Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    freaky is offline Starter

Re: Elling looks good in offseason so far...

I think all you can ever ask for is consistency here, as much as we'd all love a gun kicker. Mind u consistently piss week (i.e. morten?)is no longer the preferred option!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I don't understand how anyone can trust/be satisfied/be happy with Elling. He hasn't done anything good for us. What makes you think he will do awesome? Certainly you aren't judging from past exeperiences.

It's not as if he missed field goals in big games. It's that the coaches don't even trust him enough to let him kick the FG in big games. That is downright awful.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

freaky is offline Starter

i second all of that...we are in desperation stakes right now! i'm really at a loss as to what we can do right now...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

he did lose us some games.. but he is the best we got.. him or nichols.. i dont care who we use as long as its the best we can do..

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

If this franchise cannot do better at kicker than Aaron Elling we are simply trying to jinx our hopes of a Super Bowl. The goal every offseason is too improve your team in order to make a run at the championship. I am ecstatic at what we have done this year, but you cannot tell me that we can't do better at kicker than this genuine loser. I wanna see that damn ball go through the uprights when the game is tied and we are inside the 40 with 2 or less minutes left. I don't wanna see Pep dropping back and hoping for a miracle play. That isnt even a miracle situation. Its a play where our stud kicker should be in there icing the game. Elling is no stud kicker.

I'm not even asking for a stud kicker. Just please anyone with a consistent leg. Please.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

It's simple to me, elling sucks and I guarantee he isn't our starting kicker next season, so the fact that he is the guy to beat for the job right now, means nothing to me. Like I said before, Every d@mn year during mini camp, tice has went public and said elling looks great, to try and boost his confidence. It hasn't worked, because if he misses 1 FG, he is done. HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY SELF CONFIDENCE, NONE. He will never be a good starting kicker in the NFL IMO.

I don't support a player because he is a vike, I support the players that are vikes, that I feel deserve their spot on the roster. Elling does not deserve a spot on the roster, so I will not support him.

I want the best possible chance at winning the super bowl, and we aren't gonna win one, with a crappy kicker, it won't happen. Thus I will not support a crappy kicker that has no self confidence, to lead us to a super bowl win, it is crazy.

And I was one of the few, who actually supported elling last year, but enough is enough. I am sick of him getting shot after shot and blowing shot after shot.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345