Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Elling looks good in offseason so far...

If Elling is tired of hearing that we dont have a kicker, shut us up!!!!!

PurpleElf Guest

Man I really do hope were not putting our faith into a kid like Elling. He just does'nt have the mental make-up to be successful in ths league.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    If Elling is tired of hearing that we dont have a kicker, shut us up!!!!!
    You said it all!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Despite what Tice says regarding Elling, I still believe that we will be picking someone else up when the June 1 cuts come in. Then we'll see a TC contest for the kicking spot which Elling will probably miss out on.
    He has come along a lot since his woes of last year but, given the position that the Vikes are pushing themselves into in terms of strength within the NFC, I cannot see that we will jepoardise winning games due to poor kicking. So as much as I'd like to see him come good I think he'll be gone before the season starts.
    I know that Vandy may be released from the Colts but I have a feeling we may end up with Edinger from the Bears.
    Both are similar in stats for last year apart from Edinger having the longest kick of the two but he can also punt - so may allow an extra roster spot to be freed up if wanted.
    Also I think he could benefit from playing in a Dome, especially as 10 games of our schedule are inside
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

everyone here is so hard on elling.

look at it this way. he lost his job. and he came back to do kickoffs for us.

that tells me he has some heart as well as balls.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"happy camper" wrote:

Maybe he can go play for the Packers and you can cheer for him there.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Elling and Tiec have given us no reason to trust our kicking situation. Not even Tice trusts Elling. You don't go for it on 4th inside the 40-yard line if you trust your kicker.

Aaron Elling nneds to shutup and get out of town. He had his chance and he blew it. We are way to good to be held back by a mediocre kicker.

I have never heard of an NFL kicker complain about pressure until this idiot. Dealing with pressure is basically your job Aaron. Physically, kicking is easy. Mentally, its amazingly hard. If you can't deal with the pressure, you need to get out of the league.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Well if he is doing better in MC then a person a few ppl wanted to draft after Nuge he must be doing something right

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"happy camper" wrote:

I think the matter is one that we've been blessed in recent years with steady and consistent kickers and unfortunately Elling has not shown to be that. Certainly agree that he had heart to come back and deal with kickoffs and his ankle injury was due to a TD saving tackle that he made. Unfortunately we need to be sure that we can go for FGs when they are within range and that wasn't happening last year. It may be that he beats out competition during TC this year but I'm not sure that he'll be able to.
    This situation has occurred due to the Vikes not making a decent enough offer two years ago for Edinger when they had the chance. If there are decent FA kickers available on the market this year then we have to make sure that we pick one up to at least push Elling. That may be the spur he needs to become a good and consistent kicker which is something we haven't seen yet.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:

Maybe he can go play for the Packers and you can cheer for him there.
    not sure how you meant that to come out. but it seemed kind of rude.

i just saw a whole page bashing elling and i thought id chime in and say something nice about the kid. reading some of his quotes in the paper, it really seems like he has the heart and desire to come back. he obviously beleives he now has the talent to make a difference, otherwise he wouldnt be making such positive statements. i am not opposed and closed minded enough to think he doesnt have another shot. right now, our choices are limited anyways. you can always speculate "oh, the bears are gonna release.." or "the colts are gonna release.." but elling is who we have now. he had a rough start and tice yanked him. but elling came back and did kickoffs. i just thought that showed a little character.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast