Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Elling's Agent Pissy

From Yahoo Sports:

Kicker Aaron Elling has enough problems with an injured hip that has cut short his kicking duel with Paul Edinger. Now he has to worry about his agent sticking his nose in Mike Tice's business.

Every agent is out to get the best deal for his client, but often times when it comes to the NFL, outspoken wives, friends or agents are better left unseen and unheard. Good rarely comes from Kurt Warner's wife embarrassing her husband on St. Louis radio or any time Drew Rosenhaus' name is mentioned.

Add Frank Murtha to the list of outsiders that has got the attention of Mike Tice. Murtha, the agent for kicker Aaron Elling , has thrown himself into the middle of the kicking controversry by asking where Tice stands on his client -- wanting answers so he can either relax or shop Elling elsewhere to a team that needs a kicker like the Bucs and Cowboys.

Elling had an MRI on his hip, which he injured in pregame warmups Friday. The results came back negative, but Murtha wants to know whether the performance by Edinger Friday was enough to tip the scales in his favor. Tice had said previously that he expected the battle to be decided in the final preseason game outdoors at Seattle.

Whether Elling has a chance or not isn't for him to decide and certainly not for Murtha to demand answers to. If anything, Murtha may be hurting his client's case, because the Vikings don't need to make a move at the position until next week and, whether the team keeps Edinger or Elling, it will come down to ability -- not what an agent wants an answer to. More times than not, agents are better left seen and not heard.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Elling's Agent Pissy

Personally, I think it is Edinger's job to lose, but that's why I'm a phy ed teacher and not a pro football coach!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Trade him for a 6th or 7th rounder, who cares. Edinger was already good in chicago, he can only be better in a dome. (which he showed against the chargers)

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Do you think we will get something out of a trade of Elling? I wouldn't think so, but it sure would be nice.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

He can barkey walk with the pain right now so how can he kick? Besides if a guy gets hurt in warmups how can you trust him going into a regular season game. I like Elling as a kicker but he is as streaky as Brett Favre's undershorts and I say we go with Edinger as he has been more consistant and can kick FG that is longer than 30 yds.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

A team like tampa who really ...really needs a kicker...might just be desprate enough to give up a 7th rounder for him, i was at thier game last week and i'll be there thursday...thier kicker sucks

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    A team like tampa who really ...really needs a kicker...might just be desprate enough to give up a 7th rounder for him, i was at thier game last week and i'll be there thursday...thier kicker sucks
    Off of the subject but where is Gramatica kicking these days and he would still be a better option than Elling I think.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Why would they bother to trade for Elling??? They know we aren't going to keep two kickers, and so that means we will cut Elling (or possibly Edinger but I doubt that now). They can just sign him and get him for nothing.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Everyone knows we are going to cut Elling. We woudln't get anything for him.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

lets see what the cowboys want. but they are probably knowing we will cut him and they will get him as a FA.