Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Email to Florio regarding Cherilus's hit on Allen

    I don't like the hit Allen took and I don't think it was necasary but he certainly had his very close knee shots on Houston's QB Matt Shaub who is just getting back from injury.

  2. #12
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,601

    Re: Email to Florio regarding Cherilus's hit on Allen

    Cheap shots should be punishable offenses.
    We're bringing purple back.

  3. #13
    vike_mike's Avatar
    vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    474

    Re: Email to Florio regarding Cherilus's hit on Allen

    The Matt Shaub play and the play that Cherilus did were not the same at all.
    Jared Allen's job is to attack the QB.
    That's football.
    I would like to see how many 270 lbs people could stop on a dime after running full speed.
    It is not going to happen.
    However Cherilus was on the ground and got up for the soul purpose of stopping Allen at any cost, even if he were to tear his ACL.
    You can't possibly believe the two are related.

  4. #14
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Email to Florio regarding Cherilus's hit on Allen

    "vike_mike" wrote:
    The Matt Shaub play and the play that Cherilus did were not the same at all.
    Jared Allen's job is to attack the QB.
    That's football.
    I would like to see how many 270 lbs people could stop on a dime after running full speed.
    It is not going to happen.
    However Cherilus was on the ground and got up for the soul purpose of stopping Allen at any cost, even if he were to tear his ACL.
    You can't possibly believe the two are related.
    think of it this way, if it were Anthony Hererra making that exact same hit on Kampman, would you all be bitching about the hit?
    No, you'd be arguing it was perfectly legal and you'd be sick of hearing packers fans complaining.
    this is football, hits happen, and this one was perfectly legal, get over it.

  5. #15
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Email to Florio regarding Cherilus's hit on Allen

    "vike_mike" wrote:
    The Matt Shaub play and the play that Cherilus did were not the same at all.
    Jared Allen's job is to attack the QB.
    That's football.
    I would like to see how many 270 lbs people could stop on a dime after running full speed.
    It is not going to happen.
    However Cherilus was on the ground and got up for the soul purpose of stopping Allen at any cost, even if he were to tear his ACL.
    You can't possibly believe the two are related.
    I'll repost so you can fully understand what I was saying.

    "I don't like the hit Allen took and I don't think it was necasary but he certainly had his very close knee shots on Houston's QB Matt Shaub who is just getting back from injury."

    They were not the same play nor could that ever be possible.

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Email to Florio regarding Cherilus's hit on Allen

    Again, I have no problem with the legality of it.
    My problem is with Florio aggressively defending Johnson last year, but claiming that Allen deserved it this year.
    Nobody deserves to get hit like that, and there should be just as much outcry over this as there was last year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Email to Florio regarding Cherilus's hit on Allen

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    The Matt Shaub play and the play that Cherilus did were not the same at all.
    Jared Allen's job is to attack the QB.
    That's football.
    I would like to see how many 270 lbs people could stop on a dime after running full speed.
    It is not going to happen.
    However Cherilus was on the ground and got up for the soul purpose of stopping Allen at any cost, even if he were to tear his ACL.
    You can't possibly believe the two are related.
    think of it this way, if it were Anthony Hererra making that exact same hit on Kampman, would you all be bitching about the hit?
    No, you'd be arguing it was perfectly legal and you'd be sick of hearing packers fans complaining.
    this is football, hits happen, and this one was perfectly legal, get over it.
    I disagree.
    You see, there is precedence here.
    Last year Trent Green took out Johnson with a very similar hit.
    And I was against it then too.
    In fact, I specifically said that it was Green's own stupid fault that he got knocked silly.

    There is a big difference between a chop block and a low hit. IMHO those were both low hits, and should not be legal in the NFL.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Email to Florio regarding Cherilus's hit on Allen

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    The Matt Shaub play and the play that Cherilus did were not the same at all.
    Jared Allen's job is to attack the QB.
    That's football.
    I would like to see how many 270 lbs people could stop on a dime after running full speed.
    It is not going to happen.
    However Cherilus was on the ground and got up for the soul purpose of stopping Allen at any cost, even if he were to tear his ACL.
    You can't possibly believe the two are related.
    think of it this way, if it were Anthony Hererra making that exact same hit on Kampman, would you all be bitching about the hit?
    No, you'd be arguing it was perfectly legal and you'd be sick of hearing packers fans complaining.
    this is football, hits happen, and this one was perfectly legal, get over it.
    I disagree.
    You see, there is precedence here.
    Last year Trent Green took out Johnson with a very similar hit.
    And I was against it then too.
    In fact, I specifically said that it was Green's own stupid fault that he got knocked silly.

    There is a big difference between a chop block and a low hit. IMHO those were both low hits, and should not be legal in the NFL.
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=49452.msg875948#msg875948 date=1228771910]
    Again, I have no problem with the legality of it.

  9. #19
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Email to Florio regarding Cherilus's hit on Allen

    They need to change this

    No way should a lineman be able to ram his helmet into a defenders leg

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Email to Florio regarding Cherilus's hit on Allen

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    The Matt Shaub play and the play that Cherilus did were not the same at all.
    Jared Allen's job is to attack the QB.
    That's football.
    I would like to see how many 270 lbs people could stop on a dime after running full speed.
    It is not going to happen.
    However Cherilus was on the ground and got up for the soul purpose of stopping Allen at any cost, even if he were to tear his ACL.
    You can't possibly believe the two are related.
    think of it this way, if it were Anthony Hererra making that exact same hit on Kampman, would you all be bitching about the hit?
    No, you'd be arguing it was perfectly legal and you'd be sick of hearing packers fans complaining.
    this is football, hits happen, and this one was perfectly legal, get over it.
    I disagree.
    You see, there is precedence here.
    Last year Trent Green took out Johnson with a very similar hit.
    And I was against it then too.
    In fact, I specifically said that it was Green's own stupid fault that he got knocked silly.

    There is a big difference between a chop block and a low hit. IMHO those were both low hits, and should not be legal in the NFL.
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Again, I have no problem with the legality of it.
    To clarify -

    I know that it was a legal hit.
    Therefore I have no problem with it not being flagged.
    However, I disagree with the fact that it is legal in the first place.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Robert Smith vs Mike Florio
    By Tad7 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 04:39 PM
  2. Florio and Pereira bitching about Vikings
    By FuadFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 06:20 AM
  3. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 07:34 AM
  4. Florio Disses on Vikes
    By BobbyOShea in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 06:46 PM
  5. Florio: Vikings @ 23.
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 04:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •