And, they stay healthy enough to pull it off consistently!

    SKOL VIKINGS!!!

    PS: I hope they do a similar article on the defense, as I've started making some assumptions by reading between the lines there and I wonder if more research will agree with me...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  2. #2
    purplehelmut's Avatar
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central WV
    Posts
    467
    Sounds good. Hopefully it will work out that way on the field. It has to be better than that boring crap we've been running.

  3. #3
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    That's why I wanted us to select a big WR like Brandon Coleman. We really don't have a big deep ball guy. Patterson is exciting but he doesn't play like a deep ball guy just yet. Someone similar in skilset to Vincent Jackson and Even M. Floyd.

  4. #4
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    That's why I wanted us to select a big WR like Brandon Coleman. We really don't have a big deep ball guy. Patterson is exciting but he doesn't play like a deep ball guy just yet. Someone similar in skilset to Vincent Jackson and Even M. Floyd.
    Sticking with former Chargers wideouts... Danario Alexander is only 25 and a FA. Granted, he's coming off of a torn ACL. Might be worth signing if nothing more than a camp body.

    In 10 games during the 2012 season, Alexander had 658 yards and 7 TD's. And he's 6'5".

    That's all I got.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #5
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Sticking with former Chargers wideouts... Danario Alexander is only 25 and a FA. Granted, he's coming off of a torn ACL. Might be worth signing if nothing more than a camp body.

    In 10 games during the 2012 season, Alexander had 658 yards and 7 TD's. And he's 6'5".

    That's all I got.
    I noticed his name on lists before as well and I was shocked that nobody has scooped him up. I felt like he was about to really take the next step. Clearly San Diego decided that was not the case ... so maybe that is the reason for pause.

    I would have no problem with them bringing him in though and seeing what he has in the tank.

  6. #6
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I noticed his name on lists before as well and I was shocked that nobody has scooped him up. I felt like he was about to really take the next step. Clearly San Diego decided that was not the case ... so maybe that is the reason for pause.

    I would have no problem with them bringing him in though and seeing what he has in the tank.
    He was also a track star in college, so his knees have a ton of wear. Read an article awhile back about how he had a horrific knee injury back in college and had 5 surgeries on the same knee since then... the same knee he blew-out last year.

    Still though, why not sign him just to be a camp body? The worst that happens is we cut him and he's right back where he is now.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #7
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    That's why I wanted us to select a big WR like Brandon Coleman. We really don't have a big deep ball guy. Patterson is exciting but he doesn't play like a deep ball guy just yet. Someone similar in skilset to Vincent Jackson and Even M. Floyd.
    He was never ask to be that guy, lets just relax and see what Norv is going to do with offense before we dissect it and find its faults. We may have this discussion next year after we see what Norv is going to do with all of our offensive players.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  8. #8
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496
    We also have a guy named Greg Jennings that is pretty good... he started putting up some numbers when we got Ponder off the field. He's still a playmaker and could be that big deep-threat we're looking for.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #9
    rockymtdan's Avatar
    rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Penrose Co 81240
    Posts
    133
    The good old days of 30plus points a game.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

  10. #10
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    We also have a guy named Greg Jennings that is pretty good... he started putting up some numbers when we got Ponder off the field. He's still a playmaker and could be that big deep-threat we're looking for.
    Yeah ... I think people forget that Greg Jennings is still a very good NFL receiver that had fantastic numbers working with Cassel last season.

    I think we are in decent shape at WR, especially if Wright can continue to progress. I would love one capable big body though.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •