Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Enough complaints. Lets talk soultions!

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I know what you mean about Cowher and I like him as much as anybody, but can you remember back to his early days as a coach and his love affair with the kordell Stewart project and how he kept him in there past the point every other person in the USA had said he was a waste?

That situation is not much different than what we have now. Hell, maybe they will line TJ up as a split WR against Carolina.

At any rate Cowhers fortunes really changed when his QB went down and he had to put in a Rookie QB nobody had heard of and the rest is history.

So in reality would he really be the best coach to come in here and change what we have when it is so similar to what he did in the past and isn't there a chance that with the right QB Childress could have the same success?
    You my friend are wise beyond your years.
    That is a spin on ole Squared Jawed One that I didn't think of.

;D
    Didn't Cowher take the Steelers to the Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnell as the QB?
    It's not as if he sucked donkeys as the coach before The Helmetless Wonder took over behind center.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I know what you mean about Cowher and I like him as much as anybody, but can you remember back to his early days as a coach and his love affair with the kordell Stewart project and how he kept him in there past the point every other person in the USA had said he was a waste?

That situation is not much different than what we have now. Hell, maybe they will line TJ up as a split WR against Carolina.

At any rate Cowhers fortunes really changed when his QB went down and he had to put in a Rookie QB nobody had heard of and the rest is history.

So in reality would he really be the best coach to come in here and change what we have when it is so similar to what he did in the past and isn't there a chance that with the right QB Childress could have the same success?

;D
    Didn't Cowher take the Steelers to the Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnell as the QB?
    It's not as if he sucked donkeys as the coach before The Helmetless Wonder took over behind center.

=Z=
    Damn you again.

;D

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Personnel aside, Cowher knows how to coach a team to victory. Childress simply gives us stupid penalties, wasted timeouts, wasted challenges and piss-poor play calling.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

;D
    Damn you again.

;D
    LOL!
    Fuck the man!
    Power to the people!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    Personnel aside, Cowher knows how to coach a team to victory. Childress simply gives us stupid penalties, wasted timeouts, wasted challenges and piss-poor play calling.
    Lets not forget to tell the whole story when it comes to the Square Jawed One and his exploits.....

From our friends at wiki...

He became the fifteenth head coach in Steelers history when he replaced Chuck Noll on January 21, 1992 – but only the second head coach since the NFL merger in 1970. Under Cowher, the Steelers showed an immediate improvement from the disappointing 7-9 season the year before, going 11-5 and earning home field advantage in the AFC after the Steelers had missed the playoffs six times out of the previous seven years. In 1995, at age 38, he became the youngest coach to lead his team to a Super Bowl. Cowher is only the second coach in NFL history to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first six seasons as head coach, joining Pro Football Hall of Fame member Paul Brown.

In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances. He is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least seven division titles.
    Sometimes a coach does need a little bit of time to get it right.
    Unless your a Vikings HC I guess.
    ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cowher
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Lets not forget to tell the whole story when it comes to the Square Jawed One and his exploits.....

From our friends at wiki...

He became the fifteenth head coach in Steelers history when he replaced Chuck Noll on January 21, 1992 – but only the second head coach since the NFL merger in 1970. Under Cowher, the Steelers showed an immediate improvement from the disappointing 7-9 season the year before, going 11-5 and earning home field advantage in the AFC after the Steelers had missed the playoffs six times out of the previous seven years. In 1995, at age 38, he became the youngest coach to lead his team to a Super Bowl. Cowher is only the second coach in NFL history to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first six seasons as head coach, joining Pro Football Hall of Fame member Paul Brown.

In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances. He is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least seven division titles.
    Sometimes a coach does need a little bit of time to get it right.
    Unless your a Vikings HC I guess.

;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cowher
    And... here's Chilly's resume:

1978-1980: University of Illinois
    (runningbacks coach)

1981-1984: University of Illinois
    (wide receivers coach)

1985: Indianapolis Colts
    (quarterbacks coach)

1986-1989: Northern Arizona University
    (offensive coordinator)

1990: University of Utah
    (wide receivers coach)

1991-1993: University of Wisconsin-Madison
    (quarterbacks coach)

1994-1998: University of Wisconsin-Madison
    (offensive coordinator)

1999-2002: Philadelphia Eagles
    (quarterbacks coach)

2003-2005: Philadelphia Eagles
    (offensive coordinator)

2006-present: Minnesota Vikings
    (head coach) Overall Record: 14-18...(correction... he's 14-20, thanks Mike!)

Do the math.

Never a Head Coach... at any level... and it's showing on the field.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Mjölnir is offline Rookie

The sad thing is that there are potential solutions. Not even particularly complex or painful ones. But there is only one person who can make those changes, and sadly I don't think he's up to the job. Too stubborn to consider a deviation from his conceived path.

'Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results'.

Albert Einstein

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Childress to me is a good offensive coordinator, not a head coach.

He has a 56 % winning percentage. I think Denny Green's was like 65 % .

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Bleedin" wrote:
    Why are u even here? Go to a Packers forum.
    Stick around for a while buddy and it will all become clear.

Until then don't jump to any conclusions and read my sig carefully and you might figure it out
    Oh haha, my bad, didnt mean to misjudge.
    THAT OLD LADY IS NOT ME..HAHA

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011