Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Elling stays

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Elling stays

even the players from last year still have to earn there spot on the
    Elling has a strong leg, but needs to work on his [size=9px]accuracy. It is nice to have a kicker that can make 50+ yarders. Tice needs to realize that kicking is all about confidence. If you go for it on 4th down all the time, your rookie kicker will loose confidence quickly. Look at the beginning of last year, elling had his confidence and played good. This kid only needs some confidence. I am sure, that if he sucked as much as some of you are saying he does, that we would have signed a FA kicker, or drafted a good one early in the draft. The fact that we only signed an undrafted kicker, should tell us that our coaching staff is confident in Elling, so we should be too, they probably know better than we do.[/quote][size=7px][/size]

It would be nice to have a kicker that can make 50+ Elling was 1 for 3 over 50 yards 4 for 7 40 to 49 yards that is a whopping 50% over 40 yards. He was 6 for 8 30 to 39 yards. Those are the facts he sucks and
    I hope Dan wins the job
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Elling stays

"purplehorn" wrote:
    even the players from last year still have to earn there spot on the
    Elling has a strong leg, but needs to work on his [size=9px]accuracy. It is nice to have a kicker that can make 50+ yarders. Tice needs to realize that kicking is all about confidence. If you go for it on 4th down all the time, your rookie kicker will loose confidence quickly. Look at the beginning of last year, elling had his confidence and played good. This kid only needs some confidence. I am sure, that if he sucked as much as some of you are saying he does, that we would have signed a FA kicker, or drafted a good one early in the draft. The fact that we only signed an undrafted kicker, should tell us that our coaching staff is confident in Elling, so we should be too, they probably know better than we do.
    [size=7px][/size]

It would be nice to have a kicker that can make 50+ Elling was 1 for 3 over 50 yards 4 for 7 40 to 49 yards that is a whopping 50% over 40 yards. He was 6 for 8 30 to 39 yards. Those are the facts he sucks and
    I hope Dan wins the job[/quote]

Again, he has the leg, but needs to work on accuracy! I guess you know more than the coaches do about our kicker?

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Elling stays

OK smartass I think the coaches ARE the ones who
    signed Dan Orner and also had as good of chance
    going for it on forth down as making anything over
    40 yards 50-50 to be exact. He has the leg? there
    are alot of people that can kick a football 50 yards
    it just doesn't count unless it goes through the uprights. I wonder are you Elling? why would you
    defend the weakest link on the team? 50% over
    40 yards that is the worst by any Viking kicker ever.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Mossville is offline Starter

Elling stays

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    You can't judge kickers by their rookie year.
    Why not? how much harder is it to kick in the NFL as opposed to College? Oh wait, he must have to get adjusted to kicking in new stadiums...stressful work. Kicking is kicking and he is horrible. The pussy cant even get it in past the 10 on kick offs.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Elling stays

I'm willing to give Elling aother year, but if he doesn't improve he needs to be cut

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Elling stays

i think that is the problem, we say he mat be better at kicking field goals this year, and even so his kickoffs are a big problem also, getting to the ten is not what i would call good position for the team to have the ball and space to run. If he is not solid in the preseason, really solid, we need to change before the season, i dont want him to cost us any more games
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Elling stays

hoc come my signature line turns into weird number/letters after a week or so of writing? Oh yeah and i am at 500 now, yeah for me
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Elling stays

dart it happens if you change your avatar... you're going to have to go back into your profile and redo your sig.

Elling stays

How was Elling last preseason? Anybody see the games?
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Elling stays

Kicking is 99.99999% mental. Doesn't matter how strong you are and often your mechanics are a given. If you lose your confidence, or never get it in the first place, you're kicking game is in serious jeopardy.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast