Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    donjen95 is offline Rookie

Re: Emotion in Locker Room

how about the defense stepping up and helping out!!!!!!!!!! this guy has been carrying us for years. now that he's out, d has to pick it up!

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

This may be the lowest point the Vikings have reached in a long, long time. Personally, I wish Daunte the best.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    I was watching the news last night and hearing a few of the players talk about what Daunte's injury really means to them. It seems like they are all truly hurting right now because of it. I think that really showed me how much the guys respect Daunte and look up to him. Even though it has seemed that Daunte hasn't been playing all too well this season, I never question his love for the game. He truly loves the game of football and to go down like that and have your career on the line must be tragic. My prayers go out to Daunte, his family and the entire Viking team right now. I can't imagine how hard this must be.

Awesome post girl.. I agree whole heartely.. Pep is the man and when he got hurt before they cut to commercial my stomach dropped.. I love the guy.. The man plays the game with a passion.. Glad to have him on the Vikes!

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

"Vikesfreak81" wrote:
    Culpepper was seen crying in the locker room after Sunday's game, and when asked about his conversation with Culpepper, Tice looked down and mumbled, "He said, 'I love you,' and I said the same thing to him. I love him, too."

So for everyone that's going to talk about a new QB or drafting one, lets do one thing.....Despite being 2-5 they could have packed the season in along time ago, but they found away to make us all happy eith that win over GreenBay, reason for it, was Daunte's 2nd half play. So let's give our QB some props for giving it he had this year despite a losing record, wish him a well recovery and look forward to him coming back next year.

People who booed at home games...just remember it takes a real man to cry and tell his coach and other players he loves them, but for us fans it shows no matter what the record was or the booiong he wanted to play hard and win games, not just for them but for us who bleed purple every sunday.
    Not familiar with any of your other posts, but I will say this, that is probably one of the best posts/threads I've read on here!! I could not agree more, C-Pep poured his heart out for this team and its fans, I wish him all the best!!

Not to hate on anyone for this but I to thought the hit looked a little like a knee hunter, granted I am not out there on the field, so, I guess things happen, it just is really magnified when it is your team! That head hit on Garcia was prettyy brutal yesterday as well!!

Sad day for the Vikes, but tommorrow is a new day!

Cheers!

6-KINGS Guest

Daunte will have a long and painful road to recovery.
    If it is true that the damage is that severe.
    We may have seen the last of a very special athelete.

I tore 2 ligs in my right knee and I know somewhat of what he will go through.

My prayers go out to Daunte and his family.
    He will need so much support, understanding and a close person to keep him going in the long run.

It is a very depressing injury.
    Everything is affected by it.
    From sleep to showers and just watching TV.
    It always hurts.
    The rehab is enough to make you scream at times.

It is for intents and purposes learning to use that leg all over again.

I feel deeply for him.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"LunchBox" wrote:
    sounded to me like Tice and Daunte were saying goodbye to each other...
    Sounds more to me like how much love & respect they have for one another.

Despite what the fans think of Tice, Daunte has never quit believing in him as a coach & as a man & Tice has never given up on Dante.

To me, that says a lot about both of them, as a player, as a coach & as human beings.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I believe THIS would be the proper time to start holding all those anti-Culpepper people accountable for saying how much better the Vikes would be with Johnson starting.

I notice they are awfully quiet.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

6-KINGS Guest

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I believe THIS would be the proper time to start holding all those anti-Culpepper people accountable for saying how much better the Vikes would be with Johnson starting.

I notice they are awfully quiet.
    Well we start that journey Sunday don't we.
    In the very least it will be interesting.

bender_over is offline Rookie

Pep is a classy individual and his leadership will definitely be missed on this team. Hopefully, Daunte will bounce back and be back sometime next year. As for drafting a QB, I really don't think that's the route the team needs to go, not only because you'd have one heck of a QB controversy. A rookie QB would likely just be turning a corner when Culpepper will be coming back. There are too many other issues on this team to invest in two franchise QBs.

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

Pep is all class and a very good QB.I wish him gods speed in his recovery.Maybe one thing to tell him to cheer him up is by the time he comes back this entire coaching staff will be gone...
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast