Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enough Gloom

Yankee Viking is offline Waterboy

Re: Enough Gloom

"Del" wrote:
    "RC_Freak" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    2-1 in the NFC is right where we want to be no doubt. The key for us is to get 2 good wins before the bye, play the pats hard. Denver showed last night they can be stopped.

Then go from there, cheer for the hawks to beat the bears so bad that they have a lapse in production.
    I'm looking forward to that game, cause i've been a Pats fan for about 10 years now, and it will be nice to see Maroney agian
    The Broncos shut the run down completely. It was a pleasure to watch the Pats struggle. I assume we wont see that every week, but to see they are mortal is nice.
    I get the CT CBS so I get to watch the Pats every week, and they weren't to hot in the first two weeks.
    We can take them.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    2-1 in the NFC is right where we want to be no doubt. The key for us is to get 2 good wins before the bye, play the pats hard. Denver showed last night they can be stopped.
    The Patsies looked *horrid* last night.
    As bad as I've seen them in the Tom Brady era.
    They are definitely not the big dog in the AFC this season.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

We gotta get through Buffalo & Detroit 1st, then Seattle. After that we take on the Pats. The Seattle game is going to be tough. Hopefully we can go into that game 4-1

I was impressed with the Vikings defense and I thought they did what they had to in order to win the game. A mistake at the end of the game ...

The Bears are one tough opponent. Seattle is the other top NFC team, so I expected a close game and I'm glad the Bears did not dominate the Vikings.

If the Vikings keep playing the way they have the first three weeks, they will be able to play the Bears tough in Chicago. A lot of good football coming up.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    There is no reason to be upset!We stole onr from the panthers (which we should not have won)and the bears stole one from us but we went 2-1 in the toughest part of our schedule!Also antoine winfield is building an early case for the probowl.....
    See my AW post here:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=149&topic=27662.ne w#new

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Slade" wrote:
    We gotta get through Buffalo & Detroit 1st, then Seattle. After that we take on the Pats. The Seattle game is going to be tough. Hopefully we can go into that game 4-1
    yeah.. and remember buffalo right now has been the silent surprise in the league - believe it or not, they've been playing pretty well, and running the ball very well.
    hopefully we continue our 3 week streak of basically shutting down the run, that will be key.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Einar is offline Rookie

Folks, its not about being 2-1 or 3-0.
    Obviously any Vikings fan would have said they would take 2-1 at this point if asked before the season started.

The problem is that when you have an opportunity to win a home game against the front runner in your division you have to make the most of it and the Vikings clearly didn't do that.
    Its not "gloom" its reality without the spin.
    Losing to a divisional opponent is like 2 losses...which is OK if your goal is to merely make the playoffs.
    I hope the team has higher aspirations than that.
    This division can be won by the Vikings IMO...now its a tougher task.

SKOL VIKES!
    I was brain-washed as a child into becoming a Viking fan in Ohio of all places.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Sports Illustrated's Peter King had this to say about the Vikes in his "Fine Fifteen":

"11. Minnesota (2-1). I know they lost, but they're growing a very good defense up there in Minnesota."

D@mn skippy, Pete...
    -Sno

All things being said about the game yesterday, there is A LOT more respect for the Minnesota Vikings across the league especially in Chicago.
    We all feel terrible today because we had a bitter rival in a near check-mate scenario and watched it slip away.

Dont think for a second that all the CHI fans dont recognize how fortunate they are to get out of the dome with a win.
    I dont care what is said about Grossman or the Bears D in the media.
    Real fans and the players and coaches all know that the Bears got the ball to bounce thier way at the right time.

Personally I think that you will see an even more resillient team, and the bright side for this group of Vikings lies down the road.........watch as this group develops over the remainder of the year.
    The best is yet to come!!

SKOL

PS dont let the Bears fans continue to rile you up, as I posted last week they are just arrogant (d*&k) fans!!
    I have the guts to say good game on their part but they couldnt give us the same accolades.

The Bears have a had a few years jump on the Vikings with their latest coach and it shows.

The Vikings are not an established organization like the Bears, Seahawks, Steelers, or Patriots.

I am glad to see them off to a good start and giving this season a chance unlike last year's awful start that put the Vikes in a position to hope for a Wildcard at best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12