Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Enough complaints. Lets talk soultions!

I would like us to sign Eric Johnson.
    He is
    everything shank is but with hands.
    He is slower though

"kevoncox" wrote:
    What can be done to change this team around. We cant fire childress or bench TJ. So what can we do?

1) Hire an Offensive play caller. Billick, Kiffen - They should be able to take the players we have and create a better
    2) Bring in a Qb to compete with TJ. Culpepper or Garcia!
    3) Sign Koren Robinson or Charles Rogers: Rice is hurt and will be miss games.
    4) Fix the kick and punt return game. Gordon isn't the answer. CT shouldn't be returning kicks.

Any real ideas besides Fire Childress.
    I don't like the idea of bringing in a play caller.
    Childress would never do it, and so it would be Wilf saying the coach is about to walk the plank.
    That's not going to keep the players on board.

As to (2), I actually wouldn't mind seeing Garcia here, but it's probably not a smart long-term move.
    I'm just frustrated right now and it would at least be exciting.

Other than that, I have to agree that Allison should be starting based on the production that I've seen.
    Same with Mills.
    Sooner or later you need to get the guys that aren't getting it done out and see if the other guys can turn spot efforts into entire games.

We need to run the ball more with our running backs on third-and-short.
    We also need to grow a pair and go for it on fourth down a few times, especially when we have fourth-and-short from the opponents forty.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

ragz is offline GM

this is what scares me about the vikes.
    i think childress has to change his mindset and he hasn't in 3 years.
    it took us going 3-6 last year before he started changing things.
    if a solution is gonna be found, its gotta be childress junking some of what he thinks we are and start playing towards the talents we have.
    playing conservatively and trying to win with defense has not worked for us all 3 years.
    its time to start being a little aggressive and deal with the consequences of any mistakes taht are made
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    What can be done to change this team around. We cant fire childress or bench TJ. So what can we do?

1) Hire an Offensive play caller. Billick, Kiffen - They should be able to take the players we have and create a better
    4) Fix the kick and punt return game. Gordon isn't the answer. CT shouldn't be returning kicks.

There is no solution that will help us win this year. We continue with this team and get as many W's as possible.

1. We can't change our playbook mid-season.
    2. No QB would be able to compete with a QB who knows our offense, they might be ready by week 6. (Brett still doesn't really know the jets offense)
    3. We won't sign anyone with Character issues, these guys are chumps anyways. Allison should see more playing time anyways IMO.
    4. Our return game didn't really hurt us today. The only time it hurt us was when they downed the ball at the 2 on a punt, but you can't really blame the returner for that.

We can wait to the season is over and fire chilly, TJ goes with him. Probably the quickest fix.

I'm not saying Change playbooks. Have someone with a proven offensive mindset look over our play books and call the plays.

When is it ok to say....the return game didn't hurt us? It's not suppose to hurt us. being Mediocre is not good enough.

Chester will have ok returns but will never break 1. He will get us to the 30 -35 sometimes but not much further than that.

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

I think we are just going to have to sit through another near-miss of the playoffs, and hopefully Stafford or Tebow slips to us in the draft. This team doesn't deserve Adrian Peterson. I feel sorry for the guy. Hate to beat a dead horse here, but this quarterback and coaching staff just flat doesn't cut it. There is nothing we can do to fix that, unless some players really play out of their mind to finish at .500, and Zygi will keep the crew around for the same thing next year.
    Retired 12/21/08

buliwyf is offline Training Camp

Nothing wrong with complaining; it's why people come here: to vent after a frustrating loss. No one from Viking's management or coaching stuff is checking here for solutions. We should be talking solutions, yes. It's fun. But complaining is o.k. too... and therapeutic.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

There is no solution that will help us win this year. We continue with this team and get as many W's as possible.

1. We can't change our playbook mid-season.
    2. No QB would be able to compete with a QB who knows our offense, they might be ready by week 6. (Brett still doesn't really know the jets offense)
    3. We won't sign anyone with Character issues, these guys are chumps anyways. Allison should see more playing time anyways IMO.
    4. Our return game didn't really hurt us today. The only time it hurt us was when they downed the ball at the 2 on a punt, but you can't really blame the returner for that.

We can wait to the season is over and fire chilly, TJ goes with him. Probably the quickest fix.

I'm not saying Change playbooks. Have someone with a proven offensive mindset look over our play books and call the plays.

When is it ok to say....the return game didn't hurt us? It's not suppose to hurt us. being Mediocre is not good enough.

Chester will have ok returns but will never break 1. He will get us to the 30 -35 sometimes but not much further than that.
    I wouldn't say a KR would be the solution to our scoring woes. Unless we can swing a trade for Hester or Cribbs we aren't going to get an abnormal amount of ST yardage. Plus we do have someone with the ability to break one in Allison.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I'm tired of saying it... so I'm not going to.

But anyone who disagrees with me is blind... or a moron.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:

Here's the problem with that first solution.

In my very humble opinion....I think quarterbacks make coaches look good.

Supposedly Chilly was a "QB guru" and an "Offensive genius" when he was hired. That has certainly NOT panned out. Billick coached the greatest offense in the history of the NFL (until last year) and his offenses were TERRIBLE in Baltimore. Kiffen....really? I feel like he hasn't done much.

IMO, a coaches rep does not make his area of expertise great. Dungy was supposedly a great defensive coach, and his Indy defenses have struggled. Billick = Failure on offense as a HC. Childress...same thing. Marvin Lewis has had TERRIBLE defenses in Cinci.

IMO, personnel and performance make a coach. Look at Belichick....his record with Tom Brady is OVERWHELMINGLY better than his record without him.

So that leads me to this: There is only one solution to our problem. Change the personnel. A coaching change is probably necessary too.....but our offense will only be healed when we get some playmakers at receiver and ESPECIALLY at quarterback. TJ is a failed experiment.....we need someone new. (and that may not come for quite a while)

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    I'm tired of saying it... so I'm not going to.

But anyone who disagrees with me is blind... or a silly guy.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast