Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Embree, Bieniemy emerge as top CU candidates

Bieniemy, a source said, suggested during his interview that if he were hired as head coach, some of the positions on his staff could be filled by:

Offensive coordinator Embree.
    Running backs (or another position) current CU running backs coach Darian Hagan and/or former Colorado State tailback and current Notre Dame assistant Tony Alford.
    Offensive line: California O-line coach Steve Marshall, a former CU assistant (2000-01).
    Defensive coordinator: University of Arizona co-defensive coordinator Greg Brown, a CU assistant for two stints.
    Linebackers: Oakland Raiders defensive assistant Greg Biekert, a former Buffs standout.
    Defensive line: Kanavis McGhee, a former Buffs second-team All-American.
    Defensive secondary: current CU assistant Ashley Ambrose.

Hey, I thought he wasn't interested. Now he is?

First rat leaving the sinking ship perhaps? :unsure:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Embree, Bieniemy emerge as top CU candidates

I wouldn't lose any sleep if he took the job.

AD was a star before he came here & IMO, would have put up those yards with or without Bieniemy as the RB coach.

When your star RB has a fumbling problem & it takes you over 2 years to rectify it, it doesn't scream great coach to me.

When your star RB can't block for shitt & 4 years later you haven't rectified it, it doesn't scream great coach to me.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1080974
    I wouldn't lose any sleep if he took the job.

AD was a star before he came here & IMO, would have put up those yards with or without Bieniemy as the RB coach.

When your star RB has a fumbling problem & it takes you over 2 years to rectify it, it doesn't scream great coach to me.

When your star RB can't block for shitt & 4 years later you haven't rectified it, it doesn't scream great coach to me.
    I hear ya.

He has had his issues, mostly for me its the whole 12 man on the field thing cause he didn't have his headset on when they changed the play package.

The point still stands though. Are we seeing the start of the "Exodus" now.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Erinnn is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1080969
    Bieniemy, a source said, suggested during his interview that if he were hired as head coach, some of the positions on his staff could be filled by:

Running backs (or another position) current CU running backs coach Darian Hagan and/or former Colorado State tailback and current Notre Dame assistant Tony Alford.
    Offensive line: California O-line coach Steve Marshall, a former CU assistant (2000-01).
    Defensive coordinator: University of Arizona co-defensive coordinator Greg Brown, a CU assistant for two stints.
    Linebackers: Oakland Raiders defensive assistant Greg Biekert, a former Buffs standout.

You also have to consider that prior offers were for a coordinator position, and this is for head coach. Now add to it the fact that he is a legend at CU; the fans, players and alumni will go crazy over him if he is picked, you can see the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by "Erinnn" #1081066

You also have to consider that prior offers were for a coordinator position, and this is for head coach. Now add to it the fact that he is a legend at CU; the fans, players and alumni will go crazy over him if he is picked, you can see the appeal.
    Thanks for the update. Truth of the matter is, I thought the first offer was to be HC.

Erinnn is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081069

Thanks for the update. Truth of the matter is, I thought the first offer was to be HC.
    There might have been a HC position offered, I don't remember there being anything serious. The most prominent one I remember (USC) was for offensive coordinator.

And I just read that a formal offer was made to Embree about an hour ago, but he has not yet accepted it.

Quote Originally Posted by "Erinnn" #1081072
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081069

There might have been a HC position offered, I don't remember there being anything serious. The most prominent one I remember (USC) was for offensive coordinator.

And I just read that a formal offer was made to Embree about an hour ago, but he has not yet accepted it.
    Again, thanks for the update.

I might just have to move you onto the "Chicks that know football" spreadsheet. Right now that is headed up by a young lady on here called Freya.

Next to my wife "Wildwoman", she (Freya) seems to know more about the game than any lady I've ever met.

Report: Vikings RBs coach Eric Bieniemy returning to Colorado as offensive coordinator

The exodus begins.

I for one am glad Theenimy is gone. As the new O-coord I bet he doesn't take his headset off......

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

This year keeps getting better ....I wanted both Chilly and Beinedumbassey gone but probably EB more so christmas is a few weeks early things just keep gettin better....I bet AD is stoked that this no nothing is gone

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

[quote="Marrdro" #1081076]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Erinnn" #1081072

I might just have to move you onto the "Chicks that know football" spreadsheet. Right now that is headed up by a young lady on here called Freya.

Next to my wife "Wildwoman", she (Freya) seems to know more about the game than any lady I've ever met.
    You smooth talker you... usually you offer the ladies a Mountain Dew and a tour of your meat curing shed in the back yard... you're really getting quite civilised in your old age Marr :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast