40-49--70%
    50+----68%

Elling

1-19---N/A
    20-29--100%
    20-39--66%
    40-49--57%
    50+----33%

Elling would do a great job for us, if all our field goals were within 20-29 yards.
    We have a dynamic offence. We aren't looking for someone to regularly kick 50 yard field goals. You saw last year, we scored plenty of points, and we didn't even attempt field goals from outside 40 yards or so. We need someone to consistently kick mid-short range field goals, kick the odd long field goal, and get good kickoff to give us good field position.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Prophet Guest

Re: Elling or Edinger?

Yeah, those stats make it a no-brainer. The Vikes can always pick up a Nugentesque kicker with the 32nd overall pick next year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I say we pick up CUNDIFF and throw him on the Roster. I know he is injured but unless it is not more than they are saying, he should be alright by week 5 or 6. He could be a long term option. The guy played at Drake and I think he holds the record for the longest kick in college????? 62yds?????? Little help here.

I think it is worth the gamble. Hold on to Edinger, he has the most experience.
    The current record for the longest FG in college is 67 yards and held by three people:
    Russell Erxleben on October 10, 1977 (I actually saw that one live on TV)
    Steve Little on October 15, 1977
    Joe Williams on October 21, 1978
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I say we pick up CUNDIFF and throw him on the Roster. I know he is injured but unless it is not more than they are saying, he should be alright by week 5 or 6. He could be a long term option. The guy played at Drake and I think he holds the record for the longest kick in college????? 62yds?????? Little help here.

The current record for the longest FG in college is 67 yards and held by three people:
    That is strange that they all are with in a year or so of each other, and nobody has tied or broken in since. Why does it seem that high school records are longer than colllege and NFL. Is it because they are not afraid of the risk?

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

He does or did hold the record for something. It must be for NCAA D2 or something. I think it was 62 or 63 yrds???????????????? It was in like 2000-2001 when it happened.

Del Rio Guest

The reason we didn't kick 40+ last year wasn't because we didn't need to it was because we were scared shitless to try lol. I remember plenty of awkward situations where it was like "ok if we had a normal consistent kicker we would kick, but we don't so hell with it punt/go for it.

Prophet Guest

Cundiff tied the record for the most field goals in an NFL game in 2003 with seven.

OK it was second not first in the record books.

College Career

Cundiff finished out his career at Drake owning 15 school and five Pioneer League records, including career marks for points (284), field goals (49-of-79), and PATs (137-of-151). He also ranks 14th on the NCAA I-AA career field goal list connecting on 49 kicks. As a senior, he hit 11-of-17 field goals, including two from 50 yards or more. As a junior, he tallied 100 points as he connected on 20-of-27 field goals including one from 62 yards out, which placed him second in NCAA I-AA annals.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The reason we didn't kick 40+ last year wasn't because we didn't need to it was because we were scared shitless to try lol. I remember plenty of awkward situations where it was like "ok if we had a normal consistent kicker we would kick, but we don't so hell with it punt/go for it.
    TRU DAT

and the reason Elling didn't have any 1-19 was also because we were scared crapless and just decided we were so close might aws well go for it.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken he only kicked 2 field goals last year he missed one that puts him at 50%

He has kicked a wopping 27 attempts in his carreer. He is 70.4% accurate.

Edinger kicked 146 attempts and is 75.3% accurate.
    It's a bit early in his career to be able to tell whether or not he's capable of being an NFL kicker. Elling has improved (and still is improving), while Edinger is nearing the end of his career (or at least his period of quality play), and isn't getting any younger. Elling still can get better. You can't really expect a kicker to do well early in their career unless they are really talented, early-draft-worthy kickers. And unless I'm mistaken, Edinger's numbers have fallen during the past few years. I'd be happy to be wrong about that, but I remember reading that they had. Besides, Chicago let go of him for a reason, right?

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast