Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PurplePharaoh is offline Rookie

Elling to get another chance

Vikings: Elling to get another chance

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Monday, March 21, 2005

News
    The Vikings addressed their defensive needs via free agency, but they neglected to sign a kicker to replace Morten Andersen. Although drafting a kicker remains a possibility, Vikings' officials have indicated that they intend to give Aaron Elling another chance to win the starting job, according to Monday's Star Tribune. Elling lost his job and later suffered a broken ankle last season.

Views
    This news leads us to believe that the Vikings are targeting Ohio State kicker Mike Nugent in the draft. Head coach Mike Tice has been infuriated by the kicking game throughout his tenure, so it's hard to imagine he's willing to roll the dice on Elling again, especially when the third-year kicker is returning from a significant injury.

http://www.angelfire.com/mn2/VikingTrader/

[img:af473e5384]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/don_banks/03/24/banks.vikes/p1_smoot.jpg[/img:af473e5384]

"If loving the Vikings is wrong, I dont wannabe right"

Articnv is offline Coach

he had one to many chances to prove how he sucks. lets go nugent in the 2nd rnd

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

NO!

does anyone remember in pre-season where he missed 3 xp or something like that?

Skyliner is offline Rookie

I'd hate to use a second round draft pick on a kicker but Elling??? Could be using Elling as a cover to see if Nugent could drop down from the second round. But personnally i'd rather throw the ball on fourth downs then hope that Elling can make the field goal.

chennegar is offline Rookie

Exactly, would be much more successful leaving the ball in Culpeppers hands rather than the foot of Elling.

sabatajh is offline Rookie

I think tice is just trying to give the impression we will draft RB at 7 and stick with Elling so we can really get williams and nuge for sure its all smoke screens elling is garbage his only half way decent strength was kick offs but oh well nuge can handle that and is even got a stronger leg.......Im willin to bet Nuge can kick with acuracy farther that elling can chuck a football lol hes garbage

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Im all for using Elling one last time if we get enough talent in the draft... 7th Mike williams- 18th Eramus James- 2nd round Chris Henry

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. we need that nugget guy whoever he is. I have never seen him play but i hear is goooood

Re: Elling to get another chance

"PurplePharaoh" wrote:
    Vikings: Elling to get another chance

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Monday, March 21, 2005

News
    The Vikings addressed their defensive needs via free agency, but they neglected to sign a kicker to replace Morten Andersen. Although drafting a kicker remains a possibility, Vikings' officials have indicated that they intend to give Aaron Elling another chance to win the starting job, according to Monday's Star Tribune. Elling lost his job and later suffered a broken ankle last season.

Views
    This news leads us to believe that the Vikings are targeting Ohio State kicker Mike Nugent in the draft. Head coach Mike Tice has been infuriated by the kicking game throughout his tenure, so it's hard to imagine he's willing to roll the dice on Elling again, especially when the third-year kicker is returning from a significant injury.

can elling, he sucks....draft the Nuge in the 2nd round!
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Elling to get another chance

From VU:
    * More than a couple mock drafts have the Vikings taking Ohio State kicker Mike Nugent with their second-round pick. The only way that happens is if Scott Studwell is bound and gagged – and that’s considered mutiny in the war room.

This doesn't sound too promising that we want to take nugent. I sure as hell hope we do, elling had his shots, too many of them already.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast