Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Enough complaints. Lets talk soultions!

What can be done to change this team around. We cant fire childress or bench TJ. So what can we do?

1) Hire an Offensive play caller. Billick, Kiffen - They should be able to take the players we have and create a better
    2) Bring in a Qb to compete with TJ. Culpepper or Garcia!
    3) Sign Koren Robinson or Charles Rogers: Rice is hurt and will be miss games.
    4) Fix the kick and punt return game. Gordon isn't the answer. CT shouldn't be returning kicks.

Any real ideas besides Fire Childress.

Mjölnir is offline Rookie

Re: Enough complaints. Lets talk soultions!

I would put hiring an OC at the top of the list... but I think that Chilly is too stubborn to contemplate it...

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    What can be done to change this team around. We cant fire childress or bench TJ. So what can we do?

1) Hire an Offensive play caller. Billick, Kiffen - They should be able to take the players we have and create a better
    4) Fix the kick and punt return game. Gordon isn't the answer. CT shouldn't be returning kicks.

hire cowher!
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Kiffen would be my first move, but its not going to happen.

I would like them to open the playbook, and see if Tjack can make more plays that way, if he can't, then its time to move on.
    Not cutting him but having him as the backup.
    Holding him back isnt working, TRY something DIFFERENT

How about emotion from the Chiller

Thanks josdin00

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would start by sitting Wade and Berrian to start the next game and put in Rice and Allison. That will tell us whether there is a chance that Jackson can form better chemistry with different WR's and I saw more separation between Rice, Allison and the defenders than I was seeing from Wade, Berrian and the defenders.

If that doesn't make things better I would pull Jackson and give Gus a try and see if he can get something done with either set of WR's.

Something has to click. With all of the talent we brought in there has to be one combination that can get us back in rythm

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I would start by sitting Wade and Berrian to start the next game and put in Rice and Allison. That will tell us whether there is a chance that Jackson can form better chemistry with different WR's and I saw more separation between Rice, Allison and the defenders than I was seeing from Wade, Berrian and the defenders.

If that doesn't make things better I would pull Jackson and give Gus a try and see if he can get something done with either set of WR's.

Something has to click. With all of the talent we brought in there has to be one combination that can get us back in rythm

I'm actually going to agree with you

Thanks josdin00

tybrones87 is offline Rookie

The problem with the solutions is that implementing them before the end of the season could absolutely kill the whole year.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Replace Wade with Allison on the depth chart.

Incorporate the god damn play-action.

Keep Peterson in on third downs, we were supposed to fix that problem over the off-season. By pulling him every single 3rd down the defense knows what's coming(this sounds an awful lot like what we were saying last season.)

VikesFanInNC is offline Rookie

Agree with most other of those apart from the kr with Chester. I thought he did a fairly good job today.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:

There is no solution that will help us win this year. We continue with this team and get as many W's as possible.

1. We can't change our playbook mid-season.
    2. No QB would be able to compete with a QB who knows our offense, they might be ready by week 6. (Brett still doesn't really know the jets offense)
    3. We won't sign anyone with Character issues, these guys are chumps anyways. Allison should see more playing time anyways IMO.
    4. Our return game didn't really hurt us today. The only time it hurt us was when they downed the ball at the 2 on a punt, but you can't really blame the returner for that.

We can wait to the season is over and fire chilly, TJ goes with him. Probably the quickest fix.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast